First time user of this forum, but I am glad this place exists and people like you volunteer.
The first legitimate blue screen happened. I downloaded some updates and did some casual web browsing when something that may very well be a virus took over Firefox. Instead of telling you a story i'll leave some bullet points of information.
- Clicking links on google results redirects to random fake tube sites with Emma Watson and weird shopping sites.
- Employed a system restore to a previous date
- System restore removed a Microsoft Essentials Update which rendered mouse and keyboard useless
- Able to restore to current date and retain keyboard function
- Computer fine in Safe Mode
- In regular mode, BSOD within 2-5 minutes.
The BSOD have various numbers that are different each time it happens, but this is an earlier notification.
0x0000008e (0x0000005, 0x83798487, 0x89FEB754, 0x00000000)
ataport.sys address 83798487 base at 83792000 datastamp 4ce788e8
a couple times after...
0x0000008E (0x00000005, 0x837c1487, 0xAEBDB754, 0x00000000)
ataport.sys address 837c1487 base at 837BB000 same datastamp
I have run the sevenforum.exe and posted it. I want to try running virus scans soon and get a hijackthis log for someone to read.
This is all happening on another computer because internet use on the affected laptop is possible but the amount of time on it is limited until a BSOD occurs.
I am sure I have left information out, so please ask and I can attempt to provide it.
I was about to start looking for another laptop, hopefully I don't have to spend money.
I APPRECIATE the help.