Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD random on new build

16 May 2013   #11
philparker

Hertfordshire (United Kingdom)
 
 

Have you tried using an old graphics driver?
Maybe it could actually be a hardware fault on one of your new parts, if you have old parts try replacing part by part too see if the problem goes away


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 May 2013   #12
x BlueRobot

 

Code:
3: kd> !sysinfo machineid
Machine ID Information [From Smbios 2.7, DMIVersion 39, Size=3958]
BiosMajorRelease = 4
BiosMinorRelease = 6
BiosVendor = American Megatrends Inc.
BiosVersion = 0908
BiosReleaseDate = 11/16/2012
SystemManufacturer = System manufacturer
SystemProductName = System Product Name
SystemFamily = To be filled by O.E.M.
SystemVersion = System Version
SystemSKU = SKU
BaseBoardManufacturer = ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoardProduct = P8Z77-V LK
BaseBoardVersion = Rev X.0x
Have you checked for a BIOS update for your motherboard?

I wasn't able to extract much information at all from the dump file, the !irp and the !irpfind extensions seem to not able to display any information about the address of the displayed irp address in the dump file, this may be due to the fact that Minidumps only guarantee that the registers for the CPU and the stack trace are kept.

I will request for some additional help.

Code:
fffff880`063d7bb0  fffff880`015c4870 rdyboost!SmdGlobals+0x1510
I noticed a call within the raw stack text to the readyboost driver, are you using readyboost by any chance?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 May 2013   #13
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

How about we try this. Go into bios, make sure you know what the mode (IDE, AHCI) the sata controller is set to. Set Optimized defaults (F5) then set the sata controller in the same mode it is in right now, set the ram frequency, timings and voltage to the manufacturers specs which can be found on a sticker on the stick of ram. Set the boot order with CD/DVD as 1st boot device and the hard drive as 2nd boot device. Save and exit. Download and install CPUz and post screenshots of the mainboard tab, memory tab and SPD tab (Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums) also download GPUz and post a screenshot of the main page and the sensor tab. With all these programs, be careful about the 'nasties' they want you to download with them. Also download Core Temp to monitor the CPU temps. We will start there with the hardware. Hardware can be very time consuming to check, but it can also solve a multitude of problems. Assuming there is nothing in the above that sticks out, we will probably want memtest86+ next. You need to run each stick in each slot seperately for 8 passes or until you get an error. What we are checking is the ram as well as the dimm slots on the board. You may want to read RAM - Test with Memtest86+. Also, in bios look at the hardware monitor and tell us the values of the +12v, +5V and +3.3V.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 May 2013   #14
Hector45

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by x BlueRobot View Post
Code:
3: kd> !sysinfo machineid
Machine ID Information [From Smbios 2.7, DMIVersion 39, Size=3958]
BiosMajorRelease = 4
BiosMinorRelease = 6
BiosVendor = American Megatrends Inc.
BiosVersion = 0908
BiosReleaseDate = 11/16/2012
SystemManufacturer = System manufacturer
SystemProductName = System Product Name
SystemFamily = To be filled by O.E.M.
SystemVersion = System Version
SystemSKU = SKU
BaseBoardManufacturer = ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoardProduct = P8Z77-V LK
BaseBoardVersion = Rev X.0x
Have you checked for a BIOS update for your motherboard?

I wasn't able to extract much information at all from the dump file, the !irp and the !irpfind extensions seem to not able to display any information about the address of the displayed irp address in the dump file, this may be due to the fact that Minidumps only guarantee that the registers for the CPU and the stack trace are kept.

I will request for some additional help.

