Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: New Guy here with BSOD ;)


28 Apr 2013   #11

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
 
 

Hey Bill, I've gone through your dumps and would note the analysis exactly posted by Arc.
Let us know if your system is stable after making those changes!

Best of Luck!

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Apr 2013   #12

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Thanks you two Don't be offended if I am a bad patient and only try part of what you suggest I am not wont to remove Comodo or Avast. I'd rather keep them and have an occasional problem. If the problem gets to be regular, I'd consider it. I'll look into the rest, thanks for the thorough analysis, I'll keep you updated. A Guy

P.S. Arc, the picture was of the BSOD that stuck and wouldn't reboot, as I mentioned. Had to power down with the power button, and I assume no dump was created because of it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2013   #13
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Thanks you two Don't be offended if I am a bad patient and only try part of what you suggest I am not wont to remove Comodo or Avast. I'd rather keep them and have an occasional problem. If the problem gets to be regular, I'd consider it. I'll look into the rest, thanks for the thorough analysis, I'll keep you updated. A Guy

P.S. Arc, the picture was of the BSOD that stuck and wouldn't reboot, as I mentioned. Had to power down with the power button, and I assume no dump was created because of it.
Dont worry, Bill
We already know that you will not uninstall Comodo and Avast But time will come
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Apr 2013   #14

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Well, that was fun (not your fault). Realtek driver caused no internet. Several different BSOD after while trying to do system restore. Restored an Acronis image I made earlier today. So back where I started again. Realized chkdsk was trying to run as I tried to get into safe mode. Booted into windows, let chkdsk run. Reinstalled latest version of Acronis 2010, renamed the tdrpm258.sys Ken mentioned. Will attempt the drivers again. BTW, yes my SSD has latest firmware. A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2013   #15
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Well, that was fun (not your fault). Realtek driver caused no internet. Several different BSOD after while trying to do system restore. Restored an Acronis image I made earlier today. So back where I started again. Realized chkdsk was trying to run as I tried to get into safe mode. Booted into windows, let chkdsk run. Reinstalled latest version of Acronis 2010, renamed the tdrpm258.sys Ken mentioned. Will attempt the drivers again. BTW, yes my SSD has latest firmware. A Guy
OMG
Which one you took? This one I guess?
Windows 7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Auto Installation Program (SID:1568649) : 2013/3/26
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2013   #16

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Well, that was fun (not your fault). Realtek driver caused no internet. Several different BSOD after while trying to do system restore. Restored an Acronis image I made earlier today. So back where I started again. Realized chkdsk was trying to run as I tried to get into safe mode. Booted into windows, let chkdsk run. Reinstalled latest version of Acronis 2010, renamed the tdrpm258.sys Ken mentioned. Will attempt the drivers again. BTW, yes my SSD has latest firmware. A Guy
OMG
Which one you took? This one I guess?
Windows 7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Auto Installation Program (SID:1568649) : 2013/3/26
Yeah, tried that one again, used the silent installer.bat. Can you confirm it updated it?

Attachment 265841

Thanks

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2013   #17
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Bill are you running Avast with Commodo A/V?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2013   #18
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

Yes, Bill. The driver is up to date now
Code:
RTL8167      Realtek 8167 NT Driver Kernel        3/3/2013 11:25:55 PM
The date difference between the release date and timestrap is totally normal.

Is it connected to network rightly now?

For any further issue, all your friends are here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2013   #19

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Bill are you running Avast with Commodo A/V?
No, Comodo Firewall

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Yes, Bill. The driver is up to date now
Code:
RTL8167      Realtek 8167 NT Driver Kernel        3/3/2013 11:25:55 PM
The date difference between the release date and timestrap is totally normal.

Is it connected to network rightly now?

For any further issue, all your friends are here.
Yes, connected no problem. Thanks, updated both drivers, and finally updated to the latest Comodo firewall. Get 340/340 on firewall leak test now. Stealth at Shields Up. With these changes, we'll see how it goes. Appreciate your time and expertise

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2013   #20
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

Ok Bill
Let us know the updated situation when you like
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 New Guy here with BSOD ;)




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33