Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD playing CS:GO/APB/ARMA II, error 0x0000003b & 0x000000a


17 Jan 2013   #21

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Alright I went ahead and uninstalled CCC. There wasn't an option to get rid of the Install Manager without removing the rest of the display drivers. Am I missing something?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Jan 2013   #22

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fxblaze View Post
Alright I went ahead and uninstalled CCC. There wasn't an option to get rid of the Install Manager without removing the rest of the display drivers. Am I missing something?

Its fine, as long as the CCC is removed, thats the one that can cause problems.
Any crashes since removing?

Cheers

Dave
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2013   #23

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Northernsoul55 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fxblaze View Post
Alright I went ahead and uninstalled CCC. There wasn't an option to get rid of the Install Manager without removing the rest of the display drivers. Am I missing something?

Its fine, as long as the CCC is removed, thats the one that can cause problems.
Any crashes since removing?

Cheers

Dave
Well nothing so far. Time will tell. What would you suggest as an alternative to CCC? MSI Afterburner?

Side note: The only thing driver verifier is doing is causing a slightly noticeable sluggishness in programs.


UPDATE:

Computer screen has frozen twice. I was unable to recover from it and had to do a hard reboot (push the button). I'm not sure if this was due to verifier stressing the PC or what.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


17 Jan 2013   #24

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fxblaze View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Northernsoul55 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fxblaze View Post
Alright I went ahead and uninstalled CCC. There wasn't an option to get rid of the Install Manager without removing the rest of the display drivers. Am I missing something?

Its fine, as long as the CCC is removed, thats the one that can cause problems.
Any crashes since removing?

Cheers

Dave
Well nothing so far. Time will tell. What would you suggest as an alternative to CCC? MSI Afterburner?

Side note: The only thing driver verifier is doing is causing a slightly noticeable sluggishness in programs.


UPDATE:

Computer screen has frozen twice. I was unable to recover from it and had to do a hard reboot (push the button). I'm not sure if this was due to verifier stressing the PC or what.
Hi,

Possible it is the verifier, i would advise to run that overnight.
Try playing games and using computer as normal, and see if you get the BSOD, then run verifier when computer not in use.

Cheers

Dave
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2013   #25

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

So wait, Driver Verifier causes freezing or is that just speculation? Make sure that to confirm if that's the case, since it really should be causing BSODs, not freezing.

I personally recommend keeping Driver Verifier on at all times until this situation is taken care of. Unless it causes a boot loop or for some reason it causes system to freeze instead of BSOD, it should be kept on. Yes, DV will cause sluggishness because of the extra driver checks. Try to coerce your system to BSOD again when DV is on then send us the crashdumps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2013   #26

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Vir Gnarus View Post
So wait, Driver Verifier causes freezing or is that just speculation? Make sure that to confirm if that's the case, since it really should be causing BSODs, not freezing.

I personally recommend keeping Driver Verifier on at all times until this situation is taken care of. Unless it causes a boot loop or for some reason it causes system to freeze instead of BSOD, it should be kept on. Yes, DV will cause sluggishness because of the extra driver checks. Try to coerce your system to BSOD again when DV is on then send us the crashdumps.

Yeah,,,sorry Vir Gnarus....I shouldnt have advised, till Driver Verifier had ran its course....my bad
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2013   #27

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

I was actually trying to confirm if that was the case with the client. If so, then you're right, DV should be left off since it won't serve us any good.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2013   #28

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Vir Gnarus View Post
I was actually trying to confirm if that was the case with the client. If so, then you're right, DV should be left off since it won't serve us any good.

Ahhh......I see....thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2013   #29

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Well while I was running a game that normally causes the BSOD, I had an issue where the screen froze and was unrecoverable. I just rebooted the PC to clear it up. I'm really not sure what caused it, but I notice that game FPS seems to drop a bit with verifier running.

Verifier has been running for a little over 24 hours with no problems. Same as last time. Perhaps it was the CCC?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2013   #30

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Hey fxblaze,


Pop back in a few days and let us know if your BSOD's have stopped, Its quite possible CCC was causing the issues, saw quite a few recently.

cheers

Dave
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD playing CS:GO/APB/ARMA II, error 0x0000003b & 0x000000a




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD playing CS:GO/APB/ARMA II, error 0x0000003b & 0x000000a
Thread Forum
BSOD when playing any game, error 0x0000003B BSOD Help and Support
Getting BSOD 0x0000003b(most common), 0x0000001e, 0x000000a,0x0000007e BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing Diablo 3 error 0x0000003B BSOD Help and Support
BSOD when playing all games, error 0x0000003B BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing Skyrim, error 0x0000003B BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing SWTOR, error 0x0000003B BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing Battlefield 3, error 0x0000003b BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33