Code:
fffff880`063d7bb0  fffff880`015c4870 rdyboost!SmdGlobals+0x1510
I noticed a call within the raw stack text to the readyboost driver, are you using readyboost by any chance?
Hmm, how do i check to see if readyboost is running?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
How about we try this. Go into bios, make sure you know what the mode (IDE, AHCI) the sata controller is set to. Set Optimized defaults (F5) then set the sata controller in the same mode it is in right now, set the ram frequency, timings and voltage to the manufacturers specs which can be found on a sticker on the stick of ram. Set the boot order with CD/DVD as 1st boot device and the hard drive as 2nd boot device. Save and exit. Download and install CPUz and post screenshots of the mainboard tab, memory tab and SPD tab (Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums) also download GPUz and post a screenshot of the main page and the sensor tab. With all these programs, be careful about the 'nasties' they want you to download with them. Also download Core Temp to monitor the CPU temps. We will start there with the hardware. Hardware can be very time consuming to check, but it can also solve a multitude of problems. Assuming there is nothing in the above that sticks out, we will probably want memtest86+ next. You need to run each stick in each slot seperately for 8 passes or until you get an error. What we are checking is the ram as well as the dimm slots on the board. You may want to read RAM - Test with Memtest86+. Also, in bios look at the hardware monitor and tell us the values of the +12v, +5V and +3.3V.
Wow, looks like i got my work cut out for me, I will get on this asap and post results, thanks for the suggestions guys!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 May 2013   #15
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

There is a bios update for your board. Version 1001 which can be downloaded at ASUS - P8Z77-V LK
While you are there, please check the other drivers and make sure you have the latest version. Also, are you installed in UEFI mode or Legacy mode? If you don't mind please post a screenshot of disk management. Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

I know this sounds like a lot, but other than memtest86, it isn't. Memtest86 can take a couple of days to run correctly, the rest of the stuff can be done in a few minutes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 May 2013   #16
Vir Gnarus

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

BlueRobot hit it on the nail. The hotfix he presented resolves a case identical to what you're dealing with.

Quote:
This issue occurs because of a race condition that is caused by a reference counting on lease.
Code:
STACK_TEXT:  
fffff880`031939c8 fffff800`0307680c : 00000000`00000044 fffffa80`0b0e3010 00000000`00001d7b 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`031939d0 fffff880`03b8f0ec : fffff880`03b9fd00 00000000`00000000 00000000`6c32534c 00000000`000003db : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x31cdc
fffff880`03193a10 fffff880`03b928fc : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`03193b10 fffffa80`078c3020 fffff880`03b93016 : srv2!Smb2FreeResponseBufferForAsyncCall+0x1c
fffff880`03193a40 fffff880`03b92c47 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`078c3020 fffffa80`078c3020 fffff880`03b96961 : srv2!Smb2LeaseFree+0x9c
fffff880`03193a70 fffff880`03b8b5f4 : 01ce41d4`90fb3f35 01ce41d4`90fb3f35 fffff800`03270200 fffffa80`078c3020 : srv2!Smb2DereferenceLease+0xa7
fffff880`03193af0 fffff800`030d4251 : fffff880`03b84000 fffff800`03270280 fffffa80`066e6040 00000000`00000002 : srv2! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x4192
fffff880`03193b70 fffff800`03368ede : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`066e6040 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`066d3b30 : nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x111
fffff880`03193c00 fffff800`030bb906 : fffff880`02fd7180 fffffa80`066e6040 fffff880`02fe1fc0 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`03193c40 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`03194000 fffff880`0318e000 fffff880`03193760 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x16
Now to apply the patch. When you grabbed the hotfix, it should be an exe. Run it, and it'll ask you where to extract it. Extract it to a folder, then go to that folder and it should have an .msu file or two, which you can run to apply the hotfix. Remember to restart the PC afterwards.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 May 2013   #17
Hector45

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Vir Gnarus View Post
BlueRobot hit it on the nail. The hotfix he presented resolves a case identical to what you're dealing with.

