Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD: stop error while running specific programs, I moved recently?

28 Jan 2013   #1
dasnowflake

windows 7 32 bit
 
 
BSOD: stop error while running specific programs, I moved recently?

Consistently happens when running Hold Em Manager 2 + Pokerstars. Without using those two programs it appears to never crash and I can leave it running constantly. But I need those two programs for my life!!! They are not graphical games but HM2 can be very processor intensive.

It often happens when I'm listening to music / watching a video + running those programs / move a window. I updated my graphics card drivers and got a new error message, in win32k.sys with stop x000D. I already did checkdisk, memory checks, etc, registry clean etc etc.

Maybe I dislodged or damaged the hardware when I moved? Maybe my parts are breaking down? I will take it for repairs but I want to identify the problem first so I can avoid wasting money!! (or maybe fix it myself , Pasta willing).

Attached are my crash reports from SF diagnostic tool. I also enabled minidump logging so will post that ASAP if it isn't included.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Jan 2013   #2
dasnowflake

windows 7 32 bit
 
 

Should note it also crashed once running through the Windows Experience Index, although I managed to get through that fine after updating the graphics card drivers, I still ran into the crash again while running Hold Em Manager 2 + Pokerstars + iTunes (and other music/video players similar results).

Sometimes when it's crashed it will re-crash on startup, but usually startup is fine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jan 2013   #3
dasnowflake

windows 7 32 bit
 
 
update

"Actually - just got access to the logs on 7f.

The main problem actually seems to be from halmacpi.ddl - you have several 0x124 errors - which shows it is a definite hardware failure.

Now just trying to track down what is using that dll."

Yes, I live in China so my windows may not be genuine. But my whole family in Canada owns legit copies, please help!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Jan 2013   #4
x BlueRobot

 

Code:
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: 857b101c, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: b67b2000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: ca000135, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Code:
===============================================================================
Section 2     : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor    @ 857b112c
Section       @ 857b12b4
Offset        : 664
Length        : 264
Flags         : 0x00000000
Severity      : Fatal

Error         : DCACHEL1_DRD_ERR (Proc 4 Bank 0)
  Status      : 0xb67b2000ca000135
  Address     : 0x0000000014af9c50
  Misc.       : 0x0000000000000000
The WHEA error structure points to an error caused by the Level 1 Cache, although, the error was sourced from a MCE which means the CPU detected an error and then reported it to the operating system, hence the reason for the WHEA 0x124 bugcheck being caused.

Please upload/update your System Specifications using:Please include the model and brand of your computer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jan 2013   #5
dasnowflake

windows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by x BlueRobot View Post
Code:
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: 857b101c, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: b67b2000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: ca000135, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Code:
===============================================================================
Section 2     : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor    @ 857b112c
Section       @ 857b12b4
Offset        : 664
Length        : 264
Flags         : 0x00000000
Severity      : Fatal

Error         : DCACHEL1_DRD_ERR (Proc 4 Bank 0)
  Status      : 0xb67b2000ca000135
  Address     : 0x0000000014af9c50
  Misc.       : 0x0000000000000000
The WHEA error structure points to an error caused by the Level 1 Cache, although, the error was sourced from a MCE which means the CPU detected an error and then reported it to the operating system, hence the reason for the WHEA 0x124 bugcheck being caused.

Please upload/update your System Specifications using:Please include the model and brand of your computer.
My computer is self built, so no model or brand. In China here, as I said, so probably a bit dodgy. Please advise! I updated (most of) my 'system specs', although the system info tool + the tutorial are a bit tricky to figure out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jan 2013   #6
x BlueRobot

 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jan 2013   #7
dasnowflake

windows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by x BlueRobot View Post
can you please help me without genuine advantage? this problem is driving me crazy and stopping me from being able to work!!!

"The main problem actually seems to be from halmacpi.ddl - you have several 0x124 errors - which shows it is a definite hardware failure."
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jan 2013   #8
x BlueRobot

 

Quote:
4) No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations.
You still haven't posted the report, which leads me to believe you are definitely running a counterfeit Windows 7, you may be leaving yourself open to security exploits from malicious software and a range of crashes such as BSODs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jan 2013   #9
dasnowflake

windows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by x BlueRobot View Post
Quote:
4) No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations.
You still haven't posted the report, which leads me to believe you are definitely running a counterfeit Windows 7, you may be leaving yourself open to security exploits from malicious software and a range of crashes such as BSODs.
i'm using a counterfeit version of windows. can't you just please take the 1-5 minutes and decide what part of the hardware is malfunctioning, so I can go get my hardware replaced???? i live in China, every windows is pirated here...

i use this computer for my job, but its so hard to communicate with the local people, if i don't know what specifically is wrong with my computer they will replace everything

iloveyoubluerobot
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jan 2013   #10
x BlueRobot

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dasnowflake View Post
But my whole family in Canada owns legit copies, please help!
You could always get a family member to send over a legal copy of Windows, or could always order a installation from the Internet.

None of your hardware may even be faulty, it could be a 'false positive' due to counterfeit installation, I don't think you understand that running a counterfeit Windows installation can also leave you very vulnerable to malicous attacks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 BSOD: stop error while running specific programs, I moved recently?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD When running to many programs, error DRIVER IQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL
Hello, I attached the necessary ZIP file. I have had a few BSOD and I notice they happen when I am running chrome+itunes+league of legends, etc normally around 4-5 programs. I will hear a skipping noise as an indicator that the BSOD will occur soon then it comes if I do not cut down on the amount...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Random, after Win7 boot. No programs running. Error Bugchk 0x124
Hey this is my first post, I've read most of the instructions on posting and hope I've done it right. This is the second computer I've built in about a week that is having this same BSOD. I am new to debugging so I'd like to know if I've come to the proper conclusion. I'm using WinDbg x64 to...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD running Verifier: FLTMGR.sys Stop error 0x000000D3 and more
Hello SF While I always get BSOD running verifier; and it usually stalls on fltmgr.sys with error code 0x000000D3, this is not the only issue. I was getting about 3 BSOD a day for various reasons so I finally decided it was time to get serious. Up till then I had done some of the usual things...
BSOD Help and Support
Programs stop running a few seconds after startup
I'm experiencing pretty much the same problem this user described: Windows 7 programs not working - Windows 7 - Windows 7 After the desktop is initialized, startup programs would seem to start loading at first, but then will all hang. Seemingly half the drivers don't load, and when I try...
General Discussion
BSOD Stop: 0x00000124; started recently always crashes without warning
Heya. This is my first post on SF so I'm hoping I'm summed it up right.. Starting about two days ago (with the pre-release of Guild Wars 2) my computer has started crashing randomly to Bluescreens (no message other than being Stop: 0x00000124) without warning when I run games. This hasn't...
BSOD Help and Support
How do I stop recently opened programs sticking to the start menu?
Hi, I like a clean start menu and the only thing I have on it is Mozilla Firefox. Whenever I open a program, it automatically appears on it and I have to manually remove it, it's really annoying. Is there any way of stopping things automatically going there? Here's an example; I have Mozilla...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:19.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App