|13 Oct 2012||#1|
| || |
BSOD when laptop recovers from sleep or lid close BAD_POOL_CALLER
Several BAD_POOL_CALLER errors. Alienware laptop running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit on an Intel Core i7 chipset. The error is replicable basically every time the computer comes out of sleep.
Tried updating the drivers for Realtek Audio, etc. as those are often implicated in these problems, based on what I've read. Only hardware/software change recently was instlaling some VPN hardware (already uninstalled). Also running ESET security on this laptop.
Files attached. Thank you!!!
|My System Specs|| |
|13 Oct 2012||#2|
| || |
Probably caused by : HssDrv.sys ( HssDrv+2bac ) Hotspot shield Free VPN for iPhone, Android, Mac and Windows for secure and private browsing, accessing blocked sites and unblocking Facebook and Youtube - Hotspot Shield
Uninstall: Hotspot shield
msconfig - boot faster and crash less.
1. Click on the Windows 7 start icon in the bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Type msconfig in the search box and then either press enter on your keyboard or double-click on the msconfig program that appears in the search results.
3. Windows 7 will launch Microsoft's System Configuration Utility. Click on the Startup tab.
4. This takes you to a page with a list of "startup items." Startup items are programs that are automatically loaded every time you turn on your computer. Some startup programs are absolutely necessary e.g Anti Virus, others are simply a waste of RAM.
5. Click on the OK button.
6. A message will pop up telling you that you must restart your computer before these changes will take effect. Click on "Restart" and your computer will automatically reboot.
7. That's it! Your computer should now boot faster and crash less.
If you ever want to turn on any of the startup items you disabled with msconfig , just run msconfig again.
Keep us Posted - Thanks
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for: BSOD when laptop recovers from sleep or lid close BAD_POOL_CALLER|
|BSOD when resuming from sleep. Bad_pool_caller||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD on resume from sleep and hibernate, BAD_POOL_CALLER (0x000000c2)||BSOD Help and Support|
|When I close lid, laptop goes to sleep even though I've fixed Power Op||General Discussion|
|BSOD turning on laptop BAD_POOL_CALLER 0x000000C2||BSOD Help and Support|
|Bad_Pool_Caller BSOD due to file ndis.sys upon leaving sleep mode||BSOD Help and Support|