Quote:
This issue occurs because of a race condition that is caused by a reference counting on lease.
Code:
STACK_TEXT:  
fffff880`031939c8 fffff800`0307680c : 00000000`00000044 fffffa80`0b0e3010 00000000`00001d7b 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`031939d0 fffff880`03b8f0ec : fffff880`03b9fd00 00000000`00000000 00000000`6c32534c 00000000`000003db : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x31cdc
fffff880`03193a10 fffff880`03b928fc : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`03193b10 fffffa80`078c3020 fffff880`03b93016 : srv2!Smb2FreeResponseBufferForAsyncCall+0x1c
fffff880`03193a40 fffff880`03b92c47 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`078c3020 fffffa80`078c3020 fffff880`03b96961 : srv2!Smb2LeaseFree+0x9c
fffff880`03193a70 fffff880`03b8b5f4 : 01ce41d4`90fb3f35 01ce41d4`90fb3f35 fffff800`03270200 fffffa80`078c3020 : srv2!Smb2DereferenceLease+0xa7
fffff880`03193af0 fffff800`030d4251 : fffff880`03b84000 fffff800`03270280 fffffa80`066e6040 00000000`00000002 : srv2! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x4192
fffff880`03193b70 fffff800`03368ede : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`066e6040 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`066d3b30 : nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x111
fffff880`03193c00 fffff800`030bb906 : fffff880`02fd7180 fffffa80`066e6040 fffff880`02fe1fc0 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`03193c40 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`03194000 fffff880`0318e000 fffff880`03193760 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x16
Now to apply the patch. When you grabbed the hotfix, it should be an exe. Run it, and it'll ask you where to extract it. Extract it to a folder, then go to that folder and it should have an .msu file or two, which you can run to apply the hotfix. Remember to restart the PC afterwards.
Thanks alot, I had a feeling it didn't install. I was able to extract it to desktop and fin the .msu file you were talking about. So it has been installed and restarted, I'm also going to install the bios update and will wait to see what happens. Thanks again guys for all the help!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 May 2013   #18
x BlueRobot

 

Welcome, hope it resolves the issue.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 May 2013   #19
Vir Gnarus

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

Btw, BlueRobot, I believe since Win7, ReadyBoost has been merged into Superfetch; in Vista Readyboost used Superfetch but was a separate entity. It's not unusual to see it show up in callstacks nowadays, even though it may not actually be doing Readyboost stuff. Read the whole stack, and if the function names or USB-related modules are showing up, most likely it's running Readyboost, otherwise it's probably just some Superfetch stuff.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 May 2013   #20
x BlueRobot

 

Thanks Vir
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD random on new build




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Random BSOD on a new build
Hey Everybody. Been Having some bad Bsod on a new 3 days old pc. I Sometimes get ntkornel.sys, dxdiag,ntfs. After formating and reinstalling windows I got win32k.sys. After reinstalling the windows i've decieded to put my PC in a lab they've had it now for 4 days(Im writing from my laptop) and...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD on new build
Hi I just built a new computer for a friend but the BSOD keeps crashing his computer (mostly during games). Attached are the zipped system reports and memory dumps hopefully it helps. I have already gone to both amd and biostar to get the latest drivers but it still hasn't helped. Specs CPU...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD on new build
Hi, I have a new custom built computer put together by someone I work with. I have been plagued with problems and I think it's hardware related. I got my friend to reinstall Windows but it crashed several times before install completed. He said he tried on my SSD and Samsung HD but still the same...
BSOD Help and Support
New build! Keep getting random BSOD!
I recently build a new computer and installed windows 7. I keep getting random BSOD though. I have reinstalled windows already and ran a memory test. I also tried using driver verifier but whenever I enable it windows automatically gets a BSOD. I have no idea what to do after that so I just restore...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSoD on new build.
Hi guys First time here,never had this happen before on a build. Put this machine together last week installed OS(retail version 64bit win 7 Pro),after install started getting BSoDs randomly. After much frustration I did a fresh install and all was looking good for a couple of days until I...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD new build!!!!!!why!?!
My 3 month old build is periodically crashing. i have tested the ram with memstest and no errors i have also updated my motherboards bios to the latest version & still no help i have updated to latest video card drivers im not sure whats causing the issues? if i had to guess i was thinking...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App