Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: PC randomly restarts itself when gaming?

14 Aug 2013   #21
usernamehere

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Northernsoul55 View Post
Hi,

Okay, thanks for trying winsock etc, and just checked your Realtek is up-to-date,
but I think I have found the cause of your crashes:

Code:
 
Event[6127]:
  Log Name: Application
  Source: NvStreamSvc
  Date: 2013-08-14T21:10:34.000
  Event ID: 3
  Task: None
  Level: Information
  Opcode: N/A
  Keyword: Classic
  User: N/A
  User Name: N/A
  Computer: Boot-PC
  Description: 
N/A
Event[6128]:
  Log Name: Application
  Source: NvStreamSvc
  Date: 2013-08-14T21:10:35.000
  Event ID: 1
  Task: None
  Level: Error
  Opcode: N/A
  Keyword: Classic
  User: N/A
  User Name: N/A
  Computer: Boot-PC
  Description: 
N/A
Event[6129]:
  Log Name: Application
  Source: NvStreamSvc
  Date: 2013-08-14T21:10:38.000
  Event ID: 1
  Task: None
  Level: Error
  Opcode: N/A
  Keyword: Classic
  User: N/A
  User Name: N/A
  Computer: Boot-PC
  Description: N/A
Seems Nvidia Streaming Service may be faulting, maybe caused by the current driver.

I would suggest Rolling back the driver to the previous version, please follow:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/165382-device-manager-roll-back-driver.html

Once rolled back you will have to disable the Nvidia updater program otherwise it will
install the latest driver again at some point:

Click on the Start button
Type msconfig , click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect Nvtmru or Nividia Update progam
Apply > OK
Click the "Services" tab, click the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box, then check the
Nvidia Display Driver Service and Click OK, then restart the computer.

Then test the computer again.

cheers

Dave
Hey Dave,

I cant use a Roll back as it is greyed out.

"If there are no previous version of the driver installed for the selected device, the Roll Back Driver button will be grayed out. (see the right screenshot below) You will not be able to roll back to a previous driver version in this case."


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
14 Aug 2013   #22
Northernsoul55

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Hi,

Ok no problem, try the 314.22 version:

Firstly download and install:
Driver Fusion. Reboot the computer in Advanced Boot Options, safe mode.
Search Driver Fusion in your start menu, and remove all components of your nVidia display driver.
If it says the the free version of Driver Fusion cannot remove all the elements, stop there and follow
Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Boot normally.

Then install the 314.22 driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-314.22-whql-driver.html

Once installed reboot and try gaming again.

cheers

Dave
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2013   #23
usernamehere

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Northernsoul55 View Post
Hi,

Ok no problem, try the 314.22 version:

Firstly download and install:
Driver Fusion. Reboot the computer in Advanced Boot Options, safe mode.
Search Driver Fusion in your start menu, and remove all components of your nVidia display driver.
If it says the the free version of Driver Fusion cannot remove all the elements, stop there and follow
Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Boot normally.

Then install the 314.22 driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-314.22-whql-driver.html

Once installed reboot and try gaming again.

cheers

Dave
So I did everything you said

Booted into Safe Mode Used majorgeeks Driver Fusion Of course it did say "the the free version of Driver Fusion cannot remove all the elements" So I used Driver Sweeper (Note: I only removed NVIDIA - Display I did not touch NVIDIA PhysX,Chipset etc..

After that it said to reboot which I did, I got back into my Normal desktop displaying at 800x600 (I forgot what the size was) Installed the drivers you gave me I unticked the 3D drives (So no 3D drives where installed) Rebooted again.. Now am here and I will go and test!

Thanks Dave for you're help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Aug 2013   #24
Northernsoul55

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Good work and good luck

Look forward to your next reply.

Remember to disable the nvidia Updater.

cheers

Dave
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2013   #25
usernamehere

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Northernsoul55 View Post
Good work and good luck

Look forward to your next reply.

Remember to disable the nvidia Updater.

cheers

Dave
Sadly it still restarted

Here is the .zip
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2013   #26
Northernsoul55

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Hi,

Okay I found the following in the logs, which may explain why your
crashing and why NvStreamSvc is failing:

Code:
Event[6571]:
  Log Name: Application
  Source: Microsoft-Windows-ApplicationExperienceInfrastructure
  Date: 2013-08-14T23:22:43.575
  Event ID: 1
  Task: N/A
  Level: Warning
  Opcode: Stop
  Keyword: N/A
  User: S-1-5-21-3586450119-24375713-2260060502-1000
  User Name: Boot-PC\Boot
  Computer: Boot-PC
  Description: 
The application (Age of Empires III, from vendor Microsoft) has the 
following problem: Age of Empires III is incompatible with this 
version of Windows. For more information, contact Microsoft.
1. Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode?
2. Does the crashes just happen with AOEIII?
3. Also did you re-run memtest for 8 passes?



