Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD while playing max payne 3 or minecraft

03 Jun 2012   #11
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

The instructions only ask you to download one file (maybe two if you fill in your system specs).

I am sorry, but I do not have time to play 20 questions. I have far too many threads to handle at the moment in which those I am helping have followed instructions. Our crashes and debugging team is currently spread very thin. I will leave you to the new guy and hopefully he can help you with your problem.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 Jun 2012   #12
Bruhmis

windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ravinderthakur9 View Post
Also here are few solutions check then out,

1)Try installing Windows hot-fix The October 2009 stability and reliability update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 is available.
2)Disable C1E in BIOS
3)Disable any boost in BIOS (standard only)
thanks, I reset my BIOS to default so I don't think it's anything to do with that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jun 2012   #13
Bruhmis

windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
The instructions only ask you to download one file (maybe two if you fill in your system specs).

I am sorry, but I do not have time to play 20 questions. I have far too many threads to handle at the moment in which those I am helping have followed instructions. Our crashes and debugging team is currently spread very thin. I will leave you to the new guy and hopefully he can help you with your problem.
understandable I guess. the only thing I didn't do was a health check, most of the BSOD forums I've seen merely have a description of the problem and the .DMP files so I figured that would be enough. when your resources aren't so scarce I would be grateful if you could take a look at the .DMP files and see if they help at all.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Jun 2012   #14
carwiz

Windows 7 Pro-x64
 
 

I don't see the dump files. What dump files? You don't even state the bugcheck code.

If you want assistance with the problem, please provide the requested information. Without it, no one can help. It just leads to guessing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jun 2012   #15
Bruhmis

windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by carwiz View Post
I don't see the dump files. What dump files? You don't even state the bugcheck code.

If you want assistance with the problem, please provide the requested information. Without it, no one can help. It just leads to guessing.
ok I figured out what was happening, those .DMP files are definitely there now. I don't know what the error code is and I don't know how to check apart from playing multiplayer until my PC crashes again and I figured all of that information would be in the .DMPs that were SUPPOSED to be there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jun 2012   #16
carwiz

Windows 7 Pro-x64
 
 

The bugcheck code WOULD be shown had the dump file been present. It was not when I looked.

You seem to be getting address errors from several drivers, applications and services. This could be a faulty memory module and/or files.

Start by running Memtest86+ . If no errors, then go to the next step otherwise follow Step 3 and report back.

Run sfc /scannow. Use Option 2. Follow the instruction for running multiple times if it finds errors.

You also have some drivers that are suspect for causing problems but check memory and sys files for now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2012   #17
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bruhmis View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with the full crash reports. We can analyze the .dmp files, and we usually find things that automated BSOD software will not.
I did read it and found it a bit unreasonable but I attached the 3 latest .DMP files. the reason I didn't include the error report in the actual thread is because I couldn't figure out how to open a .DMP file and I was instructed to just attach the file itself anyway.
Can you post the full crash reports?
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

There is a lot of useful information that we need to analyze the cause of your crashes.

It won't take you very long, and will speed up the process and get you back to gaming quicker.

Let us know if you have any questions about the requested files.
The sooner you upload them the sooner we can get started.

Summary of crashes
Code:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
Usual causes:  System service, Device driver, graphics driver, ?memory
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x3B_win32k!xxxCreateWindowEx+3f0
This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
Usual causes:  Insufficient disk space, Device driver, Video card, BIOS, Breakpoint with no debugger attached, Hardware incompatibility, Faulty system service, Memory, 3rd party remote control,
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x7E_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE
Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help identify the device or driver that is causing bug check 0x7E.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INTERRUPT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (3d)
Usual causes: Device driver, Video card, BIOS, Memory,
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME:  MaxPayne3.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x3D_nt!SwapContext_PatchXSave+46
This bug check appears very infrequently.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
FAULTING_IP: atikmpag+a9d3
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x3B_atikmpag+a9d3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
Usual causes:  Insufficient disk space, Device driver, Video card, BIOS, Breakpoint with no debugger attached, Hardware incompatibility, Faulty system service, Memory, 3rd party remote control,
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x7E_dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::ReferenceAllocationForPreparation+2b
Followup: MachineOwner
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you can see these crash dumps only help us know what to look for, the other files in the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html are where we need to look.


