Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Random freeze

11 Sep 2013   #51
koolkat77

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10 Home 64Bit
 
 

Monitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot of the Summary tab as well:


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Sep 2013   #52
topsecret97

Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nommy the first View Post
Yes - all found threads should be removed.


Nommy
So exept utorrent and bitTorrent can you tell me a safe turrent download program?
And there it is the ESET and adw log
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2013   #53
nommy the first

Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit Professional
 
 

Basically there is no thing as a safe torrent program. No matter which one you use, you will never know who uploaded the file and from where you are downloading it, or what the content of your download may be.
It isn't necessarily the program you use, but more the torrents that you are downloading.
For more information about torrents and the risks that come with them you could read my P2P warning in post #13.

In my humble opinion the best torrent program is the 2.2.1 version of UTorrent, as it is a very stable, lightweight program without any adds and I use it myself if I need to download Linux software.

But unless you absolutely need to, I would highly recommend you not to use torrents, as any P2P download client basically is a doorstep for hackers and malware into your computer.

----------

I see that you have uploaded the results of your scans, I will look at them in a few hours, as it is dinner time here

Thank you for your patience,
Nommy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Sep 2013   #54
topsecret97

Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nommy the first View Post
Basically there is no thing as a safe torrent program. No matter which one you use, you will never know who uploaded the file and from where you are downloading it, or what the content of your download may be.
It isn't necessarily the program you use, but more the torrents that you are downloading.
For more information about torrents and the risks that come with them you could read my P2P warning in post #13.

In my humble opinion the best torrent program is the 2.2.1 version of UTorrent, as it is a very stable, lightweight program without any adds and I use it myself if I need to download Linux software.

But unless you absolutely need to, I would highly recommend you not to use torrents, as any P2P download client basically is a doorstep for hackers and malware into your computer.


Nommy
Ok, I edited my last post with the scan logs from both programs
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2013   #55
nommy the first

Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit Professional
 
 

Both scans found a few things and deleted them, nice.
I would say that your machine is now free of malware

This is where my assistance ends and we wait for someone to assist you with your BSOD problems.
I have requested both Koolkat and several other BSOD experts to take a look here, so please be patient until one of them comes here.


Good luck and keep us posted,
Nommy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2013   #56
topsecret97

Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nommy the first View Post
Both scans found a few things and deleted them, nice.
I would say that your machine is now free of malware

This is where my assistance ends and we wait for someone to assist you with your BSOD problems.
I have requested both Koolkat and several other BSOD experts to take a look here, so please be patient until one of them comes here.


Good luck and keep us posted,
Nommy
Ok don't worry, it's ok for now. I will say something when it happen again
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2013   #57
nommy the first

Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by topsecret97 View Post
Ok don't worry, it's ok for now. I will say something when it happen again
Ok, glad that your issue is resolved for now
If the issue persists please try to describe it as good as you can and also let the SF Diagnostic Tool do another run and post that .zip file as well so that we can assist you as effective as possible.
If the issue doesn't come back, please post back your feedback in a few days and mark the thread as solved.


Glad I could be of assistance,
Nommy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2013   #58
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 


Ok mate just as a last post the temps you quote in post #17 are way too highif you look at this it shows the Tjunc @ 100C now 80-90C in my mind is just tooclose for comfort. Even the idle temps are really not to my liking but hey ifthe machines is working then go for it.
ARK | Intel® Core


But I still think you should look at cleaning the machine up. Just a very simple things you can do is turn the machine over and shine a very bright light into the air intake hole - then look into the air outlet and see if the small "radiator" in there is clear or not. If it looks to be a bit clogged then get a can of compressed air poke a large cable tie into the fan blades in the air intake to stop the fan from spinning and blast the crud out of that radiator. The cable tie is to stop the fan from spinning faster than it is designed to do and if let spin at very fast speeds may wreck the bearing or the blades themselves.
Now in the past if this does not work I have used pipe cleaners (see pic) and very gently cleaned from the outside by very carefully pushing through the pipe cleaner to loosen the crud. But you have to be careful.
Failing this it means disassembling the machine to get to those parts, plus keep in mind you may have a problem with the compound on the dies. Thy are not like the usual CPU /GPU we have in desktops and are the bare silicon chips the the heatsink clamps to.
In the pics is a Toshiba but principle is the same
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Sep 2013   #59
topsecret97

Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Ok mate just as a last post the temps you quote in post #17 are way too highif you look at this it shows the Tjunc @ 100C now 80-90C in my mind is just tooclose for comfort. Even the idle temps are really not to my liking but hey ifthe machines is working then go for it.
ARK | Intel® Core


But I still think you should look at cleaning the machine up. Just a very simple things you can do is turn the machine over and shine a very bright light into the air intake hole - then look into the air outlet and see if the small "radiator" in there is clear or not. If it looks to be a bit clogged then get a can of compressed air poke a large cable tie into the fan blades in the air intake to stop the fan from spinning and blast the crud out of that radiator. The cable tie is to stop the fan from spinning faster than it is designed to do and if let spin at very fast speeds may wreck the bearing or the blades themselves.
Now in the past if this does not work I have used pipe cleaners (see pic) and very gently cleaned from the outside by very carefully pushing through the pipe cleaner to loosen the crud. But you have to be careful.
Failing this it means disassembling the machine to get to those parts, plus keep in mind you may have a problem with the compound on the dies. Thy are not like the usual CPU /GPU we have in desktops and are the bare silicon chips the the heatsink clamps to.
In the pics is a Toshiba but principle is the same
Thanks, I know how to do that, but I will never do that at home because if I break it, RIP. If I send it to a store and THEY break it I think they pay it back so it's better .
Now I understand the only problem of laptops, if you want to open them it's hard. On a desktop it's just open and clean, so my next pc is going to be a desktop. Maybe in 1 year I have to buy one.

But as I have said before, I'm almost 100% sure that the problem of the BSOD and the freezes is not overheat.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Sep 2013   #60
Anak

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit Ver 6.1.7600 Build 7601 - SP1
 
 

I notice in your SystemInfo.txt file that you have:
Quote:
Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
Connection Name: Local Area Connection
Status: Hardware not present
Atheros drivers can cause headaches for Windows 7, if the hardware is not present and you are not using any card that needs the atheros drivers, please un-install the driver(s) and see if that helps.

I also would like you to run this: Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions and post the results in your next reply. There can be inconsistencies in the activation that can cause the problems you are having, and this report will help us find them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Random freeze




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Random freeze, random BSOD, no signal to screen
Heya, So my computer started freezing randomly, getting BSOD randomly, and after rebooting, the screen wouldn't receive any signals a while back and I had just put my computer away but decided to look into it a bit more and to get a better idea of whether it could be a problem with software or...
BSOD Help and Support
Random freeze
Hi guys, i asking this for my friend. My have have a lenovo U460 laptop. Using windows 7 enterprise 32bit(my sch installed for her). Her com will froze randomly without any specific action she need to do. The only way to resolve it is to restart but the problem still occurring randomly even after...
BSOD Help and Support
Help me pls from repeat random freeze
I have got my computer bought in Aug, everthing is fine until recently, it has random hang which force restart is needed. In some case, i can have hang in welcome screen My setting: i7CPU 870 ASUSTek P7H55-M 8.Gb ram Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 I got the minidump files as follows:...
BSOD Help and Support
Random Freeze
Greetings those who are more knowledgeable then I! Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit version 6.1.7600 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz Gigabite P55M-UD2 F3 Crossfire DDR3 1333 2x Super Talent W1333UB2GV DDR3-1333 2GB/128x8 CL9 Value Mem NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 1GB Sceptre 23.6" 16:9 LCD...
BSOD Help and Support
Random Freeze
Hi, sorry by me poor english. My computer freeze completely aleatory specially when i am playing some games but it occurs also when computer is not used. Here is my dmp file. Can somebody help? Thanks C2D 6400 Mother board: intel dg965wh graphic card:XFX 8800 GT 512 XXX
BSOD Help and Support
random freeze ups
Hi i coped this from the event viewer I believe this is what freezes my PC up:confused: this error is allways in the log when i have to hard reset my PC after one of these crashes can someone explain what is going on and how i can fix this problem they are annoying although they don't happen all...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:27.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App