Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: New PC - BSOD installing - Ntoskrnl.exe+cca3a


18 Oct 2013   #1

Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
 
 
New PC - BSOD installing - Ntoskrnl.exe+cca3a

I just got a brand new pc, put it togther, installed essential stuff etc, and while installing av i got a bsod? BRAND NEW parts... was very shocked,, the bsod is Ntoskrnl.exe+cca3a.

Very fast help is appreciated since i need to know if its a hardware thingy so i can RMA

EDIT: Heres the dump from the SF_Diagnostic_tool

EDIT2: Uploading a new dump from a new bsod. this one is made Immediately after bsod - happend at same time, trying to install AV



Solved: Check last page, removed my Dump files and pictures on purpose.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Oct 2013   #2

Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
 
 

This is what ive been trying to install (https://mega.co.nz/#!dNUTARIS!Hd3fni...mHcM0q0UOULVt8
) (i tried uploading here but it says ''invalid file'')
did Custom install - and when while its scanning and downloading screen freezes and 10 secs later BSOD
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2013   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Hello and welcome .
A couple of questions if I may.

Are all components new? I am asking because it very tempting to reuse a seemingly simple
component such as the PSU.

Are you overclocking any component?
I see that AI Suite3 is installed make sure that you haven't set it to the TPU setting to active
as well via the switch on the motherboard.

Are the BSOD consistent?
Meaning do they occur only when you're trying to install BitDefender?
Where did you get the installation file from?

The bugchecks you uploaded are very broad one of which is a 0x101 which can't be properly analyzed
with a minidump, but seeing that there was another bugcheck after it already means that
the Kernel dump is no longer available :\ .
The bugcheck which came after is 0x9C, that stop code is very similar to a 0x124 stop code which is pointing to the hardware more often than not.

Answer the questions above then we will go from there based upon them .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


18 Oct 2013   #4

Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by YoYo155 View Post
Hello and welcome .
A couple of questions if I may.

Are all components new? I am asking because it very tempting to reuse a seemingly simple
component such as the PSU.

Are you overclocking any component?
I see that AI Suite3 is installed make sure that you haven't set it to the TPU setting to active
as well via the switch on the motherboard.

Are the BSOD consistent?
Meaning do they occur only when you're trying to install BitDefender?
Where did you get the installation file from?

The bugchecks you uploaded are very broad one of which is a 0x101 which can't be properly analyzed
with a minidump, but seeing that there was another bugcheck after it already means that
the Kernel dump is no longer available :\ .
The bugcheck which came after is 0x9C, that stop code is very similar to a 0x124 stop code which is pointing to the hardware more often than not.

Answer the questions above then we will go from there based upon them .
The Psu is indeed reuse, Thermaltake thoughpower : Thermaltake - Global - Toughpower 750W - W0117 - I opend it and cleaned it from dust very carefully, everything looked OK - Other reuse: SSD & HDD and Gtx 660, everything else is new

The TPU in allsuite i think it on.. But tbh shouldent it be okay? (i intend to OC manually the chip when i get a watercooler later on)

Got the file from the official site, i tried to install twice BOTH times it happend at the same time with the Bitdefender installer - I just downloaded Skyrim to test how it runs, and will write this on as an edit later

The bugchecks... I dont really know alot about this i just used the program as adviced : (Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions)

EDIT: Will try installing again with TPU Off very soon
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2013   #5

Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
 
 

I cannot get this TPU off... god im about to freak out :/ this is so stressing...

I tried installing again now it just freezes without bsod ?...

HEEEEELP me :/ please
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2013   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Thanks for the update .

No need to stress it's all under control ^_^ .
Tell what have you tried so far and how you determined it was unsuccessful.

Start by inspecting the motherboard and look for the TPU switch and disable it
then reset the CMOS.

Reset the BIOS back to default in case you're unaware that your CPU is overclocked:
Note   Note
Write down the current value of the SATA Mode!
Its either AHCI or IDE.
After resetting the CMOS go back and verify the value for SATA Mode is what it was
when the OS was installed.


Note   Note
If any component is overclocked reset it back to stock speeds!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2013   #7

Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by YoYo155 View Post
Thanks for the update .

No need to stress it's all under control ^_^ .
Tell what have you tried so far and how you determined it was unsuccessful.

Start by inspecting the motherboard and look for the TPU switch and disable it
then reset the CMOS.

Reset the BIOS back to default in case you're unaware that your CPU is overclocked:
Note   Note
Write down the current value of the SATA Mode!
Its either AHCI or IDE.
After resetting the CMOS go back and verify the value for SATA Mode is what it was
when the OS was installed.


Note   Note
If any component is overclocked reset it back to stock speeds!
To my knowledge Theres no tpu button on the board

Will try and clear asap. Will write back

I cannot get AI suite to stop ocing the CPU . tried changing a few settings. Ended up with the installer causing a freeze and no bsod
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2013   #8

Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
 
 

The thing im worried about is it being a hardware fail. Software can be fixed but hardware ill ned to RMa and it NEEDS to be asap in my country thats why im worried
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2013   #9

Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
 
 

i Havent resettet Cmos yet. But right now i am scanning with Malwarebytes without any problem at all (was worried the bitdefender scan and the cpu usage was cause)

If anybody can do me a HUGE favor and try and install the bitdefender trial and see if they get the error too id appreciate it ALOT, Link : Download Antivirus Software - Bitdefender Downloads its the ''Internet Security''

EDIT: Ran the Malwarebytes Fullscan insanely fast without any problems at all, ran in background and using chrome to watch videos while.

EDIT2: Found a Bios update (weirdly my included updater said there wasent any but i checked the webpage) Which should ''Improve system stability'' Ill flash it now and ... well.. time to test again
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2013   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Edit:
I didn't see "EDIT2" as it was posted as I was posting mine.
Flashing the BIOS should be done while the default settings are loaded for the current BIOS
to avoid any complications that might occur.
Flashing the BIOS will reset back to default that is until AI Suite 3 will reapply the settings.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by amd62 View Post
Will try and clear asap. Will write back

I cannot get AI suite to stop ocing the CPU . tried changing a few settings. Ended up with the installer causing a freeze and no bsod
First uninstall the Asus utilities:
Code:
ASUS\AI Suite 3
ASUS\MemTweakIt
Then reset the UEFI (BIOS) back to it's defaults.
Note   Note
Write down the current value of the SATA Mode!
Its either AHCI or IDE.
After resetting the CMOS go back and verify the value for SATA Mode is what it was
when the OS was installed.

By clicking on the EXIT in the top right corner and choosing Load Optimized Defaults.

New PC - BSOD installing - Ntoskrnl.exe+cca3a-2.png

Or
by following the methods described in the link below, either way take note of the SATA Mode!




Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by amd62 View Post
The thing im worried about is it being a hardware fail. Software can be fixed but hardware ill ned to RMa and it NEEDS to be asap in my country thats why im worried
I understand I simply stated what it means and an unstable overclock falls into that category
so no need to over complicate the subject at this time .


My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 New PC - BSOD installing - Ntoskrnl.exe+cca3a




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: New PC - BSOD installing - Ntoskrnl.exe+cca3a
Thread Forum
BSOD error - ntoskrnl.exe+cca3a / BCP1: 0000000000000031 BSOD Help and Support
BSOD while installing Star Citizen IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after installing Max Payne 3, ntoskrnl.exe+f11e4, 0x00000050 BSOD Help and Support
BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+6f880 when installing/downloading games BSOD Help and Support
Solved BSOD when installing/downloading, ntoskrnl.exe errors BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33