Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Computer crashes very often


23 Aug 2012   #1

Windows 7 Enterprise x64
 
 
Computer restarts very often without warning

I did as you said Centaur. i've attached the zip folder and i updated my system specs. sorry for the bad posting the other day.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Aug 2012   #2

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Please update you system specs using this

And use this tool to upload all the files for us to review
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2012   #3

Windows 7 Enterprise x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by centaur78 View Post
Please update you system specs using this

And use this tool to upload all the files for us to review
hope i done it right this time
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


25 Aug 2012   #4

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

First ... where did you get your bios update ??? the version on the official site is 15.3 but you have 17.10 !!! maybe i am wrong with the motherboard

Second as per you logs i see the below more often

Quote:
Some processor performance power management features have been disabled due to a known firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.
This is mostly due the System cooling policy setting under Power Option... change from active to passive....Should resolve your problem with it ...

Let me know
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2012   #5

Windows 7 Enterprise x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by centaur78 View Post
First ... where did you get your bios update ??? the version on the official site is 15.3 but you have 17.10 !!! maybe i am wrong with the motherboard

Second as per you logs i see the below more often

Quote:
Some processor performance power management features have been disabled due to a known firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.
This is mostly due the System cooling policy setting under Power Option... change from active to passive....Should resolve your problem with it ...

Let me know
It is selected as Passive should i make it active ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2012   #6

Windows 7 Enterprise x64
 
 

Hey Centaur78 i tried to update my bios and i couldn't. I made flash drive bootable copied the bios on it and still doesnt work in freedos .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2012   #7

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Have you tried M-Flash??

But I am still interested to know how you got that Bios version 17.10 ??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2012   #8

Windows 7 Enterprise x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by centaur78 View Post
Have you tried M-Flash??

But I am still interested to know how you got that Bios version 17.10 ??
I have no idea how i got 17.10 :| . I reinstalled Windows and i bought new ram memory it works fine so far...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Computer crashes very often




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Computer crashes very often
Thread Forum
Solved Computer Crashes Hardware & Devices
Computer Crashes, Is my computer overheated? PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Computer crashes - H-E-L-P! BSOD Help and Support
hal.dll computer crashes BSOD Help and Support
Computer crashes BSOD Help and Support
computer sometimes crashes BSOD Help and Support
The Computer Itself crashes BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33