Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD while running full malwarebytes antimalware program

17 Sep 2013   #21
p5200

windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
We need to know how much free space you have on your C drive.
I have 92GB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Sep 2013   #22
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

I also requested this information.

Where did you get your copy of Windows 7 Pro and did you complete all the Windows Updates.

Running a scan with Malwarebytes Anti Malware doesn't put a heavy load on a computer about 15 ot 20 % on the cpu.
When running the scan does your computer just stop scanning before completion of the scan or does in BSOD before the scan is complete?

Have you tried any other programs for a security scan?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2013   #23
p5200

windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
I also requested this information.

Where did you get your copy of Windows 7 Pro and did you complete all the Windows Updates.

Running a scan with Malwarebytes Anti Malware doesn't put a heavy load on a computer about 15 ot 20 % on the cpu.
When running the scan does your computer just stop scanning before completion of the scan or does in BSOD before the scan is complete?

Have you tried any other programs for a security scan?
I started with a retail upgrade version of the home premium version then purchased a pro key online and used the anytime upgrade feature with the new key about 2 years ago. Since then, I made a universal disc which I used to install the pro version and then entered the pro key to activate online. The pc BSODs before completing the full scan the antivirus full, scans give no problems. When i ran memtest, it showed over 200 errors in about an hours time that i ran it if i understood it correctly. I don't get the BSOD every time I run the malware program though, that's what I don't understand?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Sep 2013   #24
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Well in post #13 nommy the first recommended a memory test and don't see where you informed him of the results. 200 hundred errors is a lot of memory errors.

It is absolutely necessary that you inform members trying to help you of all results you get when you complete a requested task.
Please go back to post #13 you must know what ram modules are bad or if the motherboard slots are bad, or both.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2013   #25
p5200

windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

I ran the onboard memory diagnostics and it came back with no errors? Is it not very dependable.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2013   #26
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

May be this will help.

When you are requested to do this.
Please run Memtest86+ to test your RAM for issues.
That is what is needed to be done so these good people can help you.

When you are requested to post this.
Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.


That is what needs to be posted every time requested.
Nobody requested this.
I got this from WhoCrashed program.

You must help these good people so they can help you.
That is the only way it can work.
Hopefully more help will be on it's way.
It surly looks like the Ram problem must be taken care of first.
I have done all I can do.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2013   #27
p5200

windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nommy the first View Post
Hello p5200,

Code:
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80002291a16, fffff8800250f888, fffff8800250f0e0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!IopDeleteFile+48 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Quote:
Usual causes: Insufficient disk space, Device driver, Video card, BIOS, Breakpoints with no debugger attached, Hardware incompatibility, Faulty system service, Memory, 3rd party remote control.
----------

Please run Memtest86+ to test your RAM for issues.

Tip   Tip
Let Memtest run for at least 10 passes and preferably overnight as it may take very long to complete.
Especially read part three of the tutorial, which explains you to test each RAM stick in all DIMM slots to filter out failing slots.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Suppose you have got the result like that:
testSlot1Slot2
RAM1ErrorError
RAM2GoodGood
It is a RAM, a bad RAM.

But if you have got a result like that:
testSlot1Slot2
RAM1ErrorGood
RAM2ErrorGood
It is a motherboard issue. The particular slot is bad.

----------

Please use the SFC /SCANNOW command as displayed in option two of this tutorial.

  1. Click on the .
  2. Open an elevated command prompt.
  3. Type "SFC /SCANNOW" without the quotations.
  4. Let SFC do it's thing, and then prompted to, restart.

    If SFC found and repaired anything, please do the following:
  5. When restarted, open an elevated command prompt.
  6. Type (or copy) the following, this will create a .txt file on your desktop;
    findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"
  7. In your next reply, please attach this file using the method displayed in this tutorial.

----------

warning   Warning
Do not do this step if your hard drive is an SSD!

Please scan your hard drive with Chkdsk.
  1. Click on the
  2. Open an Elevated Command Prompt.
  3. Type the following;
    chkdsk C: /F/R
    Replace C: with the letter of your hard drive.
  4. You will get a message that your drive is in use and that Chkdsk will be run at start up.
  5. Please exit the command prompt, close and save any open programs and restart your machine. Chkdsk will now scan at boot.
warning   Warning
Do not attempt to cancel or stop the scan, this might result in a loss in data and could render your Windows unusable!

----------

Please stress test the graphics card using Furmark GPU Stress Test.
information   Information
During the test please check the screen for artifacts.
The purpose of this test is to make your machine crash and create dump files so that we can pinpoint the cause of your problem.
Tip   Tip
Please run Furmark once when your machine has just started, and once again when your machine has been active for several hours.

----------

Please scan your hard drive with SeaTools for Windows.
Read the tutorial before attempting to run the tool.


Good luck and keep us posted,
Nommy
Hello again, I ran memtest for about an hour and if I was looking in the right spot that says errors right next to EEC errors it showed over 200 errors. if that's the case I guess I'd better get out the manual and start checking 1 stick/slot at a time correct? Thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2013   #28
p5200

windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
May be this will help.

When you are requested to do this.
Please run Memtest86+ to test your RAM for issues.
That is what is needed to be done so these good people can help you.

When you are requested to post this.
Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.


