Log Name: System
Event ID: 11
User Name: N/A
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort1.
Uninstall the drivers
, it will be automatically reinstalled.
- Boot into Safe Mode
- Right click on "my computer" icon and click "manage" on the context menu.
- It will open the "computer management" window.
- Select "Device Manager" in the left pane, It will list all the existing devices up.
- Expand "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
- Select one item under it, right click, uninstall.
- Continue the process for all items under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers"
- Now restart the computer. At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate system driver.
Sometimes it might be happened due to a rootkit/malware, faking as "ataport.sys". It is a new build, but still, dont leave a chance. Scan the system for possible virus infection.
Let us know the results.