Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD When using Chrome or playing CS:GO

11 Oct 2013   #41
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

I agree with YoYo mate try this PSU - Jump Start

test the volts on all leads they must be between 11.4 and 12.6v - just remember correct volts do not mean correct current (amps / therefore watts)


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Oct 2013   #42
Eminence

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by YoYo155 View Post
Here's my take from what you described.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Eminence View Post
Alright so my computer has been better, but there are still some issues. I've gotten maybe 2-3 blue screens this week, and one was really short I remember it was almost instant.
That is possible that no dump was recorded or it was an NMI.
Did you happen to remember how it looked?
Was there a lot of white text on the screen or just a few lines?


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Eminence View Post
Problem is some of my applications randomly crash, namely Firefox, Chrome, Osu, and CS:GO. Firefox will restart itself in safe-mode, Chrome will forget all my tabs I had open, osu will randomly crash once a song is complete (and always say it's been updated at startup), and cs:go randomly crashes if I alt+tab to my desktop (running true fullscreen on that game) and I have removed SUPERAntiSpyware.

When I'm running flash videos on websites such as YouTube, or a game, sometimes I think I can hear my graphics card or it's fan spinning if something happens in game or video it kinda matches the noise/sound it makes...call me crazy, or it could be my hard drive. The hardware end seems to be fine though, no overheating and everything is stock.
This sounds like an unstable CPU, what is the make, age and model of your PSU?
Please fill out this form and post back the result:


The noise description sounds like a typical coil whine, changing frequency dependent
on what is being displayed on the monitor.

Do you happen to notice some sort of a reproducible pattern to the crashes?


Now my BSOD's don't even automatically restart my computer, when I see it there's always been a lot of white text on the entire screen, not just a few lines.

This is the PSU I purchased last December CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Power Supply - Newegg.com

I don't think my computer is unstable, because it was running fine for a few months, and I'm sure the bsod's are a software issue, I'm guessing they happened when I updated my nvidia drivers, because this problem had never occured before, and I'm trying to find a concrete reason to why I keep getting them, but it happens randomly, sometimes I download a GIF and it crashes, or I close my internet browser and it crashes, or it loads a new graphic on the screen, and it's for multiple reasons, it just seems to lock up and crash whenever it feels like it. I think my PSU can support my system and the temperatures are fine, so I can't really find a pattern here, other than I must've done something wrong along the way.

As far as the PSU Calculator, it's a bit confusing and when I filled it in it wouldn't let me hit calculate for some reason. Maybe I am missing an option or something.

and @ICit2lol I've actually jump started my PSU before I even put it into my case when I first built this machine back in September, if you really think it's my PSU I could try it, but I read the Warning that it could kill me so I would rather not try that method.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2013   #43
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Well that kill you only applies if you dismantle the device or poke conductive things into the inside mate. There are large capacitors in there that store high voltages they are the components that will and can kill.

Testing the leads is not going to kill you at worst if you were stupid enough to put your tongue on a 12v rail you would get a very unpleasant zap.

But the choice is yours I guess. By the same token just because the device is new doesn't mean some component has gone bad in that short time not all PSU's are manufactured to a high standard.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Oct 2013   #44
YoYo155

Windows 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Eminence View Post
Now my BSOD's don't even automatically restart my computer, when I see it there's always been a lot of white text on the entire screen, not just a few lines.

This is the PSU I purchased last December CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Power Supply - Newegg.com

I don't think my computer is unstable, because it was running fine for a few months, and I'm sure the bsod's are a software issue, I'm guessing they happened when I updated my nvidia drivers, because this problem had never occured before, and I'm trying to find a concrete reason to why I keep getting them, but it happens randomly, sometimes I download a GIF and it crashes, or I close my internet browser and it crashes, or it loads a new graphic on the screen, and it's for multiple reasons, it just seems to lock up and crash whenever it feels like it. I think my PSU can support my system and the temperatures are fine, so I can't really find a pattern here, other than I must've done something wrong along the way.

As far as the PSU Calculator, it's a bit confusing and when I filled it in it wouldn't let me hit calculate for some reason. Maybe I am missing an option or something.

and @ICit2lol I've actually jump started my PSU before I even put it into my case when I first built this machine back in September, if you really think it's my PSU I could try it, but I read the Warning that it could kill me so I would rather not try that method.
Can you check if new dumps were flushed to disk (if new dumps were created) since now you say
that it doesn't auto-restart anymore.
The should be located at;
Code:
C:\Windows\Minidump
This is what I got when I ran your system through the PSU calculator;
Attachment 290065

Your PSU should be of a high enough standard to sustain this kind of workload, but we have to consider
what ICit2lol has mentioned above,
Quote:
By the same token just because the device is new doesn't mean some component has gone bad in that short time not all PSU's are manufactured to a high standard.
As it is a viable option as well.


Test for thermals and stability:
  • Download Speccy and post a Screenshot of the summary window, one at idle and another while putting load on the PC using Prime95 for the CPU side and Furmark for the GPU.
    • Before running Prime95 make sure to enable Round-off checking (see 1st post under the tutorial).

Reset the BIOS back to default in case you're unaware that your CPU is overclocked:
Note   Note
Write down the current value of the SATA Mode!
Its either AHCI or IDE.
After resetting the CMOS go back and verify the value for SATA Mode is what it was
when the OS was installed.

Note   Note
If any component is overclocked reset it back to stock speeds!


Seeing that you said you can't find a pattern and it bugchecks during random (seemingly simple tasks)
could also indicate an infection.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall
and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD When using Chrome or playing CS:GO




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD while using chrome, playing league of legends etc.
Hi! I have just recently upgraded to a ssd. I installed windows and downloaded some programs. While using chrome i sometimes got BSODs and the same thing some times when playing league of legends. But I do not get the crashes all of the times, and when I get one the likelyhood of getting another...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD when using Chrome, playing Diablo 3
Hi all, been getting BSODs more and more frequently these days, most notably when I'm using chrome or playing D3. The error shown is usually either SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Could this be due to bad RAM? I've had this computer for nearly 2 years now.
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Playing Netflix Google Chrome
I was watching Netflix tonight and kept getting a BSOD about 5 minutes into each session. at first i was using HDMI then i decided maybe i could just watch it on the laptop itself. well both ways still werent happy! HP pavillion g6
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing FFXIV and browsing on chrome.
The BSOD problems started last night while playing FFXIV. I had a series of crashes but was thinking something was wrong with the game. That stopped when the computer blue screened. After restarting and getting back to the desktop, the Windows solution window popped up detailing that I had a...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing PC games and using Chrome
Hi, I need help please Windows 7 ultimate x64 Intel Quad Q6600 not overclocked mobo: Asus P5E RAM: 4GB Corsair DDR2 XMS2 DHX Graphic: GeForce 9800 GTX+ PSU: New Silverstone Strider ST1000-P 1000Watt Last time I've did a fresh OS install was July this year.
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App