Hello everyone, Hopefully someone will be able to assist me in my current issue.
A couple months ago, I returned home to find my computer completely frozen. No BSOD, no mouse, nothing. Even pushing the num lock button on my board did nothing (The light on the keyboard didn't change). I had to shut it off by holding the switch, and once it turned back on, it was fine. It happened quite a few times after that, but yesterday was the worst. It occurred multiple times, once while browsing the internet, another time when I closed a movie I had been watching in VLC media player, and quite a few times while I was downloading a 64 Bit version of Windows, and quite a few times while I was trying to back up this computer to an external hard drive. I opened the computer to see if it was hot and it wasn't but it was very dusty. I cleaned it out and the problem still persists. The computer performance has not diminished at all, It will just freeze entirely at random points. I've done many virus scans and malware scans and none have come up with anything, I also used CCleaner to check the registry and fix the errors and it has not changed the problem either. Is this a piece of hardware going? Any info will help greatly.
Thank you very much for any help.
Is Windows 7 . . .
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 32-Bit
- the original installed OS on the system? Windows Vista. Clean install to Windows 7
- an OEM or full retail version? Vista was pre-installed, Windows 7 was Full Retail
- OEM = came pre-installed on system
- Full Retail = you purchased it from retailer
- What is the age of system (hardware)? 4-5 years old.
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) 3-4 years old