Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: I've had many different BSODs randomly, and I'm at wit's end.

03 Aug 2012   #11
HonorGamer

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by centaur78 View Post
Never give up me hearties !!!

Post the eventviewer logs for system and application

Will cook up some solution for you
Event viewer logs are in the Seven Forums.zip file. Named: EventSys.txt

-Justin


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 Aug 2012   #12
centaur78

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HonorGamer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by centaur78 View Post
Never give up me hearties !!!

Post the eventviewer logs for system and application

Will cook up some solution for you
Event viewer logs are in the Seven Forums.zip file. Named: EventSys.txt

-Justin
Thanks Honor... those are the old ones... he just had a BSOD and i need to the latest list...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2012   #13
HonorGamer

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by centaur78 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HonorGamer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by centaur78 View Post
Never give up me hearties !!!

Post the eventviewer logs for system and application

Will cook up some solution for you
Event viewer logs are in the Seven Forums.zip file. Named: EventSys.txt

-Justin
Thanks Honor... those are the old ones... he just had a BSOD and i need to the latest list...
I seen that now. I apologize. But yes the latest will help determine the problem so much easier.

-Justin
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Aug 2012   #14
Drakon

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1
 
 

Enjoy, Centaur.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2012   #15
centaur78

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

hmm you did mention that the AMD Fuel service was disabled.... but for some reason .... during the time of the freeze .... This service had started...

Darkon could you use Autoruns and look into specifically the logon and service sections..., see if the service is till on

Better still ..... uninstalll all the ATI related Softwares from Add remove Programs... As the latest ATI display drivers are at version 12.6... and one that you are using is 8.9. Go here to get the latest . Install these... and let me know if it freezes..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2012   #16
Drakon

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1
 
 

So far, so good. Also seems to be helping the overheating. But it's only been a few hours. Let's see how it handles further on down the line. I'll keep you updated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2012   #17
Drakon

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1
 
 

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppppppp, not so much the overheating.

Before installing Speedfan, I had already installed CoreTemp to measure the temperature there. And look what I found.



Before I got to shut it down, it apparently spiked to 201 at one point. And again, I could feel the heat radiating from the machine itself.

And in case this helps any...

My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2012   #18
centaur78

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Holy smokes !!!!!

The Tjmax is the junction Temperature ...meaning ,,, thats the maximum temperature the hottest part of the processor core should not exceed.... Temps like 210 !!!!! would reduce the life of your processor in the long run.

You can use Speccy or speedfan to see the temps for other peripherals like harddrive, graphics card and the processor. This should give an idea of which zone of your computer show high temp..... most probable would be dust build op in those area

anyways if you can remove the side cover... use a vaccum to blow the dust out.....

Get extra fans put in if possible
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2012   #19
Drakon

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1
 
 

Yeah, I know - crazy right? Please keep in mind that I'm not trying to run it that hot for obvious reasons, nor am I overclocking in any way. I've been keeping the machine dust free (and me nor the wife smoke, so that's not adding anything either). The side furthest from the motherboard is made of mesh, so it's pretty well ventilated in that regard, however I still have a fan blowing on it on a regular basis. The side closes to the motherboard (especially in relation to the processor, obviously) is where it gets really hot to the touch, even though there is ventilation on the top and on the bottom, as well as the entire mesh side.

Funny story - I've installed both of those (I used Speedfan for years on my XP machine), and when I tried to run Speedfan, it would not load for me at all. It would go to "not responding" and then just sit there. Speccy just crashed my PC (ironically enough, while I was typing this same error message to point out that my PC had crashed just minutes before).

One thing of note, however is that this machine, if you purchase the default LAN WARRIOR II on iBuyPower, it comes "default" with Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ 92mm Radiator [AMD] as the cooling system. Since I've heard horror stories before, and I have no desire to gamble, I went with the Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink, which, in all honestly, if I can get this thing to stay on a decent amount of time, I would be more than happy to drop for an after-market piece, and some extra fans (instead of my brand new bedside fan cooling my PC instead of me).

With the temperature spiking that high almost out of nowhere, this is why I still want to RMA the machine - last thing I want or need is a $1000 paperweight because the place I bought it from tries to say I screwed something up myself. Not that I don't appreciate your help, because I honestly do.


EDIT - Forgot the update with the new Event Viewer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2012   #20
centaur78

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

hmm

Well if it is under warranty... get it fixed by them....

But its beats me... since you say ... the inner's of the PC is clean or dustfree... and if the processor and heat sink's are installed properly.... you would rarely see... this kind of spike in temps even for a gaming machine.... and you didn't even overclock....or did they ???

Could you use CPUZ and tell me how may core does it show ??? Since your processor is 8 core... it should show 8 .

Your motherboard is an ASUS M5A88-M which has a feature Core Unlocker meaning 4 core CPU can be 6 Core if this is enabled. Let me know..

Since this is marketed as a gaming desktop... i am sure... there is some kind of overclocking thats done .....

Asus site does have certain utilities for overclocking the system.... check them out and let me know what you see there... post the screen shot
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 I've had many different BSODs randomly, and I'm at wit's end.




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSODs appear what seems randomly to me
Hey! I have been having issues with BSOD for a really long time now. To me the BSODs appear at random time intervals which have crazy. I have bought a new graphics card, new RAM and even a new network adapter (wireless connection). Buying new RAM sticks fixed a power-saving mode problem that I had...
BSOD Help and Support
I get BSODS randomly when I am on my computer.
Hi guys, I need your help because I get alot of blue screens everyday and I have no idea why. First I didnt see the BSODS as a real problem, but when I started getting them more often I started searching for help. I've tried formating my computer and I still get those BSODS. I hope you guys will be...
BSOD Help and Support
Randomly having BSODs
I'm randomly having BSODs, and can't find why? It's an ntoskrnl.exe problem. I can't even understand what it is. I'm really a computer illiterate, and I want to fix this problem before it gets worse. Please help!!! I'm attaching the required files with this post. My laptop- HP Pavillion g6...
BSOD Help and Support
BSODs randomly BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER
Full retail x64 Windows 7 Ultimate full retail. Install is a month or two old from an image backup of from an install in October of last year. I started having issues on my original install just out of the blue. I decided to start fresh with an install I know worked from an image, and am still...
BSOD Help and Support
Randomly occurring BSODs
Hello. Recently, my computer has been constantly crashing while I am doing work, gaming, watching videos, and surfing the web. The system is about a month old, with a Windows 7 Professional x64 operating system (OEM). I have also noticed that the BSODs are becoming more frequent. I appreciate any...
BSOD Help and Support
BSODs randomly
Hello everyone, I have been getting random BSOD's for a while now it happens typically when running games, but it has happened when just browsing the internet. I thought it was because my video card was going dead, well i ended up replacing it yesterday because it was old and i needed some...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:35.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App