|25 May 2012||#1|
| || |
Occasional BSOD on Dell Inspiron 6400
Lately I have been getting BSOD on a old but reliable Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop. The BSOD message I get is "Driver Power State failure". It does not happen regularly or follow a pattern. It is random (but follows Murphy's law and happens when I have not saved an important document
Any help will be appreciated.
Perfmon.html and Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2.zip file is attached as a single .zip package.
|My System Specs|
|25 May 2012||#2|
| || |
No DMP included in upload try this method.
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
Please attach the DMP files to your next post not to post one.
If you are overclocking STOP
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. If empty (or non existent) please look in the following folders. C:\windows (the dmp should be called memory.dmp), and C:\windows\LiveKernelReports\Watchdog.
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Occasional BSOD on Dell Inspiron 6400|
|Dell Inspiron 6400 Microphone Problem!||Sound & Audio|
|dell inspiron 6400 drivers for win 7||Drivers|
|Installing WIN 7 on DELL INSPIRON 6400||Installation & Setup|
|Enabling bluetooth on Dell Inspiron 6400||Drivers|
|dell inspiron 6400 bluetooth problem||Drivers|
|Dell inspiron 6400||Drivers|
|Dell Inspiron 6400||Drivers|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 PM.