Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD playing WoW and different BSODs while doing other stuff

10 Oct 2013   #31
YoYo155

Windows 10
 
 

Hi thanks for the update .
Have you managed to stress test the components yet?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Oct 2013   #32
Mangaza

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by YoYo155 View Post
Hi thanks for the update .
Have you managed to stress test the components yet?
I haven't been able to do that yet because I've been tied to my current issues. I got my PSU today and replaced my old 800w psu with a 1000w cooler master psu. All looks well so far and I will stress test components in the coming days.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Oct 2013   #33
Mangaza

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

OK so giving you an update since it's been a few days. Everything's changed now. I reformatted and reinstalled Windows due to huge problems that arisen a week ago or so. Basically I fried my cpu/mobo by playing at ~100C @ cpu and ~80C @ mobo because after I installed the new psu, I forgot to plug in my liquid cooling, so there was no heatsink. As a result, my cpu/mobo fried. I went ahead and replaced my cpu/mobo so now everything's pretty much changed. I shouldn't get any bsods of any kind now since I pretty much replaced half or more of my pc, on top of that, I had to reinstall windows/reformat which cleared all of the drivers and everything. Have to reinstall everything now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Oct 2013   #34
YoYo155

Windows 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mangaza View Post
OK so giving you an update since it's been a few days. Everything's changed now. I reformatted and reinstalled Windows due to huge problems that arisen a week ago or so. Basically I fried my cpu/mobo by playing at ~100C @ cpu and ~80C @ mobo because after I installed the new psu, I forgot to plug in my liquid cooling, so there was no heatsink. As a result, my cpu/mobo fried. I went ahead and replaced my cpu/mobo so now everything's pretty much changed. I shouldn't get any bsods of any kind now since I pretty much replaced half or more of my pc, on top of that, I had to reinstall windows/reformat which cleared all of the drivers and everything. Have to reinstall everything now.
Thank you for the update, and I'm sorry to hear that .
I guess that is how you learn, from unfortunate mistakes.
How have things been since?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Oct 2013   #35
Mangaza

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by YoYo155 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mangaza View Post
OK so giving you an update since it's been a few days. Everything's changed now. I reformatted and reinstalled Windows due to huge problems that arisen a week ago or so. Basically I fried my cpu/mobo by playing at ~100C @ cpu and ~80C @ mobo because after I installed the new psu, I forgot to plug in my liquid cooling, so there was no heatsink. As a result, my cpu/mobo fried. I went ahead and replaced my cpu/mobo so now everything's pretty much changed. I shouldn't get any bsods of any kind now since I pretty much replaced half or more of my pc, on top of that, I had to reinstall windows/reformat which cleared all of the drivers and everything. Have to reinstall everything now.
Thank you for the update, and I'm sorry to hear that .
I guess that is how you learn, from unfortunate mistakes.
How have things been since?
It's been a day so far of running my pc with the new parts. So far so good. Here's my temperature readings with WoW open in the background idling and a video player in background idling: http://i.imgur.com/5wumRAW.png - I feel like these temperatures are too high for what I'm doing...? My computer is periodically going from quiet to randomly loud (fan?) noises abruptly when not doing anything also.

Do the temps look good? I might be upgrading my gfx card to Amazon.com: EVGA GeForce GTX760 SuperClocked w/EVGA ACX Cooler 2GB GDDR5 256bit, Dual-Link DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI,DP, SLI Ready Graphics Card (02G-P4-2765-KR) Graphics Cards 02G-P4-2765-KR: Computers & Accessories within the next month or so.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2013   #36
YoYo155

Windows 10
 
 

Sorry for the slow reply.

Those temperatures do look a tad on high side, I assume that when you replaced the
damaged parts you noticed whether there is dust clogging up the GPU heatsink, did you not?

As for the the CPU Haswell is already known to run pretty toasty, what heatsink are you using using?
Did apply to much thermal compound (or was it preinstalled)?

As for a GPU upgrade it come down to purpose / budget, what are yours if I may ask ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2013   #37
Mangaza

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by YoYo155 View Post
Sorry for the slow reply.

Those temperatures do look a tad on high side, I assume that when you replaced the
damaged parts you noticed whether there is dust clogging up the GPU heatsink, did you not?

As for the the CPU Haswell is already known to run pretty toasty, what heatsink are you using using?
Did apply to much thermal compound (or was it preinstalled)?

