Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Really weirds BSODs, need help i think it's memory related!!


17 Aug 2012   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Really weirds BSODs, need help i think it's memory related!!

So i had yesterday downloaded Starcraft 2 which was a fake version just to try out the campaign, the result was with 2 blue screens, then downloaded starter version, and it went fine however i ran on a overclocked Intel HD 4000 but it still did blue screen after it went on normal (2nd BSOD), so those 2 errors showing ntoskrnl.exe is probably solved but i'm dropping them here, today when i was playing league of Legends the error from ntfs.sys appeared, and i have no idea why :/

Edit : Another BSOD, now it says Memory_Management and error is 0x0000001a instead, this is weird but i believe it's memory related, please help =/

Dumps : (Attachments)

PC specs :

Asus Z77 V-Pro
Corsair GS 800W
3770k
Intel HD 4000
16GB LP Ram at 1600Mhz Vengeance
Samsung SSD 830 128GB
And a old hard drive Sata 1 160GB at 7200rpm

Running windows 7 ultimate x64

Note : This PC is just 1week or so old.

It has run fine for 3days, and then this appeared, yesterday when i downloaded a safe file, and today but not by any of the files i did download. (I was just playing LoL), then another BSOD did happen with Memory_Management when playing LoL

I have microsoft security essentials and it didn't detect anything.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Aug 2012   #2

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

Since by your own confesssion, you downloaded a "fake" version of software:

HOW TO USE MICROSOFT'S OFFLINE MALWARE REMOVER
Windows Defender Offline
performs an offline scan of an infected PC to remove viruses, rootkits and other advanced malware.
is a free standalone, bootable malware and virus remover from Microsoft.

Download Windows Defender Offline (about 785 kB)
You will have the choice of downloading the 32bit version (x86) or the 64 bit version (x64).
The link will help you determine whether you are running a 32 bit version or 64 bit version of Windows

NOTE!! You can download and prepare a 32 bit version using a 64 bit version of Windows
NOTE!! You can download and prepare a 64 bit version using a 32bit version of Windows.

You run the 32 bit version on a 32 bit version of Windows.
You run the 64 bit version on a 64 bit version of Windows.

The 32 bit download file name is: mssstool32.exe
The 64 bit download file name is: mssstool64.exe

For the curious, this program was originally name Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper.


INSTALLATION:
Requires an Internet Connection.
Insert 512 mB or larger USB stick into a usb port.
Run the downloaded program--mssstool64.exe or mssstool32.exe
NEXT button
Choose the option On a USB flash drive that is not password protected
NEXT button
NEXT button
.
The install program will:
format the usb stick using the NTFS format.
download less than 230 mB.
name the USB stick WDO_Media32 or WDO_Media64
use less than 300 mB.

How to UPDATE the Windows Defender Offline USB stick:
reinsert the usb stick
run the installation program, mssstool64.exe or mssstool32.exe, again.
the update will download less than 65 mB.

Since the malware database is sometimes updated several times in a day, always update before running.

PERFORM AN OFFLINE SCAN
Bootup your computer from the USB stick
Windows Defender Offline will automatically perform a quick scan.
After the quick scan finishes, Choose Full Scan
Select all of your drives

The initial, full scan can easily take several hours, but
Remember, your computer is being very thoroughly checked for all types of malware.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Aug 2012   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by karlsnooks View Post
Since by your own confesssion, you downloaded a "fake" version of software:

HOW TO USE MICROSOFT'S OFFLINE MALWARE REMOVER
Windows Defender Offline
performs an offline scan of an infected PC to remove viruses, rootkits and other advanced malware.
is a free standalone, bootable malware and virus remover from Microsoft.

Download Windows Defender Offline (about 785 kB)
You will have the choice of downloading the 32bit version (x86) or the 64 bit version (x64).
The link will help you determine whether you are running a 32 bit version or 64 bit version of Windows

NOTE!! You can download and prepare a 32 bit version using a 64 bit version of Windows
NOTE!! You can download and prepare a 64 bit version using a 32bit version of Windows.

You run the 32 bit version on a 32 bit version of Windows.
You run the 64 bit version on a 64 bit version of Windows.

The 32 bit download file name is: mssstool32.exe
The 64 bit download file name is: mssstool64.exe

For the curious, this program was originally name Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper.


INSTALLATION:
Requires an Internet Connection.
Insert 512 mB or larger USB stick into a usb port.
Run the downloaded program--mssstool64.exe or mssstool32.exe
NEXT button
Choose the option On a USB flash drive that is not password protected
NEXT button
NEXT button
.
The install program will:
format the usb stick using the NTFS format.
download less than 230 mB.
name the USB stick WDO_Media32 or WDO_Media64
use less than 300 mB.

How to UPDATE the Windows Defender Offline USB stick:
reinsert the usb stick
run the installation program, mssstool64.exe or mssstool32.exe, again.
the update will download less than 65 mB.

