Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD!!! arthur.sys


10 Sep 2013   #1

windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 
BSOD!!! arthur.sys

5-10 bsods while making this thread posting report now pls let me know what else to post
here is the windows report i got and ur sf diagnostic tool zip file
the new winrar file has my windows report and sf zip the tool report


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Sep 2013   #2
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

The MSINFO32.nfo file included in the zip is corrupted. Upload a new one.
  1. Click on the start button
  2. Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
  3. File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
  4. Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
  5. Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
Is the dongle a TP link one?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2013   #3

windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
The MSINFO32.nfo file included in the zip is corrupted. Upload a new one.
  1. Click on the start button
  2. Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
  3. File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
  4. Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
  5. Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
Is the dongle a TP link one?
ok heres the new zip of msinfo.......umm yeah i have a wireless adapter of tp link wn721n but i could not get much drivers for it....is that a problem??..... also i am getting netio.sys bsod error pls fix that too
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


11 Sep 2013   #4
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by asfagus View Post
umm yeah i have a wireless adapter of tp link wn721n but i could not get much drivers for it....is that a problem??..... also i am getting netio.sys bsod error pls fix that too
That is the problem. The BSODs are caused by athur.sys, the driver used by TP link.
Code:
BugCheck D1, {fd935700, 2, 0, 9b263c0c}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athur.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athur.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athur.sys
Probably caused by : athur.sys ( athur+33c0c )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
And it is old enough.
Code:
9b230000 9b3b4000   athur    T (no symbols)           
    Loaded symbol image file: athur.sys
    Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athur.sys
    Image name: athur.sys
    Timestamp:        Thu Oct 06 15:38:32 2011 (4E8D7E20)
    CheckSum:         0017FAEB
    ImageSize:        00184000
    Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Try the Beta Version for windows 7 (the second one in the list) from this link: TL-WN721N - Welcome to TP-LINK ....
Published date: 7/24/2013
Let us know the results.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2013   #5

windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by asfagus View Post
umm yeah i have a wireless adapter of tp link wn721n but i could not get much drivers for it....is that a problem??..... also i am getting netio.sys bsod error pls fix that too
That is the problem. The BSODs are caused by athur.sys, the driver used by TP link.
Code:
BugCheck D1, {fd935700, 2, 0, 9b263c0c}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athur.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athur.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athur.sys
Probably caused by : athur.sys ( athur+33c0c )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
And it is old enough.
Code:
9b230000 9b3b4000   athur    T (no symbols)           
    Loaded symbol image file: athur.sys
    Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athur.sys
    Image name: athur.sys
    Timestamp:        Thu Oct 06 15:38:32 2011 (4E8D7E20)
    CheckSum:         0017FAEB
    ImageSize:        00184000
    Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Try the Beta Version for windows 7 (the second one in the list) from this link: TL-WN721N - Welcome to TP-LINK ....
Published date: 7/24/2013
Let us know the results.
i put the beta version and got 3 bsods two of which i took pics, third one being a page fault in nonpaged area error i have uploaded the zip having sfc of 2nd one pls tell me anything else u want
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2013   #6
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

Uninstall Net Protector Antivirus by Biz Secure Labs Pvt. Ltd.
Code:
b000f904  9271ee19Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\NPPORTFR.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NPPORTFR.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NPPORTFR.sys
 NPPORTFR+0xe19
Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Let us know the results.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Sep 2013   #7

windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 

i disabled npav and installed microsoft sec. essentials....it was updating and i was dloading mbam and some pics when another bsod came.....its good that it was not arthur.sys but it was something else....i dont know what.... and i was using the tplink adapter only... next boot i uninstalled npav(now)..pls chk why this bsod occured
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Sep 2013   #8
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by asfagus View Post
i disabled npav and installed microsoft sec. essentials....it was updating and i was dloading mbam and some pics when another bsod came.....its good that it was not arthur.sys but it was something else....i dont know what.... and i was using the tplink adapter only... next boot i uninstalled npav(now)..pls chk why this bsod occured
It is not what suggested. Please let us know only when the suggestions are taken.

Disabling will not remove the failing components from the system, and keeping those present there, no further troubleshooting will ever end.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Sep 2013   #9

windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 

ok i removed it and after a restart i got another arthur.sys....i have both mbam and mce installed and scanned.....pls chk that i have updated the tp link to the beta drivers now im uploading the windows report pls tell me if i need to upload anyhting else
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Sep 2013   #10
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by asfagus View Post
ok i removed it and after a restart i got another arthur.sys....i have both mbam and mce installed and scanned.....pls chk that i have updated the tp link to the beta drivers now im uploading the windows report pls tell me if i need to upload anyhting else
You need to update TP link only. It is not yet updated.
Code:
ab82d000 ab9b1000   athur    T (no symbols)           
    Loaded symbol image file: athur.sys
    Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athur.sys
    Image name: athur.sys
    Timestamp:        Thu Oct 06 15:38:32 2011 (4E8D7E20)
    CheckSum:         0017FAEB
    ImageSize:        00184000
    Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
No wonder that it is causing the BSOD.
Code:
BugCheck D1, {c0ec07ee, 2, 0, ab860c0c}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athur.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athur.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athur.sys
Probably caused by : athur.sys ( athur+33c0c )
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD!!! arthur.sys




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD!!! arthur.sys
Thread Forum
Arthur C. Clarke Predicts the Internet & PC Chillout Room
King Arthur the role-playing wargame - Any way to increase army sizes? Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33