I've had some BSoD's in what is almost 2 years with this rig, but recently I've been having a wave of BSoD highs and lows. I have Windows 7 Professional x64 (w/SP1).
I usually get them during gaming. My computer used to essentially restart itself randomly without a BSOD--at which point the monitor may or may not come on. Other times it crashes/freezes leaving me with an annoying little error code. In diagnosing the situtation, I have done:
- Dusted computer. Re-seated cards/memory.
- Multiple MemTests, Chkdsk and virus scans.
- Sfc /scannow (multiple times; I'm paranoid)
- Reinstalled video drivers.
- Replaced Avast with MSE.
- Updated ASACPI.sys and rid myself of sptd.sys.
- Fresh install of Windows 7.
- Ran Driver Verifier (Ironically, the computer didn't freeze then. It was just really slow during gaming. Haven't done one since the fresh OS install)
- Other stuff I may have forgotten.
What may also help is that I have gotten two incidences of 0x0000428 when trying to boot and a 0xc0000001 error after loading the files from my install disc (an attempt to repair). After giving up and restarting the system two hours later, it booted.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on anything. Dump should be in this post. I lurk forums way more than I tend to post, but I'd like multiple angles here. Any replies would be great appreciated.