Drivers that need to be updated:
ASACPI ASACPI.sys Mon Mar 28 10:30:36 2005
GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 20:17:04 2009 - CD-ROM Class Filter Driver by Gear Software Also comes with iTunes
hamachi.sys Thu Feb 19 18:36:41 2009 - LogMeIn Hamachi Virtual network interface driver
nvm62x64.sys Sat Oct 18 05:01:06 2008 - nVidia Ethernet Networking Driver (nForce chipset driver)
SI3132.sys Thu Oct 04 02:39:29 2007 - Silicon Image driver
SiRemFil.sys Thu Jun 21 03:42:10 2007 - Silicon Image driver
SiWinAcc.sys Fri Jun 15 08:02:02 2007 - Silicon Image driver - comes with package for the SIxxxx drivers
sptd.sys Wed Jan 04 08:01:58 2012 - SCSI Pass Through Direct Host - Daemon Tools (known issues with Win7)

Un-install iTunes for testing purposes, this is known to cause crashes in Win7.
Update or un-install Log Me In.
Check you motherboard site for an updated driver for the nForce chipset, this one is out of date and not compatible with Win7.
Update Silicon Image drivers.
Un-install Daemon tools, this is known to cause crashes.


Run memtest86+ and the SFC command as recommended by carwiz.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2012   #18
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

Bruhmis,

SevenForums has helped literally tens of thousands with Blue Screen problems.

Based upon the experience and judgement of some outstanding contributors with many decades of experience and numerous MVP awards,
the instructions in Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
were developed.

Are you afraid to comply? Are you simply stubborn?

I ask the questions that are on the mind of our experts. They have far greater social graces than I have and are not as direct.

If you want help, then your cooperation is required.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2012   #19
Bruhmis

windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bruhmis View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with the full crash reports. We can analyze the .dmp files, and we usually find things that automated BSOD software will not.
I did read it and found it a bit unreasonable but I attached the 3 latest .DMP files. the reason I didn't include the error report in the actual thread is because I couldn't figure out how to open a .DMP file and I was instructed to just attach the file itself anyway.
Can you post the full crash reports?
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

There is a lot of useful information that we need to analyze the cause of your crashes.

It won't take you very long, and will speed up the process and get you back to gaming quicker.

Let us know if you have any questions about the requested files.
The sooner you upload them the sooner we can get started.

Summary of crashes
Code:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
Usual causes:  System service, Device driver, graphics driver, ?memory
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x3B_win32k!xxxCreateWindowEx+3f0
This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
Usual causes:  Insufficient disk space, Device driver, Video card, BIOS, Breakpoint with no debugger attached, Hardware incompatibility, Faulty system service, Memory, 3rd party remote control,
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x7E_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE
Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help identify the device or driver that is causing bug check 0x7E.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INTERRUPT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (3d)
Usual causes: Device driver, Video card, BIOS, Memory,
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME:  MaxPayne3.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x3D_nt!SwapContext_PatchXSave+46
This bug check appears very infrequently.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
FAULTING_IP: atikmpag+a9d3
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x3B_atikmpag+a9d3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
Usual causes:  Insufficient disk space, Device driver, Video card, BIOS, Breakpoint with no debugger attached, Hardware incompatibility, Faulty system service, Memory, 3rd party remote control,
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x7E_dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::ReferenceAllocationForPreparation+2b
Followup: MachineOwner
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you can see these crash dumps only help us know what to look for, the other files in the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html are where we need to look.


