Quote: Originally Posted by NyCee
my mouse goes off the screen and selects other stuff on its own and my remote settings are all disabled. my mouse also freezes way too much and the only thing i can do is figure out the equal keyboard strokes or else reboot. i reinstalled my system like over 5 times this year. i might go back to xp! Windows 7 have a lot of cool features but only at the price of loosing your peace of mind
O.K. so here's what i did:
1. Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Mouse (under Devices and Printers)
2. Buttons Tab: speed was set 1 point beyond halfway so i moved it backward to halfway (default setting may have been too fast)
3. Looked at Pointer's Tab but didn't touch anything
4. Pointer's Options Tab: Set Pointer Speed (in Motion box) is set at halfway and Enhance pointer precision box is checked; Hide pointer while typing (in Visibility box) is checked; nothing else was set or checked. Clicked Apply to Finish and closed out.
After this i continued to have a similar experience, so i went back to Step 1. above and continued with the following Steps:
5. Wheel Tab: Roll the wheel one notch to scroll: The following number of lines at a time: is set to 1 (in the Vertical scrolling box); likewise, Tilt the wheel to scroll the following number of characters at a time: is set to 1. Clicked Apply to Finish and closed out.
Problem seems to have disappeared so i think it was the Wheel Tab settings making my mouse hyper
Hope this helps somebody!