|17 Oct 2009||#1|
| || |
Portable apps not launching on Windows 7 Ultimate
My work PC running WinXP SP3 32 bit was recently flattened out and loaded with Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Some of the portable apps crash on launch. I am logged in as local administrator as well. I have performed the following steps but still no luck. All programs are under "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86)" folders
1. Executed TAKEOWN /f on both directories
2. Executed ICACLS /grant administrators:F /t on both the directories
3. Set the application compatibility mode to Windows XP SP3 and even tried launching with "Run as Administrator"
4. Ran procmon when launching the applications. None of the entries stood out except a CreateFile entry prior to process exit related C:\Windows\Prefetch with result status NAME_NOT_FOUND. However I could navigate to the directory and locate the file as well
5. I tried launching in Windows XP Virtual PC and received module MSVCR80.dll cannot be loaded error message
Any help is much appreciated
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Portable apps not launching on Windows 7 Ultimate|
|Mouse freezes for 1 sec when launching programs in Win 7 Ultimate x64||Drivers|
|Portable hard drive not working on win7 ultimate 64bit||Hardware & Devices|
|Portable Apps. Trying To Open In Media Center||Media Center|
|BSOD when launching some apps||BSOD Help and Support|
|apps not launching||Software|
|Win 7 and portable apps dont mix?||Software|
|How I can run the portable apps in windows XP Mode?||Virtualization|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 AM.