Also run SFC to check the integrity of all Windows 7 system files:
  • Click on Start > Type in search cmd
    Right-click cmd after results are displayed and Run as Administrator
    Type SFC /scannow at the prompt
    (Note: There is a space between SFC and /scannow)
SFC Tutorial

Note   Note
Select option two. If any problems are found, run the scan 3 times and immediately
reboot the computer after each scan.


cheers

Dave
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2013   #27
usernamehere

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Northernsoul55 View Post
Hi,

Okay I found the following in the logs, which may explain why your
crashing and why NvStreamSvc is failing:

Code:
Event[6571]:
  Log Name: Application
  Source: Microsoft-Windows-ApplicationExperienceInfrastructure
  Date: 2013-08-14T23:22:43.575
  Event ID: 1
  Task: N/A
  Level: Warning
  Opcode: Stop
  Keyword: N/A
  User: S-1-5-21-3586450119-24375713-2260060502-1000
  User Name: Boot-PC\Boot
  Computer: Boot-PC
  Description: 
The application (Age of Empires III, from vendor Microsoft) has the 
following problem: Age of Empires III is incompatible with this 
version of Windows. For more information, contact Microsoft.
1. Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode?
2. Does the crashes just happen with AOEIII?
3. Also did you re-run memtest for 8 passes?



Also run SFC to check the integrity of all Windows 7 system files:
  • Click on Start > Type in search cmd
    Right-click cmd after results are displayed and Run as Administrator
    Type SFC /scannow at the prompt
    (Note: There is a space between SFC and /scannow)
SFC Tutorial

Note   Note
Select option two. If any problems are found, run the scan 3 times and immediately
reboot the computer after each scan.


cheers

Dave
1. Yes the game running in compatibility mode (Windows XP SP3, Run this program as an administrator)

2. No other games too.. Such as AOEIII, Company of heroes 1, Killing Floor (Steam), sometimes Team fortress (steam)... Games that have never crashed on me AOEII, Saints row 3,Monopoly 2003.

3. I have not as running memtest takes me/my PC about a whole day and I need access to my PC as am sorting out college and such etc.... I did a memtest only two weeks ago and got up to 8 pass with 0 errors.

"C:\Windows\system32>SFC /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\Windows\system32>"


Just something odd.. When my PC crashed and restarted itself my PC was restarting and out of random my PC screen went to standby mode and random coloured box's started showing up I tuned off my pc screen and turned it back on and it was back to normal... This has happen to me before cant tell if its just my old old (Yes its old) pc screen or my graphics card?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2013   #28
Northernsoul55

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Hi,

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling AOEII and other problematic games?

I think it maybe wise to Stress Test your GPU:

Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Monitor temperature of the system during the tests with HWMonitor

If the tests pass ok, I would try the graphics card in a different PCIe slot.

cheers

Dave
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2013   #29
usernamehere

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Northernsoul55 View Post
Hi,

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling AOEII and other problematic games?

I think it maybe wise to Stress Test your GPU:

Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Monitor temperature of the system during the tests with HWMonitor

If the tests pass ok, I would try the graphics card in a different PCIe slot.

cheers

Dave
Yep!

Dave, you never said how long I should keep the test going? Or does it stop by itself.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2013   #30
Northernsoul55

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Ooops! Sorry

Run for about 20-30 mins.

cheers

Dave
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 PC randomly restarts itself when gaming?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD/Black Screens/Restarts While Gaming
Happy New Year! Happy New Year... Getting BSODs, black screens and full restarts while gaming. Happens with Titanfall within 5 minutes, CoD Black Ops after 10 to 15 mins, etc. Takes longer to crash with Battlefield 4. This all started on 12/21/14 out of nowhere. When it started, I had an...
BSOD Help and Support
Various BSoD while gaming and some randomly while not gaming.
So over the past couple of weeks i've been getting alot of BSoD while gaming on my laptop, the most common being failure to reset display drivers. It seems to be a driver problem but I've tried re-installing them and it hasn't had an effect. I wasn't sure how to properly do a fresh install so if...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming???
I dont know why. I recently bought a new computer and it has been doing this since i first got it. I dont know why but hopefully you can help me. :D My Computer Stats: -Intel® Core™ i7-3770K -GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Z77 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB -Corsair Vengeance 8GB -2TB Hard Drive...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD during restarts, Windows updates and while gaming
This is on a newly build PC, every time i try to update windows it BSOD mid update. When i restart the computer it crashes and BSOD and i can play games in between 20 minutes to 2 hours before it BSOD. This has happened since the computer was build and i have no idea how to fix it. I was reading...
BSOD Help and Support
Random restarts/lockups while gaming/testing
Hello, i am new to the forums! Well as the title says, i've been having some problems with my 2 month custom pc, i have tried quite a lot of things to solve these issues but they seem to keep reappearing, so i wanted to ask for some help. I used both windows 7 x64 ultimate cracked and retail...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:07.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App