Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Unsolved BSOD Windows 7 (Driver-related)


01 Sep 2009   #1

Windows 7/Windows XP
 
 
Unsolved BSOD Windows 7 (Driver-related)

Hey folks, having a slight problem here that I'm hoping to get fixed.

For the past couple of weeks, I've been having a constant BSOD problem that hasn't been fixed, despite formatting and re-installing several times. It's definitely related to drivers, although I'm not sure which.

The biggest problem is, I can't pin down an exact time of when the BSOD will happen. It sometimes happens when I will hook up my external hard-drive, or when I try to boot up iTunes and listen to music. The thing is, it isn't 100% guaranteed that it'll crash when doing these things though, so I haven't been able to know for sure what the cause is.

I've fully updated drivers, and I update via DDL from the manufacturers websites for sound/video/motherboard drivers.

Here's a picture that I took with my camera of the BSOD. (Picture can be large, so had to upload to imageshack for a thumbnail)

Edit: Realized pic isn't loading correctly.

Direct link here: http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e7...0/P9010449.jpg


To be honest, I'm really not a software guy. Give me computer parts, and I can assemble the thing in 10 minutes, but tell me to identify a BSOD, and well...

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Sep 2009   #2

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

If it is drivers about all you can do is install one at a time and check for the problem after each. So many driver problem lately it's hard to nail down exactly which one it might be.

I've seen that Irq less or equal to a few times myself. That was a problem for me also when I moved to Windows 7 until I bumped up the northbridge voltage a bit.

Good luck with fixing this problem what ever it may be.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2009   #3

Windows 7/Windows XP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
If it is drivers about all you can do is install one at a time and check for the problem after each. So many driver problem lately it's hard to nail down exactly which one it might be.

I've seen that Irq less or equal to a few times myself. That was a problem for me also when I moved to Windows 7 until I bumped up the northbridge voltage a bit.

Good luck with fixing this problem what ever it may be.
Shoot, that'll be a huge pain in the butt, especially since I haven't been able to reproduce the bsod with 100% accuracy... >_>

Ah hell, I'll have to use it as a last resort, though was hoping the information in the BSOD could pinpoint the exact driver
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


02 Sep 2009   #4

XP_Pro, W7_7201, W7RC.vhd, SciLinux5.3, Fedora12, Fedora9_2x, OpenSolaris_09-06
 
 

Do you have a 'netr70.sys' lying around ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Sep 2009   #5

Windows 7/Windows XP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ChuckR View Post
Do you have a 'netr70.sys' lying around ?
Hmmmm, hadn't noticed that before, though I didn't really read the BSOD... looked like gibberish to me .

Plugging it into Google shows there's problems with the wireless adapter that I use. Bad compatibility with Vista which carries over to Windows 7?

Bah, don't tell me I'll need to buy a new adapter to fix the problem
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Sep 2009   #6

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMan View Post
Hmmmm, hadn't noticed that before, though I didn't really read the BSOD... looked like gibberish to me .

Plugging it into Google shows there's problems with the wireless adapter that I use. Bad compatibility with Vista which carries over to Windows 7?

Bah, don't tell me I'll need to buy a new adapter to fix the problem
I checked that one out earlier but there was nothing conclusive about how to fix it online.
Someone mentioned running a sfc/scannow at the command prompt and defragging the harddrive.

Another possible fix is to find the XP driver instead of the Vista one for the adaptor and try it out. Or maybe install the adaptor driver with Vista compatiblity mode. Fixed it for a couple people or so they say.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Sep 2009   #7

Windows 7/Windows XP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
I checked that one out earlier but there was nothing conclusive about how to fix it online.
Someone mentioned running a sfc/scannow at the command prompt and defragging the harddrive.

Another possible fix is to find the XP driver instead of the Vista one for the adaptor and try it out. Fixed it for a couple people or so they say.
I never could get the XP driver to actually work with Vista, but I'll give it another shot.

Ran sfc /scannow, and didn't find anything.

I'll run a defrag overnight and see if it helps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Sep 2009   #8

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMan View Post
I never could get the XP driver to actually work with Vista, but I'll give it another shot.

Ran sfc /scannow, and didn't find anything.

I'll run a defrag overnight and see if it helps.
Those were the only fixes posted for your problem but none of them seemed to be a sure thing. The bsod reports only show what crashed but not neccesarily what made it crash in the first place.

If it keeps up I would consider making some adjustments in bios to see if it changes anything.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Sep 2009   #9
Microsoft MVP

 
 

netr70.sys is likely related to your WUSB54g wireless adapter.
This can be:
- driver issues
- usb issues
- hardware issues.

This page ( random blue screens with netr70.sys (WUSB54G rev 4 adapter) - Wireless Adapters - Linksys Community Forums ) also suggests using the XP driver rather than the Vista driver. Have you installed it in Compatibility mode for ALL users, selecting "Run as Windows XP" and "Run as administrator"?

If this doesn't fix it, then you'll have to delve deeper. I'd suggest seeing if you have the same issues with a wired connection - or with another wireless adapter.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Sep 2009   #10

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Ralink 802.11 Wireless Adapters use the same Netr70.sys

Since you said it also happens with hooking up an external disk, I would suspect it's an USB controller problem.

Are you by any chance using an USB hub?

greetz

.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Unsolved BSOD Windows 7 (Driver-related)




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Unsolved BSOD Windows 7 (Driver-related)
Thread Forum
Random BSOD, likely driver related? BSOD Help and Support
Solved Random BSOD, Probably Display Driver Related BSOD Help and Support
BSOD 0x00000024 related to USB eLiscenser driver? BSOD Help and Support
BSOD related to Garmin USB driver? BSOD Help and Support
BSOD on shutdown, usb driver related BSOD Help and Support
Unsolved BSOD BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Crashes, driver related? BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33