Since the malware database is sometimes updated several times in a day, always update before running.

PERFORM AN OFFLINE SCAN
Bootup your computer from the USB stick
Windows Defender Offline will automatically perform a quick scan.
After the quick scan finishes, Choose Full Scan
Select all of your drives

The initial, full scan can easily take several hours, but
Remember, your computer is being very thoroughly checked for all types of malware.
I don't have any malware, and the dump files doesn't really look like malware since i've had this problem 3days ago when i reinstalled my OS, it just reappeared again when playing that ''fake'' game, and then today twice on LoL, anyway i've run windows essentials today full scan and nothing found, i'm running memtest86+ on each RAM module now though, i'm unsure on which place to run it, i saw somewhere to test every RAM stick on the closest blue place to the CPU, is this correct? what if the motherboards RAM place is the problem?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


17 Aug 2012   #4

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

Without your cooperation (just listen and believe this old-timer), I'm not able to help you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Aug 2012   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by karlsnooks View Post
Without your cooperation (just listen and believe this old-timer), I'm not able to help you.
I did however run a full scan as said today, currently doing memtest86+ test so i can't right now, but i'm pretty sure there's no malware because i had essentials running and i had checked the files commentarys. I'm unsure though where to put the RAM modules my plan is just this

1. Place a RAM stick at the blue one closest to motherboard
2. Run memtest86+ and repeat on every module if any error is found

What if the motherboard RAM place is the problem? how exactly should i test it to be 100% sure it's not the RAMs? :S

Sorry for first post, but i'm pretty sure there's no malware or worser things would probably happen then this blue screen error and i did already run a test today with essentials :S

i did dump the files though, i don't really understand those errors so some help regarding there would be nice, i'm a newb in this area :/ lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Aug 2012   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Ran the AV, no malware, also finished my first RAM stick 4 passes on the blue first DIMM.
I have Ivy Bridge setup, 4.20 only supports Sandy apparantly should i be worried?
Second stick rolling on...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2012   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Second stick -> 20 passes overnight no errors, third stick, what can the problem be if i find no errors? Someone help :S, I saw USB 3.0, and i do have USB 3.0 on this Mobo/Chassis.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2012   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Ok, i've run all sticks seperate with no errors, could this be a Voltage error? i'm running all sticks at 1.5V Basic XMP setup, Memory_Management blue screen means memory error, correct me if i'm wrong :/, does anyone know what the dump blue screen means?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2012   #9

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 
Down and Dirty

Hopefully, you are listening to the Oldtimer.

Recently while going through the troubleshooting steps, provided to me by the "Oldtimers" here, it was determined that I should test my ram. I ran Memtest 4.20, booted from USB, for almost 24hrs, 8 passes I think, and no errors were found.

Later, in the troubleshooting steps, after eliminating every possibility, I got down and dirty with the modules and the slots. Test 1 module in each slot, if it boots, the module is likely good and so is the slot. If you find 1 module that gives you some trouble with boot, post, or load windows, THEN run Memtest for 8 passes or until errors are found. Also, open a ticket with your motherboard and ram manufacturer. They can be very helpful.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2012   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by crash2009 View Post
Hopefully, you are listening to the Oldtimer.

Recently while going through the troubleshooting steps, provided to me by the "Oldtimers" here, it was determined that I should test my ram. I ran Memtest 4.20, booted from USB, for almost 24hrs, 8 passes I think, and no errors were found.

Later, in the troubleshooting steps, after eliminating every possibility, I got down and dirty with the modules and the slots. Test 1 module in each slot, if it boots, the module is likely good and so is the slot. If you find 1 module that gives you some trouble with boot, post, or load windows, THEN run Memtest for 8 passes or until errors are found. Also, open a ticket with your motherboard and ram manufacturer. They can be very helpful.
I did this, all RAMs did boot and passed with 0 errors, i doubt it's the RAM problem anymore, the only thing i was worried was that i was running Ivy Bridge on Memtest86+ 4.2 which is said to only support Sandy bridge :S, only thing i can come up with is Voltage, since all RAM spots are occupied, and running at XMP which is 1.5volts, some people says this is too low if all DIMMs are occupied but i dunno.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Really weirds BSODs, need help i think it's memory related!!




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Really weirds BSODs, need help i think it's memory related!!
Thread Forum
New MoBo, CPU, RAM, Memory-related BSODs ever since BSOD Help and Support
Driver/Memory related random BSODs BSOD Help and Support
Random BSODs Appearing to be Memory Related BSOD Help and Support
memory related BSOD BSOD Help and Support
bsods related to ntoskrnl BSOD Help and Support
Random BSODs - RAM related probably BSOD Help and Support
RAM-Related BSODs, Several Times / Day BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33