Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Win 7 hangs on Welcome screen on Acer Netbook

03 May 2013   #1
hasbriale

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 (32 bit)
 
 
Win 7 hangs on Welcome screen on Acer Netbook

Hi,

On Wednesday, I used my Acer Aspire One D270 Netbook for close to 5 hours with Internet and it ran fine.

I decided to turn it off during lunch and after 30 minutes it refused to log me back in..

Win 7 (ultimate 32 bit) hangs on Welcome screen, going around in circles.. Did hard reboot but didnt help..

I even received an error which did not even let me log on but I rebooted again and it went away..

Suprisingly the Netbook which is meant to run Win 7 has Windows Xp in C: drive. It didnt load there either..

Did some think back and suspected ESET Smart Security version 3.0 update which I did may be the problem, managed to get to safe mode and restarted. This time netbook loaded after a while at the Welcome screen, but was as slow as a snail. After over 1 hour of uninstall time I removed ESET Smart Security version 3.0.

Restarted netbook and the battery drained after 30-45 minutes while still Win 7 still hanged on Welcome screen..

What could be the problem? I have seen other threads but most are for PC.. This is a netbook , is that a problem? Any issue with hardware/OS/Memory or Graphics?

What else should I try out?

Thanks for any suggestions.. Please spare the sarcasm.. This is my only access to Internet.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 May 2013   #2
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

So it can dual boot between winxp and win7, and winxp has problems as well? winxp worked before without issues?
With welcome screen you mean the win7 fireflies animation? It keeps animating all the time... but NEVER gets any further?

A netbook is just a small laptop.. so just a type of pc.

But you can enter safe mode without issues?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2013   #3
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by hasbriale View Post
Hi,

On Wednesday, I used my Acer Aspire One D270 Netbook for close to 5 hours with Internet and it ran fine.

I decided to turn it off during lunch and after 30 minutes it refused to log me back in..

Win 7 (ultimate 32 bit) hangs on Welcome screen, going around in circles.. Did hard reboot but didnt help..

I even received an error which did not even let me log on but I rebooted again and it went away..

Suprisingly the Netbook which is meant to run Win 7 has Windows Xp in C: drive. It didnt load there either..

Did some think back and suspected ESET Smart Security version 3.0 update which I did may be the problem, managed to get to safe mode and restarted. This time netbook loaded after a while at the Welcome screen, but was as slow as a snail. After over 1 hour of uninstall time I removed ESET Smart Security version 3.0.

Restarted netbook and the battery drained after 30-45 minutes while still Win 7 still hanged on Welcome screen..

What could be the problem? I have seen other threads but most are for PC.. This is a netbook , is that a problem? Any issue with hardware/OS/Memory or Graphics?

What else should I try out?

Thanks for any suggestions.. Please spare the sarcasm.. This is my only access to Internet.
So you did install ESET smart security between last succesfull boot and before lunch? Try System Restore
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


03 May 2013   #4
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Try to uninstall ESET normally. Afterwards How do I manually uninstall my Windows ESET security product? - ESET Knowledgebase to remove all traces of the software.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2013   #5
hasbriale

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 (32 bit)
 
 
Win 7 hangs on Welcome screen on Acer Netbook Reply to Thread

Okay..

I did go into Safe Mode on Win 7 but it too took a while to get there.

Win xp did not load at all after this incident, I can try again tonight..

I will try booting Win 7 normally.. and try booting Win Xp as well..

At best I can try eliminating, Software/Drivers and then check..

Worst fears can be hardware if the problem is both with XP and Win 7..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2013   #6
hasbriale

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 (32 bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Try to uninstall ESET normally. Afterwards How do I manually uninstall my Windows ESET security product? - ESET Knowledgebase to remove all traces of the software.
ESET Uninstalled! Already..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2013   #7
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by hasbriale View Post
Okay..
Win xp did not load at all after this incident, I can try again tonight..
Any errors?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2013   #8
hasbriale

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 (32 bit)
 
 

I didnt see one but it simply rebooted .. must have given up...

I will try some troubleshooting in 2 hours from now...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2013   #9
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by hasbriale View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Try to uninstall ESET normally. Afterwards How do I manually uninstall my Windows ESET security product? - ESET Knowledgebase to remove all traces of the software.
ESET Uninstalled! Already..
Install it totally!! Although I don't think ESET is the problem if you have a faulty winxp and win7. WinXP doesn't even have ESET update installed I assume.

Are winxp and win7 on same physical disk?

Is everything just running very slow, but doesn't give you any error message? In that case... is harddisk light flashing most of the time, or is the harddisk light off?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2013   #10
hasbriale

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 (32 bit)
 
 

Humm. Win XP has ESET installed as well, but havent used XP lately except once during this incident..

XP and Win 7 are on the same disc.. My Netbook only has Power light.. No light for HDD.

Everything is so slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..............
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Win 7 hangs on Welcome screen on Acer Netbook




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Cannot Use My Netbook As Flashing Screen At Login Just Hangs
I have a LenovoX121e Netbook, it has no CD/DVD drive. Recently it's been suffering from Pop-Ups, even though in Firefox I had block enabled. Anyway I guesssed it was some malware so ran both AVG Malwarebytes and Super-AntiSpyware, the only find was some PUPS related bugs, which I deleted. The...
General Discussion
Acer netbook/Windows 7 32 bit...Screen brightness problem ?
Hi, I have a problem with the screen brightness constantly dimming itself...it doesn`t matter which power setting I try or which route I go down...whenever re-setting,the tab just moves itself back down to the lowest setting...sometimes it stays bright for around an hour and then once again will...
General Discussion
Acer Netbook BSOD
My wife has a laptop that has of course Windows starter, and it has been having a couple of BSOD'S with it and i was wondering if you could help me resolve the issue. I ran the driver verifier and got a dump out of it, but also there is a dump file before i ran the verifier. Maybe there is...
BSOD Help and Support
Acer Netbook BSOD
Hi all and thanks in advance for any help with this. Computer is my sons Acer Aspire One D255 Netbook. OS: Windows 7 Starter 1gig memory Started getting BSOD in normal mode consistently. Safe Mode was working but after trying the system recovery (which fails), now Safe Mode won't boot...
BSOD Help and Support
Acer netbook BSOD
Sorry if this has been brought up before. My netbook has been BSOD-ing for the past two weeks. It will only let me boot up in safe mode without networking. I believe it's a driver error, but I can't go online to check. Has anyone had similar issues? Cheers, Finn My system details are below:...
BSOD Help and Support
Little tiny Acer netbook
For what ever reason my wife wanted one of these netbooks so I bought one today for her. It is one of those Acer Aspires. At the discounted $280 bucks it was a nice deal and makes her happy. It is cute and very small. What gets me is that she wanted an external drive as these little babies do not...
Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App