That is what needs to be posted every time requested.
Nobody requested this.
I got this from WhoCrashed program.

You must help these good people so they can help you.
That is the only way it can work.
Hopefully more help will be on it's way.
It surly looks like the Ram problem must be taken care of first.
I have done all I can do.
OH, believe me I appreciate all the help all of you folks have given me and, I'm trying my best but I do have a lot of eye problems and, I really don't think I deserve a lecture like I'm a two year old.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2013   #29
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2013   #30
p5200

windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nommy the first View Post
Hello p5200,

Code:
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80002291a16, fffff8800250f888, fffff8800250f0e0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!IopDeleteFile+48 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Quote:
Usual causes: Insufficient disk space, Device driver, Video card, BIOS, Breakpoints with no debugger attached, Hardware incompatibility, Faulty system service, Memory, 3rd party remote control.
----------

Please run Memtest86+ to test your RAM for issues.

Tip   Tip
Let Memtest run for at least 10 passes and preferably overnight as it may take very long to complete.
Especially read part three of the tutorial, which explains you to test each RAM stick in all DIMM slots to filter out failing slots.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Suppose you have got the result like that:
testSlot1Slot2
RAM1ErrorError
RAM2GoodGood
It is a RAM, a bad RAM.

But if you have got a result like that:
testSlot1Slot2
RAM1ErrorGood
RAM2ErrorGood
It is a motherboard issue. The particular slot is bad.

----------

Please use the SFC /SCANNOW command as displayed in option two of this tutorial.

  1. Click on the .
  2. Open an elevated command prompt.
  3. Type "SFC /SCANNOW" without the quotations.
  4. Let SFC do it's thing, and then prompted to, restart.

    If SFC found and repaired anything, please do the following:
  5. When restarted, open an elevated command prompt.
  6. Type (or copy) the following, this will create a .txt file on your desktop;
    findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"
  7. In your next reply, please attach this file using the method displayed in this tutorial.

----------

warning   Warning
Do not do this step if your hard drive is an SSD!

Please scan your hard drive with Chkdsk.
  1. Click on the
  2. Open an Elevated Command Prompt.
  3. Type the following;
    chkdsk C: /F/R
    Replace C: with the letter of your hard drive.
  4. You will get a message that your drive is in use and that Chkdsk will be run at start up.
  5. Please exit the command prompt, close and save any open programs and restart your machine. Chkdsk will now scan at boot.
warning   Warning
Do not attempt to cancel or stop the scan, this might result in a loss in data and could render your Windows unusable!

----------

Please stress test the graphics card using Furmark GPU Stress Test.
information   Information
During the test please check the screen for artifacts.
The purpose of this test is to make your machine crash and create dump files so that we can pinpoint the cause of your problem.
Tip   Tip
Please run Furmark once when your machine has just started, and once again when your machine has been active for several hours.

----------

Please scan your hard drive with SeaTools for Windows.
Read the tutorial before attempting to run the tool.


Good luck and keep us posted,
Nommy
Well, this board has to have 2 sticks of memory at a time or all four. What I did was remove the first two sticks I bought first and put the newest sticks in their spot which is what's required if using only two sticks. I ran the memtest all the way through the first pass without a single error before, I had 100 or more errors in 5 minutes or less. I'll do more isolating to find out if it's one of the two sticks or, a slot in the morning. I think I might as well just go ahead and replace all the memory if the slots are all good. I was getting so flustered a while ago I didn't know which end was up or which was down. Thanks for all your help!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD while running full malwarebytes antimalware program




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Runtime error 383 with Malwarebytes antimalware
When I try to open MBAM, I get this error. Then when I tried to uninstall from both Control Panel and Program files, I could not uninstall. Control Panel route recommends to install a new version and Program files route refuses to have the file deleted citing a component of it is being used in...
System Security
Compatibility of Norton Security and Malwarebytes' Antimalware
Hello ALL: I have Norton Security Suite installed. {Norton Security Suite comes with Comcast Cable}. It is supposed to protect the computer from intrusions e.g. adware. Also I have Malwarebytes' Antimalware installed, since I have had good experiences with its capabilities. It is free. The...
System Security
First BSOD due to Malwarebytes Antimalware??
Hi dear intelligent people, My Laptop was working perfectly since I did recovery more than a month ago until today. I installed Malwarebytes antimalware today and did a restart in safe mode for Full System Scan, nothing was found. When i again did a restart, BSOD popped up. I've uninstalled...
BSOD Help and Support
antimalware (malwarebytes) :: can i have it running with avast
can i run avast and malwarebytes at the same time? or it will have a conflict?
System Security
BSOD when running Malwarebytes scan - Kernal_data_in_page_error
Hello, I'm currently having an issue with my Windows 7 laptop. It's using a stupid amount of RAM for no reason, so I'm pretty convinced I've got some Malware hiding somewhere. Done a full scan and also a full rootkit scan with AVG 2011 and it found nothing. However I've attempted to run a full...
BSOD Help and Support
Full retail version of Malwarebytes & Comodo.. anyone using both?
I recently purchased the retail version of Malwarebytes just to see if it's any good. It seems almost mindless how people talk about Malwarebytes but and I have yet to try it. However, the only computer I have that I am absolutely determined to keep for more than a few months already has comodo...
System Security


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App