Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD constantly after Startup

10 May 2013   #1
iJoeTime

Windows 7 Home 64bit
 
 
BSOD constantly after Startup

Computer is BSODing almost constantly now after startup, ussually within 2-3 minutes. I have had problems BSODing on this computer before, but now it is almost completly unusable... Hoping it doesn't crash before I post this thread.. Ran SF diag tool.. please see attached.

Any help would be extremely appreciated. I am only a few frustrating crashes away from throwing this thing in a hole in the backyard and buying a Mac

Ive already ran the memram test and the others mentioned with no clues yet on whats happening.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 May 2013   #2
cipley

Windows 7
 
 

STOP 0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
Usual causes:
??? (possibly malware)

essential windows process is abruptly terminated, most likely by a malware
in this case, wininit.exe

- Can you boot to windows?
if so, do a clean startup:
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

- Then, uninstall avast!
Code:
Start Menu\Programs\avast! Free Antivirus	Public:Start Menu\Programs\avast! Free Antivirus	Public
Use one of these tools:
Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase

- This startup entry smells fishy....
Code:
swg	"c:\program files (x86)\google\googletoolbarnotifier\googletoolbarnotifier.exe"	iJoeTime-PC\iJoeTime	HKU\S-1-5-21-1131531058-1405917002-818396141-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
proceed to install MSE. update, and do a full scan
Microsoft Security Essentials | Protect against viruses, spyware, and other malware
I see you've got your hands on Malwarebytes. do a full scan from there too

BSOD ANALYSIS
Code:
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa800febeb30, fffffa800febee10, fffff8000357e350}

Probably caused by : wininit.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)
A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been
terminated.
Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the
system; when they are terminated (for any reason), the system can no
longer function.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 May 2013   #3
x BlueRobot

 

Code:
0: kd> !process fffffa800f765b30 3
GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800034fb000
PROCESS fffffa800f765b30
    SessionId: none  Cid: 0240    Peb: 7fffffdc000  ParentCid: 0194
    DirBase: 3b66ca000  ObjectTable: fffff8a000ecdd10  HandleCount: <Data Not Accessible>
    Image: wininit.exe
    VadRoot fffffa800f747cd0 Vads 68 Clone 0 Private 595. Modified 8. Locked 3.
    DeviceMap fffff8a000006090
    Token                             fffff8a004aa6060
    ReadMemory error: Cannot get nt!KeMaximumIncrement value.
fffff78000000000: Unable to get shared data
    ElapsedTime                       00:00:00.000
    UserTime                          00:00:00.000
    KernelTime                        00:00:00.000
    QuotaPoolUsage[PagedPool]         103592
    QuotaPoolUsage[NonPagedPool]      21096
    Working Set Sizes (now,min,max)  (1451, 50, 345) (5804KB, 200KB, 1380KB)
    PeakWorkingSetSize                1451
    VirtualSize                       49 Mb
    PeakVirtualSize                   52 Mb
    PageFaultCount                    1696
    MemoryPriority                    BACKGROUND
    BasePriority                      13
    CommitCharge                      698
The working set for the process, which is the number of pages in virtual memory which have been used recently by the process, has breached the limit for that process which can degrade system performance.

Code:
      Drive: C:
 Free Space: 46.8 GB
Total Space: 171.6 GB
File System: NTFS
      Model: Corsair Force GT ATA Device
The space on your hard-drive seems to getting quite low, I'm not entirely sure if thrashing will occur at this stage.

Could you post a screenshot of your Resource Monitor Memory tab? Make sure the windows is fully maximized.Scan for any malware:You may also want to perform some hard-drive tests, which we can provide you with after completing these steps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 May 2013   #4
Northernsoul55

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Just to add - If you are overclocking please set back to default/stock, any overclocking will
result in decrease in stability.

Code:
 
0: kd> !sysinfo cpuspeed
CPUID:        "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz"
MaxSpeed:     3300
CurrentSpeed: 3310
Cheers

Dave
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 May 2013   #5
iJoeTime

Windows 7 Home 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cipley View Post
STOP 0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
Usual causes:
??? (possibly malware)

essential windows process is abruptly terminated, most likely by a malware
in this case, wininit.exe

- Can you boot to windows?
if so, do a clean startup:
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

- Then, uninstall avast!
Code:
Start Menu\Programs\avast! Free Antivirus	Public:Start Menu\Programs\avast! Free Antivirus	Public
Use one of these tools:
Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase

- This startup entry smells fishy....
Code:
swg	"c:\program files (x86)\google\googletoolbarnotifier\googletoolbarnotifier.exe"	iJoeTime-PC\iJoeTime	HKU\S-1-5-21-1131531058-1405917002-818396141-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
proceed to install MSE. update, and do a full scan
Microsoft Security Essentials | Protect against viruses, spyware, and other malware
I see you've got your hands on Malwarebytes. do a full scan from there too

