Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD after restart, unmountable boot error 0x000000ED

17 Apr 2013   #41
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jclark View Post
hi DrPikachu64
The problem is with your software not with hardware. wither you have installed some software that is not compatible with your system. as far as i know your software is not boosting up know. You should contract a tech support guy for this problem.
Please explain why you're so sure about that.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Apr 2013   #42
DrPikachu64

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Attachment 264474
Sorry, I had to put it in a .zip file. Otherwise it exceeds the .txt file size limit.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2013   #43
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DrPikachu64 View Post
Attachment 264474
Sorry, I had to put it in a .zip file. Otherwise it exceeds the .txt file size limit.
This is all I found:

00003e0a [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
00003e0b [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"Garden.jpg" of Microsoft-Windows-Mail-App, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
00003e0c [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"Garden.jpg" of Microsoft-Windows-Mail-App, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
00003e0d [SR] This component was referenced by [l:242{121}]"Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514.Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Update"
00003e0e [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:122{61}]"\??\C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery"\[l:20{10}]"Garden.jpg"; source file in store is also corrupted
00003e10 [SR] Verify complete
00003e11 [SR] Repairing 1 components
00003e12 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
00003e13 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"Garden.jpg" of Microsoft-Windows-Mail-App, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
00003e14 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"Garden.jpg" of Microsoft-Windows-Mail-App, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
00003e15 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:242{121}]"Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514.Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Update"
00003e16 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:122{61}]"\??\C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery"\[l:20{10}]"Garden.jpg"; source file in store is also corrupted
00003e18 [SR] Repair complete
=============

So only Garden.jpg (a jpeg picture) used as staionary for windows mail is missing. Not important at all! You most likely never use that stanionary at all. And is is definitely not the cause of boot problems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Apr 2013   #44
DrPikachu64

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

No, I do not use it. I didn't even know it was there to begin with.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2013   #45
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

You can copy Garden.jpg from a working machine form folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery

put on stick and copy to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery on sick machine.
sfc command will fix the problem then. run sfc again and no more errors.

start repair only fixes 1 error at a time. But since sfc check is the last test startup repair does... repairing the sfc problem doesn't force it to check more things.

So .. "startup repair" actually finds no errors. And that's correct.... system is actually booting.

What happens exactly if you try booting to "safe mode"? You see all drivers loading (ending with CLASSPNP.SYS)? You see login screen? You can enter username/password? What happens next. Please exactly
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2013   #46
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DrPikachu64 View Post
Attachment 264474
Sorry, I had to put it in a .zip file. Otherwise it exceeds the .txt file size limit.
This is all I found:

00003e0a [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
00003e0b [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"Garden.jpg" of Microsoft-Windows-Mail-App, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
00003e0c [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"Garden.jpg" of Microsoft-Windows-Mail-App, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
00003e0d [SR] This component was referenced by [l:242{121}]"Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514.Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Update"
00003e0e [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:122{61}]"\??\C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery"\[l:20{10}]"Garden.jpg"; source file in store is also corrupted
00003e10 [SR] Verify complete
00003e11 [SR] Repairing 1 components
00003e12 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
00003e13 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"Garden.jpg" of Microsoft-Windows-Mail-App, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
00003e14 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"Garden.jpg" of Microsoft-Windows-Mail-App, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
00003e15 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:242{121}]"Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514.Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Update"
00003e16 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:122{61}]"\??\C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery"\[l:20{10}]"Garden.jpg"; source file in store is also corrupted
00003e18 [SR] Repair complete
=============

So only Garden.jpg (a jpeg picture) used as staionary for windows mail is missing. Not important at all! You most likely never use that stanionary at all. And is is definitely not the cause of boot problems.
see attachment
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2013   #47
DrPikachu64

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 


Code:
copy "e:\garden.jpg" "c:\programfiles\commonfiles\microsoftshared\stationary"
"The system cannot find the path specified.
0 file(s) copied."
I'm doing something wrong again.

Found my problem. Spelling error...[/facepalm]

Now with the sfc command, do I use "verifyfile" or another command?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2013   #48
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DrPikachu64 View Post

Code:
copy "e:\garden.jpg" "c:\programfiles\commonfiles\microsoftshared\stationary"
"The system cannot find the path specified.
0 file(s) copied."
I'm doing something wrong again.

Found my problem. Spelling error...[/facepalm]

Now with the sfc command, do I use "verifyfile" or another command?
just do:
Code:
sfc  /scannow  /offbootdir=c:\  /offwindir=c:\windows
If it reports no integrity errors.. it's fine. If not run it again.
It found no integrity errors after second run?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2013   #49
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

unmountable boot error 0x000000ED. This was the initial problem. But did startup repair fix it. Or chkdsk? You didn't take notice of what it did fix... we don't know what was wrong. Volume C has some severe errors... most likely fixed by chkdsk (startup repair does [almost] the same).

startup repair=>no errors anymore (except sfc)
chkdsk=>disk is fine now

sfc gives only 1 problem.... not related to boot problems. System actually boots fine until logon.
Did you try to logon as another user already?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2013   #50
DrPikachu64

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

I only have one user on there, except for the Guest account (which is disabled).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD after restart, unmountable boot error 0x000000ED




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD bootup & safe mode win7 0x000000ED error unmountable boot volume
Hope someone can help me out. I have a acer e525 Win7 im getting this error on the bsod - UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME some text then STOP: 0x000000ED (0xFFFFFA800270ECD0, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000185, 0X000000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000) When i boot up it bsods and in safe mode too (tried all options in...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD at startup, error 0x000000ED unmountable boot volume
Hi guys. Had this error yesterday after starting the computer. Did a startup repair but it didnt fix it. Can't boot into safe mode. Right now doing startup repair again. Any suggestions? Is it likely a problem with the hard drive?
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Error - Unmountable Boot Volume
I’m hoping someone can help me find a way to repair the hard drive for my wife’s <one-year-old HP Pavilion dm1 laptop so we can recover her data… at this point in time the partition on the drive is inaccessible (to me at least). Here’s a brief rundown of the scenario. On Saturday morning my...
BSOD Help and Support
Unmountable Boot Volume BSOD 0x000000ED
Laptop : Acer Aspire 5942G OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit (OEM) CPU: Intel Core i7 Q 720 @ 1.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.6GHz Memory:
BSOD Help and Support
Unmountable Boot Volume Error
I've had my Toshiba Satellite L655D - 011 for less than 6 months. I've never really had problems with it that i couldn't fix until today. So I restarted my computer because it was doing something funny with my msn. I always leave my msn appear offline, but for some reason it kept randomly...
BSOD Help and Support
Unmountable Boot Volume error
Hi guys, first of all like to say great forum, I just hope you can help. I turned on my laptop this morning to find that when windows was loading it went for ages then restarted, I then went into the menu to select safe mode, restart with the last known settings that worked etc and nothing...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App