As for a GPU upgrade it come down to purpose / budget, what are yours if I may ask ?
It's alright. I didn't really check for dust for gpu heatsink, to be honest. I'm using some type of liquid cooling system - when I installed the new cpu, I applied arctic silver thermal compound on it, so there's that. My cousin told me I might as well upgrade my graphics card since I already upgraded my cpu, motherboard, and psu, so I just went with it. After doing lots of research, gtx 760 seems by far the best performance vs cost card. I'll be installing the gtx 760 sometime this coming weekend, so this thread is pretty much solved now since my computer is completely different now, ya?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2013   #38
Mangaza

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

I have a new problem now, completely unrelated to BSODs and other errors if anyone is able to help me. I replaced my gtx 580 with the evga gtx 760 superclocked acx cooling, and something problematic happened. When I startup my computer, there's a loud humming noise for a few seconds. After I load windows, the loud humming noise comes back every minute for about 3 seconds or so. I enjoy quiet and this is extremely annoying. I'm positive that the noise isn't coming from the graphics card, as the fan is set to the bare minimum. I've tried opening the case to determine where the noise is coming from - without any results or process of elimination. Nothing changed other than upgrading my graphics card, I don't get why there's the noise after having no problems at all with my old card. This new card is better and needs less power than my old one. I've tried googling to see similar problems that other people had and came up empty.

The noise seems to go away when power management options is changed to Power Saver. Balanced/High Performance = same loud noise. My PSU is the cooler master 1000w 80 plus gold modular.. I tried listening for the noise when I opened up my case but really can't find out where it's coming from. If it's a PSU problem all of the sudden, I don't understand why it's a problem now after replacing a psu-intensive graphics card with a better one that needs less.

When I have World of Warcraft open, this noise becomes a constant noise but it's slightly quieter, but it gives me the humming noise more often than not having anything open besides browser, skype, and other common apps. I'm someone who enjoys when it's quiet, abruptly annoying noises is a huge problem and needs to be fixed. Any ideas/thoughts on what may be my current issue based on the scenarios and test results above?

Upon closing World of Warcraft, the noise stops completely for about 2 minutes before it starts up again.

World of Warcraft is on a SSD btw - mentioning that now since I read on similar issues, some people say it might be a HDD dying issue.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2013   #39
YoYo155

Windows 10
 
 

Is the humming noise consistent, or is it changing frequency?
I had a humming sound coming out of my PC, it turned out to be a dust filter slightly out of place
could be that your case (no pun intended) is similar.
my other though is that it night be coil whine.
You can watch this video and compare whether it is what you're experiencing.
Coil Whine Explanation & Demonstration Linus Tech Tips - YouTube
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2013   #40
Mangaza

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by YoYo155 View Post
Is the humming noise consistent, or is it changing frequency?
I had a humming sound coming out of my PC, it turned out to be a dust filter slightly out of place
could be that your case (no pun intended) is similar.
my other though is that it night be coil whine.
You can watch this video and compare whether it is what you're experiencing.
Coil Whine Explanation & Demonstration Linus Tech Tips - YouTube
The humming noise is consistent, as mentioned before, it only happens every minute or so for a brief period of ~3 seconds give or take .5 seconds. I checked out the coil vid and the noise is nothing like it, unfortunately. I don't have any coils either. I left my computer on overnight and the settings were the same and the noise is gone for the time being (I'm sure it'll come back later for whatever reason). Not sure why the noise is gone now after leaving my computer on for 12+ hours after installing the new graphics card.

I've tried opening WoW and watching videos simultaneously, but no noise today.. really odd and random why I had noise yesterday and so far today nothing.

Something I've noticed that's different than 12+ hours ago... I have SpeedFan running to check on temperatures and fan RPM. Yesterday, there were 3 fans operating with xxx RPM numbers. Today, there's only two fans operating out of the 3 yesterday. The 3rd fan is stuck at 0 RPM. I assume a fan that was about to break or stop working caused the noise yesterday and it broke overnight after it continuously made the noise. My temperatures look the same idling and playing games, so if a fan broke and the noise stopped, then good riddens.

I'll post/edit back here if/when the noise comes back.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD playing WoW and different BSODs while doing other stuff




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD on occasion - new to this stuff
This is what the message says when I restart Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: a BCP1: 0000000000000000
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing Fallout: New Vegas/Random BSODs during startup
Hello forum. I'm hoping somebody can assist me with these BSODs. My computer is about 2 years old and the only thing I've had replaced in it was a hard drive. Here is some information about the BSODs. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3...
BSOD Help and Support
random bsods when playing wow or playing movies
HI there im hopeing someone can help me solve this im stumped about what the error is. it only accurs when im ether playing online games or watching movies. my driver says it's up to date, but ill post the bsod.
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD! Here is that stuff you told me to do...
Windows 7 32 bit original OS was XP i think, then vista, then its current 7.
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Kernel crash stuff
Hi, Been getting the BSOD Kernel crash on my Notebook for about 2 months now. I have a Compaq presario CQ61 Notebook. OS Windows 7 6.1.7600 Build 7600 which came with my Notebook and I bought it in April 2010. Never reinstalled anything and is exactly as I bought it. Im not that tech...
BSOD Help and Support
More BSODs After Fixing Stuff
Ok, I posted earlier this week or so about a BSOD. I updated my driver for that specific problem, now I'm having more issues. Here's the new information.
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App