Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD during startup


30 Aug 2012   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 
BSOD during startup

Hello! When I booted up my computer today, I got a BSOD. Please help me, as I am extremely scared of Blue Screens. They make me scream like a little girl. It read:

Stop" c000021a (Fatal System Error)
The session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000189 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has shut down.

It's a relatively new computer, I got it around last December.

Here is a photo of the blue screen I snapped with my IPod and the report from the SF_Diagnostic_Tool.
However, when I used the tool it said no dump was found, but it still created a folder with several reports.

Thank you!

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Aug 2012   #2

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Hi there wasn't a minidump in the .rar file, it could help pinpoint the problem. Check C>windows>minidump. If nothing is there you can follow this to cause a BSOD. : Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
I suspect it crashed so fast, it couldn't make a valid dump file.
On top of this, was there any recently installed software?
Also try starting up with the last known good configuration.
I would like you to do the following : SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
If having trouble booting use : Safe Mode
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2012   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Skylais View Post
Hi there wasn't a minidump in the .rar file, it could help pinpoint the problem. Check C>windows>minidump. If nothing is there you can follow this to cause a BSOD. : Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
I suspect it crashed so fast, it couldn't make a valid dump file.
On top of this, was there any recently installed software?
Also try starting up with the last known good configuration.
I would like you to do the following : SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
If having trouble booting use : Safe Mode
I visited the location you mentioned for the minidump, but couldn't even find the folder. I searched my entire computer and couldn't find it either. I'm attempting the the Driver Verifier right now, but could you explain more about starting up with the last good configuration? I'm not really tech savvy. For software, I haven't really installed anything too recently.
The last thing I installed was a version of Fraps a couple of weeks ago. I did install a torrented version of Mass Effect 1 to try out the gameplay, but uninstalled since I changed my mind. This was a couple of nights ago.

Thanks for the reply!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 Aug 2012   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

I searched up how to enable Minidumps, so I'll restart the computer, and use driver verifier.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2012   #5

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Last known good config: Advanced Boot Options
And ok thanks for the feedback, i doubt fraps would do much. The mass effect could have, but i am sketchy about that one and doubt it. Please be careful with torrents, i use them myself
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2012   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Skylais View Post
Last known good config: Advanced Boot Options
And ok thanks for the feedback, i doubt fraps would do much. The mass effect could have, but i am sketchy about that one and doubt it. Please be careful with torrents, i use them myself
Thanks for the speedy reply!

I forgot to mention in the original post that I did a system restore after the original blue screen. I'm not sure hen it restored to, but I just restarted the computer with Driver Verifier enabled, and did not get a Blue Screen during boot up.

I'll keep you posted, but thanks again! You're a great help, and really easy to understand.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2012   #7

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Sure thing, and thanks for your nice feedback. Also if no blue screen so far, then good.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2012   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Going to go to bed now, nothing has happened so far after enabling the Driver Verifier.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2012   #9

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Peter7991 View Post
Going to go to bed now, nothing has happened so far after enabling the Driver Verifier.
Ok we will continue tomorrow then, good night sleep well friend.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2012   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Skylais View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Peter7991 View Post
Going to go to bed now, nothing has happened so far after enabling the Driver Verifier.
Ok we will continue tomorrow then, good night sleep well friend.
It's been a couple of days, and nothing has really happened. I left the verifier on for about 2 days and no drivers crashed. I'll use the tips that you've given me if I ever run into another BSOD. It's nice to know there are some very friendly people willing to help others on the internet. You work VERY professionally. Thanks a lot for your help!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD during startup




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD during startup
Thread Forum
BSOD on Startup - Startup Reapir not working BSOD Help and Support
BSOD at startup, cant repair startup BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after playing games + Random BSOD on startup BSOD Help and Support
BSOD with D3, Startup BSOD Help and Support
BSOD on startup , error 0x000000f4 . startup takes half an hour BSOD Help and Support
Solved Bsod on startup! BSOD Help and Support
BSOD on Startup BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33