BSOD ANALYSIS
Code:
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa800febeb30, fffffa800febee10, fffff8000357e350}

Probably caused by : wininit.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)
A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been
terminated.
Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the
system; when they are terminated (for any reason), the system can no
longer function.
Thanks for quick response Cipley. I clean booted, uninstalled Avast and attempted to run MSE full scan but crashed in the middle of it. (although it lasted much longer than previously). Going to try to run a full scan again as well as malware bytes.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by x BlueRobot View Post
Code:
0: kd> !process fffffa800f765b30 3
GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800034fb000
PROCESS fffffa800f765b30
    SessionId: none  Cid: 0240    Peb: 7fffffdc000  ParentCid: 0194
    DirBase: 3b66ca000  ObjectTable: fffff8a000ecdd10  HandleCount: <Data Not Accessible>
    Image: wininit.exe
    VadRoot fffffa800f747cd0 Vads 68 Clone 0 Private 595. Modified 8. Locked 3.
    DeviceMap fffff8a000006090
    Token                             fffff8a004aa6060
    ReadMemory error: Cannot get nt!KeMaximumIncrement value.
fffff78000000000: Unable to get shared data
    ElapsedTime                       00:00:00.000
    UserTime                          00:00:00.000
    KernelTime                        00:00:00.000
    QuotaPoolUsage[PagedPool]         103592
    QuotaPoolUsage[NonPagedPool]      21096
    Working Set Sizes (now,min,max)  (1451, 50, 345) (5804KB, 200KB, 1380KB)
    PeakWorkingSetSize                1451
    VirtualSize                       49 Mb
    PeakVirtualSize                   52 Mb
    PageFaultCount                    1696
    MemoryPriority                    BACKGROUND
    BasePriority                      13
    CommitCharge                      698
The working set for the process, which is the number of pages in virtual memory which have been used recently by the process, has breached the limit for that process which can degrade system performance.

Code:
      Drive: C:
 Free Space: 46.8 GB
Total Space: 171.6 GB
File System: NTFS
      Model: Corsair Force GT ATA Device
The space on your hard-drive seems to getting quite low, I'm not entirely sure if thrashing will occur at this stage.

Could you post a screenshot of your Resource Monitor Memory tab? Make sure the windows is fully maximized.Scan for any malware:You may also want to perform some hard-drive tests, which we can provide you with after completing these steps.
Thanks Blue. How do I check the Resource Monitor Memory tab? Is that the same thing as Performance tab in task manager?
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Northernsoul55 View Post
Just to add - If you are overclocking please set back to default/stock, any overclocking will
result in decrease in stability.

Code:
 
0: kd> !sysinfo cpuspeed
CPUID:        "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz"
MaxSpeed:     3300
CurrentSpeed: 3310
Cheers

Dave
I never overclocked... can this happen by itself? Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 May 2013   #6
x BlueRobot

 

Here's how to access Resource Monitor:
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD constantly after Startup




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Computer reboots on startup constantly
So, this problem has been happening for a while now, I've ignored it but now it's bothersome. So my computer starts out logging on, sometimes it'll take a long time on the splash screen, sometimes it'll freeze on the splash screen, but now more recently, it's just gotten to the splash screen,...
BSOD Help and Support
Bsod's constantly...
about year ago ive installed clean windows 7 ultimate 64bit to my old computer (q6600 , 4gb corsair axeram, radeon 4870 , 64gb corsair nova ssd) and get constant bsods.. allmost everytime error was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA , randomly it was some other error......
BSOD Help and Support
IRQL EQUAL TO OR LESS constantly on startup
Hey guys, Ok here is my problem. I have a custom built pc that is a year old. It has been working fine until today. I had just downloaded a video file and opened it. It was using windows media player and the video did not start playing and instead a screen popped up saying I need to gain access...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD constantly
I seem to get BSOD while gaming, I suspect it is likely that the video card is over heating, but I'm not certain. I've run memtest and stress tests without being able to replicate a BSOD or any errors. My system is windows 7 64 bit home premium retail. It's been happening for most of the time...
BSOD Help and Support
Need Help!! BSOD constantly
Here is the information and zip file Is Windows 7 . . . - x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64 - the original installed OS on the system? windows 7 - an OEM or full retail version? FULL RETAIL VERSION - OEM = came pre-installed on system - Full Retail = you purchased it from retailer - What is...
BSOD Help and Support
Issue with Program constantly installing on Startup
Every time I boot up my system, I have a program start to install itself. (The Missing Sync from MarkSpace) The first time through, I followed the instructions and it worked and I had the program. The next time I booted, it wanted to run through the install steps again before booting up; as it has...
Customization

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:58.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App