|10 Sep 2012||#1|
| || |
Laptop Hangs and Then Freezes...Usually After Hibernation/Sleep
So...the title says it all. The problem occurs at random after I boot up my laptop from hibernation or sleep mode. And...I'm just going to try and describe what happens:
1. Clicks on application (ex. Chrome)
2. Blue spinny thing next to the mouse appears and stays there
3. Application doesn't open/doesn't respond
4. Moves mouse to taskbar and blue spinny thing disappears
5. Proceeds to try and right click to open task manager...when I attempt to right click, nothing happens. So I try to do the CTRL + ALT + DEL method, and that doesn't work either.
6. Realizes the only thing that seems to work during this "freezed"session are my "Sticky Notes"
7. This goes on for a good half an hour, that's basically when I give up and force shut down.
Hope that explains my situation, would appreciate any and all help!! Thanks everyone
|My System Specs|
|10 Sep 2012||#2|
| || |
I'm going to hazard a tentative guess at this being a memory issue. In lieu of any other suggestions (which may come, give it time for other members to see this problem), I'd suggest you download and install Memory Cleaner - Software - Koshy John .
This small program just sits happily in the background and every five minutes will clear "Working Set" memory (applications which are open now, and using chunks of memory they should have let go of by now) and the system cache (Windows stuff, who knows what Windows does?).
Note: This is something you have to set it to do in the options.
You can also trigger the two types manually, with the pair of buttons available in the interface.
As I say, hang fire for an hour or two and see if anyone else responds because I am far from familiar with this type of problem, and am only working from my own (admittedly limited) knowledge here.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Laptop Hangs and Then Freezes...Usually After Hibernation/Sleep|
|BSOD right after laptop was resuming from sleep/hibernation||BSOD Help and Support|
|laptop hangs when during sleep or hibernation with black screen||General Discussion|
|Laptop won't wake from Sleep/Hibernation, PLZ HELP!||General Discussion|
|Boot time getting slow... hangs on hibernation and sleep mode||Performance & Maintenance|
|New Laptop Crashes on Sleep/Hibernation||BSOD Help and Support|
|Random Freezes returning from sleep/hibernation||BSOD Help and Support|
|Acer laptop freezes after hibernation||BSOD Help and Support|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 PM.