Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Computer freezes multiply times on start up, requires hard reboot

20 Jul 2012   #21
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Upload the full crash files.
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Download and run OCCT, it will generate some graphs if it crashes or if it passes.
Post these graphs in your next post.
Run the CPU:OCCT test for 30 minutes.

Read the below link, ask any questions you may have about updating your BIOS, this may end up being suggested.
A bad BIOS flash can cause your motherboard to become un-useable.
Your 0316 BIOS version date doesn't match the Asus site BIOS date: Asus M4A77TD BIOS
This usually means that BIOS version has been changed.
There are 6 newer BIOS versions listed, a couple have 'Improve system stability' in the description.

Ask any questions before you update your BIOS.
EZ Flash 2 – the best, the safest and the most convenient way to update BIOS.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
20 Jul 2012   #22
cedsays

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
Upload the full crash files.
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Download and run OCCT, it will generate some graphs if it crashes or if it passes.
Post these graphs in your next post.
Run the CPU:OCCT test for 30 minutes.

Read the below link, ask any questions you may have about updating your BIOS, this may end up being suggested.
A bad BIOS flash can cause your motherboard to become un-useable.
Your 0316 BIOS version date doesn't match the Asus site BIOS date: Asus M4A77TD BIOS
This usually means that BIOS version has been changed.
There are 6 newer BIOS versions listed, a couple have 'Improve system stability' in the description.

Ask any questions before you update your BIOS.
EZ Flash 2 – the best, the safest and the most convenient way to update BIOS.
All there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jul 2012   #23
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Good information.

Your crash was: STOP 0x0000003B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Usual causes: System service, Device driver, graphics driver, ?memory
Code:
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
PROCESS_NAME:  DroidExplorer.
IMAGE_NAME:  memory_corruption
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x3B_nt!MiFindNodeOrParent+e
Run memtest86+, again for another 7 full passes, best to run overnight.
I know you have ran it already, sometimes you need to run it a few times to be sure the RAM is ok.
This crash is indicating a RAM issue.

I see several issues.
Your CPU voltage is at 1.312v and is fluctuating a bit.
Are you overclocking?
If you are, return all BIOS setting to default.

AMD Athlon™ II X4
Max Temps: 71°C
Yours is running at 48°C, which is good.

The PSU is questionable.
Your +3.3v and +12v rails are not as smooth as they should be.

You still have out dated ASACPI and AsIO drivers.
Un-install all Asus Utilities, these are known to cause crashes, for testing purposes.
After the system is stable you can re-install them one by one, checking for stability as you go.

Download and run Seatools on your HDD.
How to use SeaTools for Windows
Short Drive Self Test and Long Drive Self Test.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Jul 2012   #24
cedsays

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
Good information.

Your crash was: STOP 0x0000003B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Usual causes: System service, Device driver, graphics driver, ?memory
Code:
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
PROCESS_NAME:  DroidExplorer.
IMAGE_NAME:  memory_corruption
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x3B_nt!MiFindNodeOrParent+e
Run memtest86+, again for another 7 full passes, best to run overnight.
I know you have ran it already, sometimes you need to run it a few times to be sure the RAM is ok.
This crash is indicating a RAM issue.

I see several issues.
Your CPU voltage is at 1.312v and is fluctuating a bit.
Are you overclocking?
If you are, return all BIOS setting to default.

AMD Athlon™ II X4
Max Temps: 71°C
Yours is running at 48°C, which is good.

The PSU is questionable.
Your +3.3v and +12v rails are not as smooth as they should be.

You still have out dated ASACPI and AsIO drivers.
Un-install all Asus Utilities, these are known to cause crashes, for testing purposes.
After the system is stable you can re-install them one by one, checking for stability as you go.

Download and run Seatools on your HDD.
How to use SeaTools for Windows
Short Drive Self Test and Long Drive Self Test.
Just ran memtest overnight 7 passes no errors.
I also ran seatools and everything pased.
I'm not overclocking and my bios setting are

Make sure the DRAM frequency is still set to 1333MHz.
BIOS -> Advanced -> JumperFree Configuration -> DRAM Frequency -> Manual -> [1333 MHz]

In your BIOS: Advanced tab > Jumper Free Configuration >
Set these to Manual:
Set your VDD Over Voltage to 1.20v. Pg 2-10
Memory Over Voltage to 1.55v. Pg 2-12
DRAM Timing/Driving Configuration, set the first four timings to 9-9-9-25, leave the rest on 'Auto'.

as told by Dave
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2012   #25
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Good news that the tests passed.

