1. Uninstall kaspersky internet security 2012: Removal tool for Kaspersky Lab products
(uninstall completely before going to next step)
2. Install: Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
3. msconfig - boot faster and crash less.
1. Click on the Windows 7 start icon in the bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Type msconfig in the search box and then either press enter on your keyboard or double-click on the msconfig program that appears in the search results.
3. Windows 7 will launch Microsoft's System Configuration Utility. Click on the Startup tab.
4. This takes you to a page with a list of "startup items." Startup items are programs that are automatically loaded every time you turn on your computer. Some startup programs are absolutely necessary (Leave your Anti Virus Checked
), others are simply a waste of RAM.
5. Click on the OK button.
6. A message will pop up telling you that you must restart your computer before these changes will take effect. Click on "Restart" and your computer will automatically reboot.
7. That's it! Your computer should now boot faster and crash less.
If you ever want to turn on any of the startup items you disabled with msconfig , just run msconfig again.
4. Scan for Spyware / Malware: Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.62 - FileHippo.com
Wait for a Bsod, report back if you need further assistance.
Thanks - Ant