Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD After Upgrafing RAM from 2 x2gb to 2x 4gb.

31 Dec 2012   #11
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Blessed Spartan View Post
Did as You said, and the computer no longer allows me to load past the login screen. i was instead introduced to another error, here you go. Ive run mem test and it came up with no errors, i got the ram for christmas so i doubt its the ram itself also. I'm really not sure what to do
What is the situation right now?
Is it booting now? Or is it still sticking at logon screen? Follow it:
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start
Or, run Startup Repair for three separate times, with restarts after every single run.
Startup Repair: Run three separate times.

Memtest should be run overnight, for at least 8 passes. you must to run it, as suggested.

If there are further crashes, let us see the dumps.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
31 Dec 2012   #12
Blessed Spartan

Windows 7 Home Prenium 64 bit
 
 

Update guys, ive run mem test again for 7 passes, and there were no errors, the computer now loads after setting everything to Manuel however im still waiting to see if there will be BSOD. this usually happens after the computer is left off for a certain amount of time ( 15mins+) I have to work but once i reboot the system ill let you know. again thank you for the support
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2012   #13
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Sure, let us know what happens.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Dec 2012   #14
Blessed Spartan

Windows 7 Home Prenium 64 bit
 
 

Hi guys and happy new year!! Got home after after church to see if my pc was working and it came up after the load screen with another blue screen, however, it went to bios, chose to discard changes and exit and its working fine again i rly don't understand what the issue is, this is really stressful because i need it for My 3D modeling assignment but here's my dumps.

Edit: Also in case its still not clear what i mean this page shows my issue in detail although it was not resolved
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...-screen-errors
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2013   #15
Pauly

Win7 Ultimate X64
 
 

No new dump files here, these are all over a month old ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2013   #16
mmkarimi

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Blessed Spartan View Post
Update guys, ive run mem test again for 7 passes, and there were no errors, the computer now loads after setting everything to Manuel however im still waiting to see if there will be BSOD. this usually happens after the computer is left off for a certain amount of time ( 15mins+) I have to work but once i reboot the system ill let you know. again thank you for the support
check your screen saver or power manager, as you say it happens after 15+min in idle situation. maybe its the problem with your computer sleeping.
also check for the graphic card driver update
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2013   #17
Blessed Spartan

Windows 7 Home Prenium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
No new dump files here, these are all over a month old ?
Thats really odd i used the SF diagnostic tool to collect from the latest dump. if it happens a again ill show you

on an update, i found an issue where my bios would sometimes set to manual after it crashed. assuming that it was supposet to be on thouse settings i left it on Manual went into the timing and changed them, however i found that my bios would automatically change them back to auto starting on 5-5-5-11 insted of 9-9-9-24. i changed them using the + and - signs instead of typing the numbers in myself this time. and Windows Experience has auto changed my Ram rating from 7.5- 7.6 the next time i turn it off which should be in an hour. ill leave it off and then get back to you and let you know if the timings were the actual problem. Again thank you for your support
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2013   #18
Blessed Spartan

Windows 7 Home Prenium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mmkarimi View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Blessed Spartan View Post
Update guys, ive run mem test again for 7 passes, and there were no errors, the computer now loads after setting everything to Manuel however im still waiting to see if there will be BSOD. this usually happens after the computer is left off for a certain amount of time ( 15mins+) I have to work but once i reboot the system ill let you know. again thank you for the support
check your screen saver or power manager, as you say it happens after 15+min in idle situation. maybe its the problem with your computer sleeping.
also check for the graphic card driver update
How do i check my power manager?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2013   #19
mmkarimi

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Blessed Spartan View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mmkarimi View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Blessed Spartan View Post
Update guys, ive run mem test again for 7 passes, and there were no errors, the computer now loads after setting everything to Manuel however im still waiting to see if there will be BSOD. this usually happens after the computer is left off for a certain amount of time ( 15mins+) I have to work but once i reboot the system ill let you know. again thank you for the support
check your screen saver or power manager, as you say it happens after 15+min in idle situation. maybe its the problem with your computer sleeping.
also check for the graphic card driver update
How do i check my power manager?
to check your system of sleep problem, check it manually by sleep your computer and see what happens.
to change your power plan check this directory:
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2013   #20
Blessed Spartan

Windows 7 Home Prenium 64 bit
 
 

now that u mention it sometimes my pc would refuse to sleep ill see if that helps, btu wen i meant off, i meant Shutdown and left off for over that period of time. I had another crash after leaving it and i got a blue screen however the dumps are not picking up on the latest ones only last months. I may just take the ram back
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD After Upgrafing RAM from 2 x2gb to 2x 4gb.




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App