Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Constant BSOD on new custom build - Various Minidump Errors 0x0000003b

28 Aug 2013   #41
Leo340

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit SP1
 
 

Hey YoYo,

Sorry for the hiatus. Some things came up this past week that kept me from doing much troubleshooting. I should have some time to dive back in at the end of the week. I greatly appreciate all your help so far. Thanks to you I have renewed hope that this issue can be resolved. I will post a status update soon.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Aug 2013   #42
YoYo155

Windows 10
 
 

It's ok take your time .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Aug 2013   #43
Leo340

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit SP1
 
 

Hey YoYo,

So a few major things have changed since my last post. I have completely switched over to an MSI Z87-GD65 gaming mb. The good news is that since the mb switch I have not had anymore BSOD but the bad news is I'm running into another issue. My display driver keeps crashing over and over again.

The first few times it crashes it will usually recover and I will see a notification icon that says the following:

"Display driver stopped responding and has now recovered. Display driver Nvidia Windows kernel mode driver version 320.49"

I can tell it's about to crash because it usually starts lagging a few seconds before the crash. The worst part is that sometimes it does not recover and the system completely locks up. I can still see everything on screen but the mouse and keyboard are unresponsive. When that happens I have to power down the machine by holding the power button.

What do you think Yoyo? Is this a better position to be in than BSOD or worse?





My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Aug 2013   #44
YoYo155

Windows 10
 
 

Thanks for the update .
A few question please.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Leo340 View Post
Hey YoYo,

So a few major things have changed since my last post. I have completely switched over to an MSI Z87-GD65 gaming mb.
Did you reinstall windows when you swapped the motherboard?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Leo340 View Post
The good news is that since the mb switch I have not had anymore BSOD but the bad news is I'm running into another issue. My display driver keeps crashing over and over again.

The first few times it crashes it will usually recover and I will see a notification icon that says the following:

"Display driver stopped responding and has now recovered. Display driver Nvidia Windows kernel mode driver version 320.49"

I can tell it's about to crash because it usually starts lagging a few seconds before the crash. The worst part is that sometimes it does not recover and the system completely locks up. I can still see everything on screen but the mouse and keyboard are unresponsive. When that happens I have to power down the machine by holding the power button.

What do you think Yoyo? Is this a better position to be in than BSOD or worse?
What you're experiencing is called a TDR (Timeout Detection & Recovery).
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TVeblen View Post
"Display driver xxxxx stopped responding and was recovered"

Timeout Detection & Recovery (TDR) = "Display Driver Stopped Responding and was Recovered" is a useful feature that started in Vista and is also in W7 that allows the OS to try and recover from a video timeout so that the system does not crash to a bluescreen. Symptoms included a screen flash with the TDR message appearing one or more times or the screen blinking out to black. If the system cannot recover it will crash (Stop Error 116 typical). The issue is that the video card is not responding as expected.
  • More details HERE, please read.
Since we ran GPU in a different slot on the original motherboard, did you have any issues
while the GPU was used in that way?



We can't test the RAM just yet due to incompatibility with the new chipset we need to take the
trail and error approach if you may.
Take out one of the RAM modules and try to reproduce the error the same way you experienced
it up until now. Do the same to all of the RAM modules until the error is predictable
with one or more specific RAM modules.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2013   #45
Leo340

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit SP1
 
 

Yes. When I swapped motherboards I did a fresh install of the os.

After moving the GPU to slot 2 slot on the original Gigabyte motherboard I did not have the same issue.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2013   #46
YoYo155

Windows 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Leo340 View Post
Yes. When I swapped motherboards I did a fresh install of the os.

After moving the GPU to slot 2 slot on the original Gigabyte motherboard I did not have the same issue.

Thanks .

Roll back the driver the same we did before mentioned in details in post #4.
If that doesn't solve it, start taking all but one of the RAM modules out and systematically
putting them back in one by one until you can isolate the module that causes the problems.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by YoYo155 View Post
We can't test the RAM just yet due to incompatibility with the new chipset we need to take the
trail and error approach if you may.
Take out one of the RAM modules and try to reproduce the error the same way you experienced
it up until now. Do the same to all of the RAM modules until the error is predictable
with one or more specific RAM modules.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2013   #47
Leo340

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit SP1
 
 

Hey Yoyo,

I tried rolling back the driver before posting. I had the most up-to-date version at first but now I'm using the version from July. I used the method you outlined in post #4 to wipe the old files before I installed July version, but I'm still having problems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2013   #48
YoYo155

Windows 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Leo340 View Post
Hey Yoyo,

I tried rolling back the driver before posting. I had the most up-to-date version at first but now I'm using the version from July. I used the method you outlined in post #4 to wipe the old files before I installed July version, but I'm still having problems.
Try ruling out possible bad RAM like mentioned above.
It's important to remember the TDR are very tricky to diagnose due to the fact that they can
originate from several issues, which are detailed in the post linked in post #44 it is important you read it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Sep 2013   #49
Leo340

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit SP1
 
 

Will do. Once I'm done I will post back
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2013   #50
Leo340

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit SP1
 
 

Hey Yoyo,

I decided to take a little metal health break from troubleshooting. I've been struggling with this issue for a couple months now. Anyways I'm back in the swing of things and I'll let you know what I come up with.

I took all my RAM sticks out except one and I'm waiting to see what it does. I guess I'll use it a couple days before I move to the next stick in the bunch provided it doesn't crash sooner than that. I'll keep you posted!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Constant BSOD on new custom build - Various Minidump Errors 0x0000003b




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Custom APU build, but has several windows update errors after instal
Hello, I just built a low cost PC for my parents, but I'm having trouble with several updates after I installed windows 7 Pro x64. I've tried going through the "get help with this error" link, but with no luck/confusing instructions. Code 800B0100 Code 800F0902 Code 9C57
Windows Updates & Activation
Constant random BSOD, 0x0000003b
I have been getting these randomly for a while and I can't figure out what's causing it. My build: Gyazo - 3139823013e80f4d11e81796956b5978.png BlueScreenView Info: Gyazo - 4b90bc185c256c8db5855c4b3f791e8a.png Gyazo - a9d78e365aaf498690cb5ae3618dea42.png DM Log Collector attached
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Errors 0x00000050 & 0x0000003b
Hi Guys, Recently I've got these two BSOD errors on my brothers computer. They've both only happened once but from past experience I've discovered that if you get a BSOD once your probably gonna keep getting it until you resolve it. The computer's not overclocked and I haven't installed any new...
BSOD Help and Support
Constant BSOD error on new custom build
Hi, I'm getting the BSOD error on my new custom built machine after a few hours of use every time i use it. I've just built the PC a week ago, the CPU, mobo & Ram are new parts, upgrading from my old set up. The HDD & power supply are 3 years old. I've used the SF Diagnostics tool to...
BSOD Help and Support
Various BSOD errors occurring seemingly randomly. Custom build.
My OS is Windows 7 Professional x64 These seem to happen erratically, at apparently random times, regardless of how heavily my system resources are being used. I've gone weeks without any errors, and I've faced several errors on the same day, even under the same computer usage patterns. I...
BSOD Help and Support
Constant different BSOD 0x0000001e, 0x1000007e, 0x0000003b
I've had this computer for a few years now, close to 3-4. About a year or so ago I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate 64 and a few months afterwards the BSOD started up again (had them in Vista as well). System/Model Number: HP Pavilion dv7-1245dx CPU: AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72 ...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App