Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Recent PC Build. CRASH...CRASH...CRASH


06 May 2013   #1

Windows 7 64 Bit
 
 
Recent PC Build. CRASH...CRASH...CRASH

Okay guys, I'd love some help with some issues I am having. About two months ago I decided to start putting together parts to build my own rig(first time builder here) After scrounging around for a bit and getting the deals I liked I decided to put it all together and make my PC. Since then, Ive been having a lot of issues with errors and PC crashing. Overall I am just looking to resolve these issues and walk away with a bit of knowledge on how to troubleshoot my PC problems.

1st: I am constantly receiving Java crashes(Pandora, Grooveshark, Youtube) periodically throughout the day.
2nd: My graphics will freeze up momentarily when viewing sites such as Youtube, Twitch, and occasionally when playing a game(Starcraft 2)
3rd: Entire system crashes. I will get blue screens 3-4 times a day(within a 4 hour period) Blue screens range from "Bad Pool Header" errors, to "memory Management" error.

Please help guys, I am tired of these PC issues and if anyone could help walk me through the troubleshooting process, I'd greatly appreciate it.



PC Specs: Intel Core i5-3470, Sapphire Radeon HD 7850, Raidmax Atlas ATX-295WB - Panda Power - Flying4Pandas's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 May 2013   #2

Windows 7
 
 

dump files might be needed for further investigation
you can refer to here: BSOD Posting instructions

oh, and welcome I'm also new here
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 May 2013   #3

Windows 7 professional X64
 
 

Check your RAM. Use one stick and see if you are getting isses, if you do, change it for the other stick of ram.
Have you installed your motherboard drivers that came with the motherboard?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


06 May 2013   #4

Windows 7 64 Bit
 
 
Updated!

Thanks cipley, here is my updated thread.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 May 2013   #5

Windows 7 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Erick Aguilar View Post
Check your RAM. Use one stick and see if you are getting isses, if you do, change it for the other stick of ram.
Have you installed your motherboard drivers that came with the motherboard?
I have installed the motherboard drivers. I'm a bit confused by the ram process... you want me to physically remove one stick and see if that is giving me issues, then if it does replace with other?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 May 2013   #6

Windows 7 professional X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Flying4Pandas View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Erick Aguilar View Post
Check your RAM. Use one stick and see if you are getting isses, if you do, change it for the other stick of ram.
Have you installed your motherboard drivers that came with the motherboard?
I have installed the motherboard drivers. I'm a bit confused by the ram process... you want me to physically remove one stick and see if that is giving me issues, then if it does replace with other?
Yes, just be sure to be using one (1) stick of ram only.
Replace with the second one if the first one causes anything.

If the issue persists with both, do a clean reinstall.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 May 2013   #7

Windows 7 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Erick Aguilar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Flying4Pandas View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Erick Aguilar View Post
Check your RAM. Use one stick and see if you are getting isses, if you do, change it for the other stick of ram.
Have you installed your motherboard drivers that came with the motherboard?
I have installed the motherboard drivers. I'm a bit confused by the ram process... you want me to physically remove one stick and see if that is giving me issues, then if it does replace with other?
Yes, just be sure to be using one (1) stick of ram only.
Replace with the second one if the first one causes anything.

If the issue persists with both, do a clean reinstall.
Thank you Erick,

So I went ahead and removed one stick of ram and will see if it persist to crash. When I did remove this one stick and powered up my computer, windows informed me that either memory or cpu has been removed/modified and asked if I want to configure in my bios or proceed to default. I chose the latter selection.

Will keep you updated. Thank you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 May 2013   #8

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Take a look at your motherboard manual and make sure you are installing the ram in the proper slots. Do it only like the manual instructs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 May 2013   #9

Windows 7 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Take a look at your motherboard manual and make sure you are installing the ram in the proper slots. Do it only like the manual instructs.
Hmm, the instructions are pretty technical... but from what I've gathered it seems to be saying that i need to stagger the ram. I did originally do this and problems occurred.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 May 2013   #10

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Motherboards are different. That is why you must use their instruction manual. One should of come with the motherboard or you can find it online and download it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Recent PC Build. CRASH...CRASH...CRASH




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Recent PC Build. CRASH...CRASH...CRASH
Thread Forum
Crash on new PC Full Crash log zipped and included. Driver related? BSOD Help and Support
Minecraft Tekkit Crash (Java 7u5 x64 Crash fault module: awt.dll) Software
Solved Explorer.exe crash recent BSOD Help and Support
Laptop crash no response memory dump crash BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Crash on New Build BSOD Help and Support
Another Crash Win 7 7100 RC 64 Build BSOD Help and Support
Win 7 Build 7137 Crash General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33