Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: BSOD after using any torrent downloader for more than 10 minutes

14 Apr 2013   #11

Win 7 Premium SP1, 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by carwiz View Post
I'm seeing a lot odd drivers that are normally associated with a server. Are you trying to use your laptop as a server? Some of the drivers come from a Microsoft service toolkit for servers. This may be part of Lenovo's software but I can't see this for a laptop.

Check the setting under Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features on/off (in the left pane). Make sure the highlighted items in the picture below are cleared then restart.

Also, there's no sense trying to debug your PC without the correct drivers installed for your system. It appears your data store is corrupt also--That or the drivers you loaded are not for your system. Could be why you are having a problem with updates too.

Finish the SFC and lets see what we have.
The items you highlighted were already unchecked.
I have been having problems backing up my computer with backup and recovery within Windows 7, I did manage to make one with WD Backup though. If I remember correctly, I used an old Seagate partition program to retrieve all of my files and then I ran the Lenovo Backup and had a fresh install. I don't know why there would be incorrect drivers. Also, I ran the SFC Scan and nothing was found.

If debugging is useless without the correct drivers, should I try to get the right ones? If so, which ones are wrong? Any more suggestions?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Apr 2013   #12

Windows 7 Pro-x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ziojoe View Post
You have two AV real-time monitors running. Un-install the McAfee AV and keep MSE. After the removal, reboot your PC. McAfee is known to cause memory address problems. (And so is running two AVs at once.)
Mcafee came pre-installed, but I thought I uninstalled it, but it definitely shouldn't be running. Moreover I can't find it under programs on PC anywhere. Any suggestions.
The dump you provided shows McAfee and MSE running. Does it show up in installed programs?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2013   #13

Win 7 Premium SP1, 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by carwiz View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ziojoe View Post
You have two AV real-time monitors running. Un-install the McAfee AV and keep MSE. After the removal, reboot your PC. McAfee is known to cause memory address problems. (And so is running two AVs at once.)
Mcafee came pre-installed, but I thought I uninstalled it, but it definitely shouldn't be running. Moreover I can't find it under programs on PC anywhere. Any suggestions.
The dump you provided shows McAfee and MSE running. Does it show up in installed programs?
It does not show up under installed programs. Is there any other way to look for it? I found some of the folders under programs(x86) but no actual program, just some scripts and a temp folder.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


14 Apr 2013   #14

Win 7 Premium SP1, 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ziojoe View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by carwiz View Post
I'm seeing a lot odd drivers that are normally associated with a server. Are you trying to use your laptop as a server? Some of the drivers come from a Microsoft service toolkit for servers. This may be part of Lenovo's software but I can't see this for a laptop.

Check the setting under Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features on/off (in the left pane). Make sure the highlighted items in the picture below are cleared then restart.

Also, there's no sense trying to debug your PC without the correct drivers installed for your system. It appears your data store is corrupt also--That or the drivers you loaded are not for your system. Could be why you are having a problem with updates too.

Finish the SFC and lets see what we have.
The items you highlighted were already unchecked.
I have been having problems backing up my computer with backup and recovery within Windows 7, I did manage to make one with WD Backup though. If I remember correctly, I used an old Seagate partition program to retrieve all of my files and then I ran the Lenovo Backup and had a fresh install. I don't know why there would be incorrect drivers. Also, I ran the SFC Scan and nothing was found.

If debugging is useless without the correct drivers, should I try to get the right ones? If so, which ones are wrong? Any more suggestions?
Also I forgot to mention that I am not using my laptop as a server and although I had a problem with updates, it has since been resolved. Never knew why it suddenly worked though Oh and until I was reading your forums a couple of weeks ago I had Avast, and then switched to WSE
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2013   #15

Windows 7 Pro-x64
 
 

Use the linked procedure to do a Clean Install of Windows 7. You'll want the ISO for Home Premium x64 that matches the key on the bottom of your laptop. This will also eliminate all the Lenovo "Bloatware" on your system.

After the clean install, do a manual update of Windows. After the update, install MSE and turn on Windows firewall. Don't load any 3rd party software until the updates are complete and MSE AV is updated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2013   #16

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

ziojoe I agree with carwiz post #15. That will be your best bet; Clean install.
I went back again to your post #1 and McAfee is on your computer.
It's on you computer big time. I don't understand why you can't find it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2013   #17

Win 7 Premium SP1, 64Bit
 
 

I will have to spend some time backing everything up on my computer before I do this, but I will give it a go this week and get back and reply either way to let you know how it went. Thanks

ps any suggestions on how to do it quickly.

I'm thinking I just need my email files, documents and bookmarks.

Luckily I haven't done a whole lot since my last install, so it shouldn't take too long.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2013   #18

Win 7 Premium SP1, 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by carwiz View Post
Use the linked procedure to do a Clean Install of Windows 7. You'll want the ISO for Home Premium x64 that matches the key on the bottom of your laptop. This will also eliminate all the Lenovo "Bloatware" on your system.

After the clean install, do a manual update of Windows. After the update, install MSE and turn on Windows firewall. Don't load any 3rd party software until the updates are complete and MSE AV is updated.
none of the keys match my key, how similar does it have to be? will any with x16-xxxxx be okay?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2013   #19

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

those are the names of the iso, not keys. Pick one that is the same as your system, ex: Windows 7 Ultimate.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2013   #20

Win 7 Premium SP1, 64Bit
 
 

is it safe to say that my lenovo partitions will be useless and that any lenovo software will not exist after a fresh install?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD after using any torrent downloader for more than 10 minutes





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD after using any torrent downloader for more than 10 minutes
Thread Forum
BSOD while using bit torrent. BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Memory Management when using torrent downloader BSOD Help and Support
Solved BSOD while using torrent bccode c5 BSOD Help and Support
Torrent leads to BSOD BSOD Help and Support
BSOD when torrent works BSOD Help and Support
Getting BSOD everytime I use a torrent :/ BSOD Help and Support
windows7 BSOD using torrent BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33