I also use WhoCrashed and got the same error about ntoskrnl.exe
On Sat 23-06-2012 20:21:45 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\062312-26535-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7F190)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.
I also checked my C: drice with chkdsk and performed a memory diagnostic and both were fine.
This is not the first that i had. It's probably the 7th. it started today at 1:00PM (13:00 here in Europe) and all happened today (of course...). I noticed that almost all of them happened after i ended some processes i didnt needed running because i was going to defragment after that.
Most of these processes, I end before gaming for maximum performance... These are the ones i remember:
- Acmon.exe (Splendid utility from asus)
- ATKOSD2.exe, DMedia.exe, HControl.exe, WDC.exe (Asus ATK Hotkey Package)
- ACEngSvr Module (i think i didnt always end this process)
- DTShellHelper.exe (Daemon Tools)
- FspUip.exe (asus mouse pad)
- FLxHCIm.exe (Fresco Logic)
- TeaTimer.exe (spybot)
- jusched.exe (java update)
- hid.exe and tray.exe (asus mouse)
- baterylife.exe (asus Power4Gear Hybrid)
- nvtray.exe (nvidia settings)
My WhoCrasher didnt found any specific driver because in the other +/-6 times, there was no dump created.
Do you think I should try the "verifier.exe" thing. How should i do it?
Help please!!! Thanks in advance.