Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: BSOD while playing games and irql less than or equal error

18 May 2012   #1

Windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 
BSOD while playing games and irql less than or equal error

Hi, for the past week I've been getting a few different BSOD errors but the main one is irql less than or equal. It normally happens while playing games. I'm running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

My system specs are
Motherboard: p6t deluxe v2
CPU: i7 930
Graphics Card: ATI HD 7970
RAM: not sure but only 6gigs DDR3

I'm also running ESET NOD32 Smart Security for an antivirus and firewall. Not sure if that will do anything.

Any help would be appreciated. I read the posting instructions thread so I have a zip file with the report and minidump data.

Let me know if there's anything else you need!

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 May 2012   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

I am Only considering the most recent ones. These were related to your Eset I am afraid. I wold remove and replace it with Microsoft Security essentials AT LEAST TO TEST.

http://download.eset.com/special/ESETUninstaller.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2012   #3

Windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

Alright I actually uninstalled it right after I made this thread. I'm going to install Security Essentials and see what happens now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 May 2012   #4

Windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

I still get BSOD. I thought it was better cause it didn't happen for a day but it started again. It was the IRQL LESS THEN OR EQUAL error again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 May 2012   #5

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lions12 View Post
I still get BSOD. I thought it was better cause it didn't happen for a day but it started again. It was the IRQL LESS THEN OR EQUAL error again.
And the new DMP files are where? Without them we are flying blind.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2012   #6

Windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

Sorry I was away for a day. Here's the minidump files.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 May 2012   #7

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lions12 View Post
Sorry I was away for a day. Here's the minidump files.
Now that Eset is gone we are making some progress. You have a known cause of BSOD's. Called asacpi.sys, yours is from 2005 and needs to be updated.

Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.
Quote:
Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (not before).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 May 2012   #8

Windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lions12 View Post
Sorry I was away for a day. Here's the minidump files.
Now that Eset is gone we are making some progress. You have a known cause of BSOD's. Called asacpi.sys, yours is from 2005 and needs to be updated.

Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.
Quote:
Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (not before).
asacpi.sys says 5/14/2009 now
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 May 2012   #9

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

If you are still crashing please upload the new DMP files.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 May 2012   #10

Windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

BSOD again, here's the new minidump files.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD while playing games and irql less than or equal error





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD while playing games and irql less than or equal error
Thread Forum
BSOD playing WOT, Driver IRQL not less or equal BSOD Help and Support
IRQL not less or equal BSOD while playing GTA IV BSOD Help and Support
BSOD, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, often while playing games. BSOD Help and Support
BSOD (IRQL Not less or Equal) - Playing games, browsing internet BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing wow, IRQL not less or equal BSOD Help and Support
IRQL NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL bsod when playing games, watching movies. BSOD Help and Support
Bsod playing tdu2 driver irql less/equal d1 error BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33