Did you run the Seatools Long Drive Self Test?

Due to the fluctuating CPU Vcore voltage I suggest you update your BIOS.
Attachment 222909

Read the below link, ask any questions you may have about updating your BIOS.
A bad BIOS flash can cause your motherboard to become un-useable.
Your 0316 BIOS version date doesn't match the Asus site BIOS date: Asus M4A77TD BIOS
This usually means that BIOS version has been changed.
There are 6 newer BIOS versions listed, a couple have 'Improve system stability' in the description.

Ask any questions before you update your BIOS.
EZ Flash 2 – the best, the safest and the most convenient way to update BIOS.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2012   #26
cedsays

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
Good news that the tests passed.

Did you run the Seatools Long Drive Self Test?

Due to the fluctuating CPU Vcore voltage I suggest you update your BIOS.
Attachment 222909

Read the below link, ask any questions you may have about updating your BIOS.
A bad BIOS flash can cause your motherboard to become un-useable.
Your 0316 BIOS version date doesn't match the Asus site BIOS date: Asus M4A77TD BIOS
This usually means that BIOS version has been changed.
There are 6 newer BIOS versions listed, a couple have 'Improve system stability' in the description.

Ask any questions before you update your BIOS.
EZ Flash 2 – the best, the safest and the most convenient way to update BIOS.
So..I've been kinda scared about updating my bios but it's been done and I think it's correct. Once the computer rebooted i did get BSOD...rebooted again and nothing has happened so far.

Pre flash.. I play a game called league of legends and i had 300 ping all game, about 20mins into the game my computer froze and had to reboot. Not sure if this should be mentioned not not.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jul 2012   #27
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Good news, that it's more stable.

Your latest BIOS is version 2104.
There is one update that 'Improve system stability'.

If you have any more crashes update to that BIOS version.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jul 2012   #28
cedsays

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
Good news, that it's more stable.

Your latest BIOS is version 2104.
There is one update that 'Improve system stability'.

If you have any more crashes update to that BIOS version.
Maybe I should do that. My PC froze on startup again. Usually does once or twice.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2012   #29
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Update the BIOS to 2104.

If that doesn't fix the issues we can explore a bit more.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2012   #30
cedsays

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
Update the BIOS to 2104.

If that doesn't fix the issues we can explore a bit more.
I did last night before i went to bed. Computer froze twice this morning after about 3-5mins of being on.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Computer freezes multiply times on start up, requires hard reboot




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
New Computer freezes at random times. No BSOD, no reboot.
Hello. I bought a new computer and it freezes at random times. It happens 1-5 times / day and it's really annonying. It does not reboot, there is no BSOD, it just freezes. Before reinstalling windows, it used to show some BSOD. I got just 1 BSOD after reinstalling windows. I attached some logs....
BSOD Help and Support
New Custom Computer, Random Hard Freezes, requiring cold reboot.
Brand new custom computer running windows 7 64 pro with SP1. I installed the Os, and drivers from the Asus motherboard disk, on the first day I got it, and from the 2nd day the computer started having random freezes that vary from 1-3 times per day. The first time was while watching a...
General Discussion
BSOD now occuring 3+ times daily - computer illiterature requires help
I am not confidant that I posess the skills, vocabulary or knowledge needed to participate in this forum however this random shut down problem has become so regular that I require some assistance. Essentially it feels like every time I leave the computer unattended for more than an hour or two I...
BSOD Help and Support
Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot
Ok, so I am going to try to explain this as thorougly as possible while trying not to sound like an idiot in the process. I am by no means computer savvy so anyone that has any advice will more than likely need to talk to me like a 5th grader. I am ok with that. Since installing a Windows Update...
BSOD Help and Support
Computer freezes, hard reboot
Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1044 Extra information about the problem BCCode: 117
BSOD Help and Support
Windows 7 ro 64 Freezes requires hard reset
Hi I have a problem which has gotten worse over the last few days. I have a dell 730 xps with water cooling, the water cooling fan went out causing over heating and shut downs. I have a dual boot setup with 2-500 gig hard drives, Vista 32 Ulti and Win 7 Pro 64. I have a qx9650 extreme chip and 2...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:28.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App