Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: kernel power crash, games.

25 Aug 2012   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
kernel power crash, games.

Hello,
when I'm playing game like Mw3 and ect', my computer de energizing after about 5 minutes of playing.

The event ID Is 41.

My computer:
Asus P8P67 REV Motherboard.
I7 2600K.
GTX580 3Gb of memory.
4 corsair's sticks of 4Gb, 16Gb.
H40 Cpu cooling..
60GB SSD For Windows.

Ok, now,
I tried to reinstall the System, cleaned all from disks.
Installed all of the drivers.
Tried enable/disable Intel speedstep technology.
enabled/disabled EPU and TPU.

Still crashes.

Thanks,
Thomas.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Aug 2012   #2
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Hello Thomas, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please go ahead and read the link below to post back with the needed information for someone to hopefully be able to help later with it.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2012   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello Thomas, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please go ahead and read the link below to post back with the needed information for someone to hopefully be able to help later with it.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
Thanks, but I didn't understand what to do after I have the program.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 Sep 2012   #4
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

The link under step 2 there can help show you what to do, but you would run the program and click on "Grab All" button.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2012   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
The link under step 2 there can help show you what to do, but you would run the program and click on "Grab All" button.
Attached.

And I'll give you another info', I Have 64Gb SSD for the System and only 5Gb of free space, If it's matter.
And! I've changed the GPU, to the GTX680 Yesterday, So, It's not the Graphics card.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2012   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Someone?
The GPU Temp' is 80c on 3d mark.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2012   #7
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

Hello Thomas. Do one more thing. Attach the crash dumps, too. Follow the steps to create dumps at crash.

  1. Go to Advance System Setting
  2. Under Performance .. click on setting ...
  3. Go to Advanced Tab and then under virtual memory click change
  4. check "Automatically Manage paging file size for all drives"..... click Ok and ok
  5. and if asked to restart do so....

Now you should be able to create a minidump
.

On your next BSOD, upload the dumps, it will be checked.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2012   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Hello Thomas. Do one more thing. Attach the crash dumps, too. Follow the steps to create dumps at crash.

  1. Go to Advance System Setting
  2. Under Performance .. click on setting ...
  3. Go to Advanced Tab and then under virtual memory click change
  4. check "Automatically Manage paging file size for all drives"..... click Ok and ok
  5. and if asked to restart do so....

Now you should be able to create a minidump
.

On your next BSOD, upload the dumps, it will be checked.
Thanks,

It's already checked.
Where are the files to upload?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2012   #9
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

If you click the "grab all" button, it will grab all the necessary info, and save on your desktop.

But if there is no crash, it will not get any dump.

EDIT:

OK, this is the event you are talking about:
Quote:
Event[2210]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 2012-07-06T19:10:09.776
Event ID: 41
Task: N/A
Level: Critical
Opcode: Info
Keyword: N/A
User: S-1-5-18
User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: Thomas-PC
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
It may sound ridiculous, but you disable the bluetooth device and apple mobile synchronization. Turn off your network adapter and then turn it on again.

It may stop the crashes you are getting.

Also, check your PSU, if it is failing sometimes or not.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2012   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
If you click the "grab all" button, it will grab all the necessary info, and save on your desktop.

But if there is no crash, it will not get any dump.
I've uploaded the "Grab all"..
And I don't have crashes, I have reboots.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 kernel power crash, games.




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: kernel power crash, games.
Thread Forum
Critical Error: ID 41 Kernel-Power when playing games BSOD Help and Support
power kernel 41 error trying to play games BSOD Help and Support
Kernel Power 41 Lock ups/Crash/Boot offs BSOD Help and Support
Kernel Power supply crash computer not starting up Hardware & Devices
Blue Screen Crash, Event ID 41, kernel-power BSOD Help and Support
( Weekly crash ) kernel-power w/ minidump BSOD Help and Support
Kernel- power ID 41 (63) while playing games BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33