Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows Explorer Crashes


20 Nov 2012   #11

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

How much of the SFC file should I post - its quite large 2.4MB?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Nov 2012   #12

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Hi

How much of the log should I post - its 2.4MB?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2012   #13

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Whoops - didnt mean to post that twice, didnt realise it had posted on a 2nd page!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


20 Nov 2012   #14

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BarryBruce1975 View Post
Hi

How much of the log should I post - its 2.4MB?
Only post logged info about last sfc command. Post as attachment!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2012   #15

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Also run this tool: System Update Readiness Tool fixes Windows Update errors in Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2008 Method 2: Use the Microsoft Download Center

After it has run post 2 files:
%SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log and %SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2012   #16

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Hi

File as attached- I think
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2012   #17

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BarryBruce1975 View Post
Hi

File as attached- I think
  • Reboot your system
  • run sfc/scannow again. wait until finished
  • copy cbs.log again
  • post relevant part again (all after starttime sfc command)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2012   #18

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Also run this tool: System Update Readiness Tool fixes Windows Update errors in Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2008 Method 2: Use the Microsoft Download Center

After it has run post 2 files:
%SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log and %SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

Im downloading this update as we speak (rubbish broadband speed).

Can you explain how I go about get the two logs you suggest?

Thanks for your help so far
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2012   #19

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BarryBruce1975 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Also run this tool: System Update Readiness Tool fixes Windows Update errors in Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2008 Method 2: Use the Microsoft Download Center

After it has run post 2 files:
%SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log and %SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

Im downloading this update as we speak (rubbish broadband speed).

Can you explain how I go about get the two logs you suggest?

Thanks for your help so far
Just post the 2 files afterwards
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2012   #20

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Hi,

As requested I have attached the logs to this message.

Thanks

Along with another SFC log
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows Explorer Crashes




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Windows Explorer Crashes
Thread Forum
Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) crashes every few minutes. General Discussion
Windows Explorer Crashes BSOD Help and Support
Solved Windows Explorer crashes General Discussion
Windows explorer crashes BSOD Help and Support
Windows Explorer crashes when I try to look in my HDD! BSOD Help and Support
WTF is up with all these Windows Explorer crashes? General Discussion
x64 Windows Explorer crashes BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33