|02 Nov 2012||#1|
| || |
Windows 7 32bit ultimate Freezes after login screen
I would like if someone can please help me out with an issue i am currently facing. I try to start up windows after entering my password at the screen it loads for a while then i am faced with my desktop background and icons show up. If i move my mouse cursor to the bottom taskbar to click start it has the loading circle. If i click anything on my desktop that wont work either. i tried several things but i dont want to fresh install as i have tons of data and files that i need to keep otherwise i would have just went ahead with the fresh install. The things i tried were
1. tried system repair, but i get this "windows cannot repair this computer automatically"
2. I just tried sfc/scannow and I got the following message:
There is a system repair pending which requires a reboot to complete. Restart windows and try sfc again.
3. i then did the scanow offline command i found it said scanning and then after 20 min i get this "SFC Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation FIX''
4. Memory tool but i can't see results because as soon as i sign in it freezes
5. ctrl,alt ad del dont work screen goes black then i wait till a message pops up and click enter then it brings me back to the desktop
6. i scanned pc with avg and malawarebytes no viruses.
Like i said all help is very much appreciated. I called dell but my protection ran out 2 weeks ago and they want 270 for software help i really dont have that type of money as the mortgage gets taken out and im a little behind if not i would have went that option. Anyway help is appreciated thanks. If you need more infor write in the thread and ill try as i cant really access anything on the pc.
the computer im using is a dell xps 420
update: its still loading very very slow i need to fix this asap please help.
|My System Specs|
|03 Nov 2012||#5|
| || |
Do you have access to another machine? Can you create a bootable CD/DVD and run this?:
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
If you can't do that, check your machine's BIOS to see if there's a memory testing facility there.
If the memory checks out okay you can see if there is a quick hard drive test available in the BIOS. I wouldn't run a long test just yet since you have data there that you need; I'd get a copy of the data first if you suspect the drive might have problems.
Please let us know...
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Windows 7 32bit ultimate Freezes after login screen|
|Windows 7 Ultimate freezes on the 'welcome' screen||BSOD Help and Support|
|Problem with blue screen (windows 7 ultimate 32bit)||BSOD Help and Support|
|Keyboard freezes at Windows 7 login screen if a key is depressed||Hardware & Devices|
|Win 7 Ultimate 64 freezes after login||BSOD Help and Support|
|Upgrading from Windows ultimate 32bit to Ultimate 64bit||Installation & Setup|
|Windows 7 professional freezes at login screen||BSOD Help and Support|