I have 2 hard drives in my computer, one with the OS and programs on it, and a second drive just for storage (videos and such, no programs).
Recently my second hard drive has started having problems (bad sectors), so I recovered all the data I could and am going to RMA it. The second hard drive is basically dead: it has gotten to the point where it does not even show up in My Computer and doesn't seem to show up in Device Manager either.
However, whenever I remove the failing second hard drive (unplug power and SATA connection to motherboard) and try to boot up my computer, I get a BSOD, and cannot boot.
If I plug the failing second hard drive back in, the computer boots fine.
How can I fix this so I can remove the failing hard drive?
- the perfmon report is attached in the zip file
- the BSOD dump/system file collection app's results are attached in the zip file
- the main hard drive (the one that works) is from 2009, the rest of the computer's parts (including the dead hard drive) are from 2010
- the OS was NOT pre-installed, I installed it myself
- this is not the first OS installed, I installed an OS once in 2009, and again in 2010 (current installation)
- both times I installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Thanks in advance for your help.