Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: New AMD CPU, computer still getting BlueScreen errors and rebooting

25 Jul 2013   #1
Honey Badger

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 
New CPU, computer still getting BlueScreen errors

I thought I was experiencing problems with my CPU, so I ordered a new Phenom II X4 965 BE to replace my 955 BE. It was all smooth, then it randomly locked up and the computer rebooted, touting the same errors as my 955 got. Here is the dump folder. I'm thinking of clean installing W7 again, as a repair install did not solve anything, but I only want to do this as a last resort. If anyone could help, I'd be very grateful. Now it seems like I blew $100 for no good reason. :/


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Jul 2013   #2
Honey Badger

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Anybody that can help?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2013   #3
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Until one of our experts arrive you can work through these steps,

Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Code:
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
 
*******************************************************************************
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa80079978f8, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Debugging Details:
------------------
 
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x124_AuthenticAMD
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME:  System
CURRENT_IRQL:  0
STACK_TEXT:  
fffff880`031a16f0 fffff800`03509ca9 : fffffa80`079978d0 fffffa80`06aee040 00000000`0000000d 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheapCreateLiveTriageDump+0x6c
fffff880`031a1c10 fffff800`033eae87 : fffffa80`079978d0 fffff800`034642d8 fffffa80`06aee040 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession+0x49
fffff880`031a1c40 fffff800`03352285 : fffff800`034c5ae0 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`079b8830 fffffa80`06aee040 : nt!WheapProcessWorkQueueItem+0x57
fffff880`031a1c80 fffff800`032c8251 : fffff880`01111e00 fffff800`03352260 fffffa80`06aee000 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine+0x25
fffff880`031a1cb0 fffff800`0355cede : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06aee040 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`06a295f0 : nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x111
fffff880`031a1d40 fffff800`032af906 : fffff880`02f64180 fffffa80`06aee040 fffff880`02f6efc0 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`031a1d80 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`031a2000 fffff880`0319c000 fffff880`03d986d0 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16
 
STACK_COMMAND:  kb
FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: hardware
IMAGE_NAME:  hardware
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  0
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV
BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Jul 2013   #4
Honey Badger

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Until one of our experts arrive you can work through these steps,

Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Code:
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
 
*******************************************************************************
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa80079978f8, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Debugging Details:
------------------
 
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x124_AuthenticAMD
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME:  System
CURRENT_IRQL:  0
STACK_TEXT:  
fffff880`031a16f0 fffff800`03509ca9 : fffffa80`079978d0 fffffa80`06aee040 00000000`0000000d 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheapCreateLiveTriageDump+0x6c
fffff880`031a1c10 fffff800`033eae87 : fffffa80`079978d0 fffff800`034642d8 fffffa80`06aee040 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession+0x49
fffff880`031a1c40 fffff800`03352285 : fffff800`034c5ae0 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`079b8830 fffffa80`06aee040 : nt!WheapProcessWorkQueueItem+0x57
fffff880`031a1c80 fffff800`032c8251 : fffff880`01111e00 fffff800`03352260 fffffa80`06aee000 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine+0x25
fffff880`031a1cb0 fffff800`0355cede : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06aee040 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`06a295f0 : nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x111
fffff880`031a1d40 fffff800`032af906 : fffff880`02f64180 fffffa80`06aee040 fffff880`02f6efc0 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`031a1d80 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`031a2000 fffff880`0319c000 fffff880`03d986d0 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16
 
STACK_COMMAND:  kb
FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: hardware
IMAGE_NAME:  hardware
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  0
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV
BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Thanks for the advice. Any ETA on when an expert could lend a hand? Sorry, this has been going on for over a week, and it's really frustrating.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2013   #5
DocBrown

Win7 Enterprise, Win7 x86 (Ult 7600), Win7 x64 Ult 7600, TechNet RTM on AMD x64 (2.8Ghz)
 
 

I just contacted a BSOD team member to look at this. They are online now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2013   #6
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

What Derek said is the right thing here ... you need to follow the link that Derek posted for you.

You told you replaced the CPU and it is happening from that? Who did the replacement? Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2013   #7
DocBrown

Win7 Enterprise, Win7 x86 (Ult 7600), Win7 x64 Ult 7600, TechNet RTM on AMD x64 (2.8Ghz)
 
 

Did you mount the cpu heatsink and fan assembly properly on top of the CPU with good thermal heat sink paste ?

Check for any bent pins before inserting the CPU into the socket.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2013   #8
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Did you mount the cpu heatsink and fan assembly properly on top of the CPU with good thermal heat sink paste ?

Check for any bent pins before inserting the CPU into the socket.
Yes

Cannot speak as technical as you. Lots are to learn form you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2013   #9
Honey Badger

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
What Derek said is the right thing here ... you need to follow the link that Derek posted for you.

You told you replaced the CPU and it is happening from that? Who did the replacement? Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy.
The computer was getting errors before I replaced the CPU. I thought replacing it would help as the dump files pointed to "AuthenticAMD" as the cause of the crashes. The CPU (965 BE) runs around mid/high 30s to low 40s idle with a Freezer 13 cooler. Under load, running The Witcher 2, it reaches up to 59 degrees.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Did you mount the cpu heatsink and fan assembly properly on top of the CPU with good thermal heat sink paste ?

Check for any bent pins before inserting the CPU into the socket.
Yep, the heatsink and fan are attached correctly to the CPU, and I have Arctic Cooling MX-4 as TIM. No bent pins.

Could this be a driver issue, or something? Nothing is overclocked, BIOS is flashed to the latest version, 6 passes of Memtest86+ shows my RAM is good, etc. I did notice the newest WHQL nVidia drivers (320.49) are pretty buggy, so I reverted to an older version.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 New AMD CPU, computer still getting BlueScreen errors and rebooting




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Constant Bluescreen Errors
I have 2 GB RAM with i3 processor running on WIN 7 64bit ultimate. The system keeps freezing for almost a minute and then BSOD appears. I have re-installed the OS three times and still the the BSOD appears even when I'm not multitasking. Additional Info: my SMPS makes a screeching noise...
BSOD Help and Support
three different bluescreen errors
Hello everyone, This is my firs time posting something here. I have tried some other forum in order to find a solution or solutionS to my problems. I installed my sql server 2013 and immidiately after the installation my computer's fan started to stay on more and my RAM was occupied more (about...
BSOD Help and Support
Can anyone help me with my bluescreen errors?
They are almost always different... I think it is a memory problem, as well as graphics card problem I attached the minidumps Thank you for your help, in advance.
BSOD Help and Support
new computer,keeps rebooting
brand new computer as of 8/5 and the screen goes black and reboots alot, also when it reboots it says locked under my name, so how do I fix this?
BSOD Help and Support
BlueScreen again! Various errors
Hello, This entry is a continuation of the problem described here: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/101035-bluescreen-1000008e.html Here are the steps I took, to try to resolve the issue. History - 1. Relatively new computer less than a year and a half. 2. There have been...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD, computer rebooting and event log errors
I hope I am in the correct forum for this. I reformatted my HD around 1 month ago and did a install of Windows 7 Home Premium (full not upgrade). I have been having issues where the computer will periodically reboot itself for no apparent reason. I have had it reboot while playing games,...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App