Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Blue screen crash, error 0x00000034

27 Jun 2012   #1
dandeliondream

windows 7
 
 
Blue screen crash, error 0x00000034

How do i resolve this problem?

My computer will crash (blue screen) normally around 4:50pm every day.

Pls advise.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 18441
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 34
BCP1: 00000000000018BC
BCP2: FFFFFFFFC0000420
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x64 ?
- OEM = came pre-installed on system
- What is the age of system (hardware)? less than 1 mths
- What is the age of OS installation: not sure


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
27 Jun 2012   #2
FredeGail

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: x64 (SP1)
 
 

Hello dandeliondream and welcome to Sevenforums.

BSOD Analyse

Do you have any sort of iPod, DVD in tray, or your cellphone plugged into your computer? Your systeminfo reports that the computer boots from Volume 2, is this the correct disk that contains Windows? Windows might try to boot to another device.

At boot, try pressing Delete, Tab, or F12. | Find Boot Priority | Put the correct drive containing Windows on top | Save, and Reboot.

Eject any DVD or CD in your CD-ROM Tray.

Code:
7: kd> lmvm cdrom
start             end                 module name
fffff880`04e13000 fffff880`04e3d000   cdrom      (pdb symbols)          c:\symbols\cdrom.pdb\389C1BC82B5647ECB114A4F071ECA8B41\cdrom.pdb
    Loaded symbol image file: cdrom.sys
    Mapped memory image file: c:\symbols\cdrom.sys\4CE792982a000\cdrom.sys
    Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys
    Image name: cdrom.sys
    Timestamp:        Sat Nov 20 10:19:20 2010 (4CE79298)
    CheckSum:         0002B742
    ImageSize:        0002A000
    File version:     6.1.7601.17514
    Product version:  6.1.7601.17514
    File flags:       0 (Mask 3F)
    File OS:          40004 NT Win32
    File type:        3.7 Driver
    File date:        00000000.00000000
    Translations:     0000.04b0
    CompanyName:      Microsoft Corporation
Command

We usually ask people to do this command to check if Windows is corrupted. It's the most common used one to check if the Windows files are corrupted. If it'll find errors, it'll restore them.
Tip   Tip
If you're having a custom customization layer on your Aero, it's likely to get restored to default.


Press Start | search 'cmd' | Right-click it
| open as Admin | type SFC /SCANNOW

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Probably Caused By line- Summery
Code:
BugCheck 50, {fffffffffffffff8, 0, fffffa800eaffdb0, 0}
Could not read faulting driver name
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : cdrom.sys ( cdrom!DeviceSendSrbSynchronously+568 )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 50, {fffffffffffffff8, 0, fffffa800eaffdb0, 0}
Could not read faulting driver name
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : cdrom.sys ( cdrom!DeviceSendSrbSynchronously+568 )
Also ensure the cables running to the CD-Rom player, is installed correctly. There should be two cables; from the motherboard and from the PSU running to the player.

Best Regards,
Frederik.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jun 2012   #3
dandeliondream

windows 7
 
 

Dear FredeGail,

I've entered the boot sequence and found the 1st option is booting from drive 0 HDD that is correct. My OS is in there.

Also, there is nothing in my CD-ROM drive. However, I do have a USB hub multicard reader and writer plugged in on one of my USB ports.

I have also run the SFC /SCANNOW. Verification 100% complete and the message is 'Windows resource protector did not find any integrity violation.'

I do not know what went wrong.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FredeGail View Post
Hello dandeliondream and welcome to Sevenforums.

BSOD Analyse

Do you have any sort of iPod, DVD in tray, or your cellphone plugged into your computer? Your systeminfo reports that the computer boots from Volume 2, is this the correct disk that contains Windows? Windows might try to boot to another device.

At boot, try pressing Delete, Tab, or F12. | Find Boot Priority | Put the correct drive containing Windows on top | Save, and Reboot.

Eject any DVD or CD in your CD-ROM Tray.

Code:
7: kd> lmvm cdrom
start             end                 module name
fffff880`04e13000 fffff880`04e3d000   cdrom      (pdb symbols)          c:\symbols\cdrom.pdb\389C1BC82B5647ECB114A4F071ECA8B41\cdrom.pdb
    Loaded symbol image file: cdrom.sys
    Mapped memory image file: c:\symbols\cdrom.sys\4CE792982a000\cdrom.sys
    Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys
    Image name: cdrom.sys
    Timestamp:        Sat Nov 20 10:19:20 2010 (4CE79298)
    CheckSum:         0002B742
    ImageSize:        0002A000
    File version:     6.1.7601.17514
    Product version:  6.1.7601.17514
    File flags:       0 (Mask 3F)
    File OS:          40004 NT Win32
    File type:        3.7 Driver
    File date:        00000000.00000000
    Translations:     0000.04b0
    CompanyName:      Microsoft Corporation
Command

We usually ask people to do this command to check if Windows is corrupted. It's the most common used one to check if the Windows files are corrupted. If it'll find errors, it'll restore them.
Tip   Tip
If you're having a custom customization layer on your Aero, it's likely to get restored to default.


