|26 Sep 2012||#1|
| || |
BSOD When using virtual Box
My computer is a vaios windows 7 home premium 64bit only 4 months old, my employer gave me the laptop brand new but had installed some things on it.
I have gotten a BSOD 4 times now 2 were in the very beginning before i had hardly downloaded anything and the last two times have been since i have downloaded a lot of software. So i really don't think the virtual box is the cause though now i have had 2 BSOD in 24 hours.
i am running ubuntu in the virtual box and am only using the terminal + emacs
please help me quickly as i need to finish a project and the BSOD is stopping me
i read the bsod posting thing and i believe i followed the instructions correctly!
|My System Specs|
|26 Sep 2012||#2|
| || |
Probably caused by : NETwNs64.sys ( NETwNs64+90968 ) Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 5000 Series Adapter
Update Driver: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx
Uninstall: DAEMON Tools is Known to crash Windows.
msconfig - boot faster and crash less.
1. Click on the Windows 7 start icon in the bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Type msconfig in the search box and then either press enter on your keyboard or double-click on the msconfig program that appears in the search results.
3. Windows 7 will launch Microsoft's System Configuration Utility. Click on the Startup tab.
4. This takes you to a page with a list of "startup items." Startup items are programs that are automatically loaded every time you turn on your computer. Some startup programs are absolutely necessary e.g Anti Virus, others are simply a waste of RAM.
5. Click on the OK button.
6. A message will pop up telling you that you must restart your computer before these changes will take effect. Click on "Restart" and your computer will automatically reboot.
7. That's it! Your computer should now boot faster and crash less.
If you ever want to turn on any of the startup items you disabled with msconfig , just run msconfig again.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD When using virtual Box|
|How to Create a Win95 Virtual Machine in Windows Virtual PC||Virtualization|
|Windows Virtual PC - Connect Virtual Machine to Network||Tutorials|
|Windows Virtual PC - Create Virtual Machine||Tutorials|
|Can I retrieve files on virtual machine even if cannot start Virtual||Virtualization|
|BSOD Starting Windows Virtual PC Machines (any machine, always bsod)||BSOD Help and Support|
|Can I load up my linux partition in Virtual Box or any Virtual Machine||Virtualization|
|Windows Virtual PC - Change Virtual Machine Settings||Tutorials|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 AM.