Drivers that need to be updated:
ASACPI ASACPI.sys Mon Mar 28 10:30:36 2005
GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 20:17:04 2009 - CD-ROM Class Filter Driver by Gear Software Also comes with iTunes
hamachi.sys Thu Feb 19 18:36:41 2009 - LogMeIn Hamachi Virtual network interface driver
nvm62x64.sys Sat Oct 18 05:01:06 2008 - nVidia Ethernet Networking Driver (nForce chipset driver)
SI3132.sys Thu Oct 04 02:39:29 2007 - Silicon Image driver
SiRemFil.sys Thu Jun 21 03:42:10 2007 - Silicon Image driver
SiWinAcc.sys Fri Jun 15 08:02:02 2007 - Silicon Image driver - comes with package for the SIxxxx drivers
sptd.sys Wed Jan 04 08:01:58 2012 - SCSI Pass Through Direct Host - Daemon Tools (known issues with Win7)

Un-install iTunes for testing purposes, this is known to cause crashes in Win7.
Update or un-install Log Me In.
Check you motherboard site for an updated driver for the nForce chipset, this one is out of date and not compatible with Win7.
Update Silicon Image drivers.
Un-install Daemon tools, this is known to cause crashes.


Run memtest86+ and the SFC command as recommended by carwiz.
I attempted to follow the instructions for BSOD threads but the first one (BSOD dump and system file collection) had no link and just told me to put my .DMP files in a different folder. the second one instructed me to type ''perform /report'' in the start menu which returned no results and I tried it in command prompt too which again returned no results. I don't know what you mean by full crash reports so can you tell me where they are and how to post them. I ran memtest through the night and now I'm running sfc scannow. I'll try to update the drivers you mentioned but I want to save uninstalling everything as a last resort.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2012   #20
Bruhmis

windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by karlsnooks View Post
Bruhmis,

SevenForums has helped literally tens of thousands with Blue Screen problems.

Based upon the experience and judgement of some outstanding contributors with many decades of experience and numerous MVP awards,
the instructions in Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
were developed.

Are you afraid to comply? Are you simply stubborn?

I ask the questions that are on the mind of our experts. They have far greater social graces than I have and are not as direct.

If you want help, then your cooperation is required.
I'm trying to cooperate as much as I can. the instructions tell me to do 2 things that have no results or effect, I did them anyway but they're not going to help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD while playing max payne 3 or minecraft




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD playing Minecraft and ...nothing.
Hello. I just bought this PC a few days ago and it randomly crashes, sometimes when I am playing FTB Monster, and sometimes when I am doing nothing at all. I noticed something about an ATI driver and tried to update the driver, but it says it is already updated. Thanks for taking a look at this...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing Max Payne 3
Hi guys, need help, been getting BSODs whenever I play Max Payne 3. Please help? I read that this hal.dll is caused by applications not being compatible with each other or ram problems but I ran memtest and doesnt show any errors. Bug check code = 0x00000124 Parameter 1 = 00000000`00000000...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD when playing certain high-ended graphic games like Max Payne 3
Hi there, I'm using Windows 7 professional x64 bit (Full Retail Version) on Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz 2.79GHz Ram: 4 GB The original windows is windows xp The system hardware is almost three years old!!!
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD while playing Max Payne 3 not sure what to do to trouble shoot
I have recently been receiving BSOD's while playing Max Payne 3. I think it might be my gpu, but am not sure how to correctly decipher the .dmp files. My system is as follows: Windows 7 Ultimate x64-retail CPU: Q6600 at 3.0 Ghz. Stable for over 6 months GPU: Asus ENGTX 460 DirectCU, OCed but...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing Max Payne 3
I installed max payne 3 on my rig and i strtd getting the blue screen and the computer wld restrt.Im enclosing my perform reports. I hope u cn help
Gaming
BSOD when playing most games like Counter-Strike: Source and Max Payne
Hi I recently installed a Asus Xonar DG sound card last week and I am pretty sure that is when the BSODs started to happen. In BlueScreenView I see cmudaxp.sys and ntoskynl.exe. I tried the following already: -flashed mobo to latest bios -installed latest AMD graphics card drivers...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:47.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App