Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD and some weird problems

02 Aug 2012   #1
craimer

windows 7 64bit proffesional
 
 
BSOD and some weird problems

First of hi, I'm new to these forums, but after reading some threads around here, i was hoping someone would be so kind and able to help me.

Before i post my problem there is a little backstory. My computer used to work like a charm until last week a guy accidentaly kicked the table my computer was sitting on and the computer froze. Ever since i've been having some weird issues. First some games would work badly. Then after replacing some drivers and runing chkdsk it seemed to remedy the problem, but only for a short while. After that i had lower fps in games, some general lagging issues and software crashes. Now the last 2 days i got a BSOD once per day.

All i wanna do is find out whats going on. I can't stand being clueless as to whats causing the problem, and sadly I lack the knowledge to find out on my own if its just a software issue or if the "kicking" accident damaged any of my hardware.

If i missed something pls let me know. I've been trying to find out whats wrong on my own until now but couldnt manage, now im going on vacation tomorrow so i thought i'd post here and hope somone could find an answer until i get back.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Aug 2012   #2
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

I'm unabel to read dump files. Someone will come along and do that. You can help by filling out completely ((My System Specs)). It helps us help you. This little program will help you.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2012   #3
craimer

windows 7 64bit proffesional
 
 

Thanks for the heads up, I added the needed specs. Though they would show up in the dump file, so i didnt bother at first, but I'll do everything i can if it helps solve the issue.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


02 Aug 2012   #4
centaur78

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Craimer

the BSOD's are due to USBPORT.SYS.....

Try the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions and post a full list ..

As mentioned by Layback.... update the system specs and post the rest of the files to get the complete picture
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2012   #5
centaur78

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by craimer View Post
Thanks for the heads up, I added the needed specs. Though they would show up in the dump file, so i didnt bother at first, but I'll do everything i can if it helps solve the issue.

There are only 2 dump files and when did blue screen started showing specs !!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2012   #6
craimer

windows 7 64bit proffesional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by centaur78 View Post
Craimer

the BSOD's are due to USBPORT.SYS.....

Try the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions and post a full list ..

As mentioned by Layback.... update the system specs and post the rest of the files to get the complete picture
I already updated my specs and there are only 2 dump files. Like i wrote in my first post, i've had 2 BSOD-s, one today and one yesterday, and before that i've had performance issues with my computer for a week, now aswell a game crashed on me for no apparent reason when i was just sitting in the menu.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2012   #7
centaur78

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by craimer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by centaur78 View Post
Craimer

the BSOD's are due to USBPORT.SYS.....

Try the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions and post a full list ..

As mentioned by Layback.... update the system specs and post the rest of the files to get the complete picture
I already updated my specs and there are only 2 dump files. Like i wrote in my first post, i've had 2 BSOD-s, one today and one yesterday, and before that i've had performance issues with my computer for a week, now aswell a game crashed on me for no apparent reason when i was just sitting in the menu.
Appreciate if you can follow this and post the other files apart from dump files Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2012   #8
craimer

windows 7 64bit proffesional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by centaur78 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by craimer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by centaur78 View Post
Craimer

the BSOD's are due to USBPORT.SYS.....

Try the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions and post a full list ..

As mentioned by Layback.... update the system specs and post the rest of the files to get the complete picture
I already updated my specs and there are only 2 dump files. Like i wrote in my first post, i've had 2 BSOD-s, one today and one yesterday, and before that i've had performance issues with my computer for a week, now aswell a game crashed on me for no apparent reason when i was just sitting in the menu.
Appreciate if you can follow this and post the other files apart from dump files Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
Done.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2012   #9
centaur78

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

hmm

do uninstall the below and install MSE

Quote:
avast REG_SZ "C:\Program Files\Avast\avastUI.exe" /nogui
Also disable this from startup or remove it. and reboot
Quote:
GIGABYTEMOUSE REG_SZ C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\GIGABYTE Sim Series7\Mouse.exe

Let us know how it goes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2012   #10
craimer

windows 7 64bit proffesional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by centaur78 View Post
hmm

do uninstall the below and install MSE

Quote:
avast REG_SZ "C:\Program Files\Avast\avastUI.exe" /nogui
Also disable this from startup or remove it. and reboot
Quote:
GIGABYTEMOUSE REG_SZ C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\GIGABYTE Sim Series7\Mouse.exe
Let us know how it goes.
The gigabyte mouse is for my wireless mouse, and i have been using Avast for a long time without problems. Did these pop up in the dump files? Since i have only been having trouble since the "accident" last week i talked about in my first post. Can try tho.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD and some weird problems




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
2 weird problems
I have a windows 7 64-bit home premium laptop which has been working fine so far after a long time. Recently though i have had 2 problems that i've never faced before and i cant find anything about on google. (the problems started at aproximately the same time) 1) Everytime i open my pc, the...
General Discussion
Weird AERO Problems..
Not sure if this is the right area to post this for help but I'm experiencing weird Aero issues,.. How you might ask i know its aero cause it doesn't happen when i turn aero off here is a few screenshots of what I'm experiencing. http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9646/24356590.png...
General Discussion
Weird system error after weird BSOD
Hello, Currently I have a big problem with my Computer, i can't run Windows in normal mode, and currently using Safe Mode I will describe the problem and Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2.zip DESCRIPTION My computer have some BSOD a few days before, but it's rare and after it restarts, Windows...
BSOD Help and Support
Some really weird problems
Hey, So, I got two problems actually. Here's the first one: When I play Left 4 Dead, I can hear slight snapping in the background. After a while it will turn in to loud screeching and hissing and popping and the sound will go out. The sound will later start the loud screeching and etc. and...
Hardware & Devices
mouse pad problems !!! really weird, need help
mouse pad problems !!! hey... I'm having a really weird problem. each time WINDOWS loads my "RIGHT-CLICK DOESN'T FUNCTION" at all, AND the "LEFT-CLICK acts as the RIGHT-click" .... tried mouse sittings reversing functions didn't work, however what happened is that "AFTER i press Ctrl-Alt-Delete...
General Discussion
Weird Windows 7 x64 Problems
Hi everyone, i have been having a lot of weird problems with windows 7 lately. I'm not sure where to post this thread so i post it here. Here are some of the problems i had. -I cannot run Steam, the message error that appears is http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/1811/20090716045834g.png...
General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App