Press Start | search 'cmd' | Right-click it
| open as Admin | type SFC /SCANNOW

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Probably Caused By line- Summery
Code:
BugCheck 50, {fffffffffffffff8, 0, fffffa800eaffdb0, 0}
Could not read faulting driver name
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : cdrom.sys ( cdrom!DeviceSendSrbSynchronously+568 )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 50, {fffffffffffffff8, 0, fffffa800eaffdb0, 0}
Could not read faulting driver name
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : cdrom.sys ( cdrom!DeviceSendSrbSynchronously+568 )
Also ensure the cables running to the CD-Rom player, is installed correctly. There should be two cables; from the motherboard and from the PSU running to the player.

Best Regards,
Frederik.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Jun 2012   #4
FredeGail

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: x64 (SP1)
 
 

Thank you for your input.

Please open your case and plug all the cables out of your CD-player and see if it's any help. Afterwards, use your computer as you're used to and see if a BSOD will appear.

Best Regards,
Frederik.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2012   #5
dandeliondream

windows 7
 
 

Hi FredeGail,

I am using a notebook so it is very diffcult for me. Is there any other suggestion?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FredeGail View Post
Thank you for your input.

Please open your case and plug all the cables out of your CD-player and see if it's any help. Afterwards, use your computer as you're used to and see if a BSOD will appear.

Best Regards,
Frederik.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2012   #6
FredeGail

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: x64 (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dandeliondream View Post
Hi FredeGail,

I am using a notebook so it is very diffcult for me. Is there any other suggestion?
Make your way to your computer manufacturers website, and find drivers for things like the CD-player. There might be something.

Best Regards,
Frederik.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2012   #7
dandeliondream

windows 7
 
 

ok, i'll try. thank you for your help.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FredeGail View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dandeliondream View Post
Hi FredeGail,

I am using a notebook so it is very diffcult for me. Is there any other suggestion?
Make your way to your computer manufacturers website, and find drivers for things like the CD-player. There might be something.

Best Regards,
Frederik.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2012   #8
FredeGail

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: x64 (SP1)
 
 

Also ensure all the chipset drivers as well as the controller drivers etc. is installed. The chipset might be a good place to upgrade if you haven't already.

Best Regards,
Frederik.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2012   #9
dandeliondream

windows 7
 
 

My notebook seems to be working properly these few days after installing the latest chipset driver.
Hopefully, it will continue to be working fine.
Thank you for your help.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FredeGail View Post
Also ensure all the chipset drivers as well as the controller drivers etc. is installed. The chipset might be a good place to upgrade if you haven't already.

Best Regards,
Frederik.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2012   #10
FredeGail

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: x64 (SP1)
 
 

Sounds very sweet.
Usually if you don't have the chipset packages, things will be messed up.

You're certainly welcome, return here if you're experiencing any other BSOD- it'll gladly analyse them.

Best Regards,
Frederik.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Blue screen crash, error 0x00000034




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Blue Screen Crash, Error Kernal Power 41(63)
Every so often my computer crashes out with a debug error and I am struggling to find where the issue is coming from. Over the past few weeks I have tested my RAM which came out clean re-seated the CPU, power cables, graphic cards, tried with one or both graphic cards, have the most up to date...
BSOD Help and Support
Windows Update error 780 - leading to Blue Screen Crash
Hi Team, I am unable to update my windows 7 64bit home premium, due to the above error mentioned. Went through the steps of help below, but I cannot find SQL Server VSS Writer program installed in my system, please let me know where to find this program to download and install it. Due to this...
Windows Updates & Activation
system crash during game play & blue screen error after sleep
My system keeping force closing full screen video games like GTA SANANDREAS, and often showing blue screen error or putting the system into freeze stage such that i was not able to use even alt + Ctrl + delete to get into the security screen. System also showing the blue screen error page after...
BSOD Help and Support
BOSD playing SW:TOR, error 0x00000034
Seems to be random, I've gotta a few BSODs over the past few days. I installed new memory a friend gave me 2 weeks ago. Windows 7 x64 Full-Retail System Hardware: 1-2 years old (Replacing as I go) OS installed ~ 2 years ago
BSOD Help and Support
Unable to load image ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 0n2 - Blue Screen Crash
My computer is not even a week old, and I am getting this problem. I have Windows 7 Home Premium. Eight times out of ten, when my computer enters sleep mode, it crashes like in the middle of the night when it is idle. I never get to catch the blue screen but the crash dump file reports it....
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:44.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App