Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: A series of recent BSODs, ntoskrnl.exe?

19 May 2012   #1

windows 7 home 64
 
 
A series of recent BSODs, ntoskrnl.exe?

Hey, not really sure what is at fault here, Had the computer for a while and the BSODs went away for a good while, or they were never really often. when they occurred it mainly felt like the computer had a bad start up or something but recently they have been occurring sometimes three times a day. please find the attached.

many thanks in advance.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 May 2012   #2

windows 7 home 64
 
 

just another thought, they dont seem to happen while i play games or do anything extensive like photoshop or anything, they seem to happen mainly when the system is idle, or as soon as i boot up and open google chrome.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 May 2012   #3

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zeekayare View Post
Hey, not really sure what is at fault here, Had the computer for a while and the BSODs went away for a good while, or they were never really often. when they occurred it mainly felt like the computer had a bad start up or something but recently they have been occurring sometimes three times a day. please find the attached.

many thanks in advance.

Related to mcdbus.sys MagicISO SCSI Host Controller from MagicISO, Inc. I would remove it at least to test. Yours is from 2009 and after testing an update might fix it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


19 May 2012   #4

windows 7 home 64
 
 

thanks, i will remove the program. do you think its safe to try and install an updated version straight away? or would it be best to see if that's the problem first?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 May 2012   #5

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zeekayare View Post
thanks, i will remove the program. do you think its safe to try and install an updated version straight away? or would it be best to see if that's the problem first?
Only one way to find out. Remove and replace. It couldnt hurt
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 May 2012   #6

windows 7 home 64
 
 

hey, I removed it and left the computer on overnight, did tests etc. everything seems to be ok, but now I am without a virtual drive program, know of any that are compatible with win 7?

either way thanks for solving this problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 May 2012   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zeekayare View Post
hey, I removed it and left the computer on overnight, did tests etc. everything seems to be ok, but now I am without a virtual drive program, know of any that are compatible with win 7?
Virtual CloneDrive

SlySoft Virtual CloneDrive
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 May 2012   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

I prefer TotalMounter as my CD/DVD virtualization software as it allows me to burn images to a virtual CD/DVD if I just want an ISO file instead of a disc, and it is free.

You could also try downloading the newest version of MagiciSO: MagicISO - Convert BIN to ISO, Create, Edit, Burn, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter/extractor/editor.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 A series of recent BSODs, ntoskrnl.exe?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: A series of recent BSODs, ntoskrnl.exe?
Thread Forum
Recent Bsods happening at random BSOD Help and Support
Recent BSOD ntoskrnl.exe seems to be the problem? BSOD Help and Support
Random BSODs ntoskrnl.exe+26ee0 & ntoskrnl.exe+5063dc BSOD Help and Support
Recent BSODs BSOD Help and Support
Recent BSODs BSOD Help and Support
Recent BSODs BSOD Help and Support
recent BSODs BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33