Welcome aboard, choady63.
Scan the system for possible virus infection.
Apply the latest version of nVidia display driver
You may download it directly, from our forum link Latest NVIDIA ForceWare Video Drivers Windows 7
; or you may opt for the Option 2
of Drivers- Download NVIDIA Drivers
for “Automatically find drivers
for my NVIDIA products” (it requires java installed).
Do some general USB maintenance. For the port, first, uninstall and reinstall the USB ports drivers.
- Right click on Computer icon > manage. It will open the computer management window.
- Click on "Device Manager" in the left pane, it will list all installed devices up.
- Expand "USB Serial Bus Controllers" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
- Click on one item to select, then right click and uninstall.
- Do the same for all.
- Restart the computer.
- At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate drivers.
And, Disable USB Selective Suspense too. USB Selective Suspend - Turn On or Off
For the devices, first, detach all the USB devices other than the keyboard and mouse.
Then, Update the drivers for them all, including the keyboard and mouse, if any third party drivers are installed for them.
Uninstall the program : Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare 6. It is not needed, but harmful.
Uninstall Norton and all Symentec products using Norton Removal tool
. Use Microsoft Security Essentials
as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM
as the on demand scanner.
Download and install those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.
If all failed, follow it: STOP 0x101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT troubleshtg
Let us know the results.