Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: my taskbar is disappeared!

23 Oct 2009   #1
thisismyaccount

 
my taskbar is disappeared!

After computer sleep and i wake it up again, my taskbar is disappeared but it has only 'start button' and everything is running as normal only taskbar disappear (see attachment).
It will show again after i restart the computer.

- I have alreadys restored my computer.


what should i do first to know what the problem is?

thank you very much for any suggestion

_______

I am running windows 7 x64 build 7600


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Oct 2009   #2
awer

 
 

hm...interesting
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2009   #3
H2SO4

Win7x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thisismyaccount View Post
After computer sleep and i wake it up again, my taskbar is disappeared but it has only 'start button' and everything is running as normal only taskbar disappear (see attachment).
It will show again after i restart the computer.

- I have alreadys restored my computer.


what should i do first to know what the problem is?

thank you very much for any suggestion

_______

I am running windows 7 x64 build 7600
You didn't perchance "customise" Explorer in any way, did you? Patch UxTheme or something along those lines?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


23 Oct 2009   #4
thisismyaccount

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thisismyaccount View Post
After computer sleep and i wake it up again, my taskbar is disappeared but it has only 'start button' and everything is running as normal only taskbar disappear (see attachment).
It will show again after i restart the computer.

- I have alreadys restored my computer.


what should i do first to know what the problem is?

thank you very much for any suggestion

_______

I am running windows 7 x64 build 7600
You didn't perchance "customise" Explorer in any way, did you? Patch UxTheme or something along those lines?

no, i'd never editted any Explorer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2009   #5
thisismyaccount

 

i've tried task manager by endding process named "explorer" and re-running it

so, it does restore my taskbar but i really want to know what exactly causes this problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2009   #6
H2SO4

Win7x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thisismyaccount View Post
i've tried task manager by endding process named "explorer" and re-running it

so, it does restore my taskbar but i really want to know what exactly causes this problem.
If you're quite sure Explorer is not customised or patched...

Have you installed any "desktop extenders"? Ultramon, that sort of thing.

Are the BIOS and video driver up-to-date?

Does the same thing happen if you use MSCONFIG to select "diagnostic" mode and reboot?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2009   #7
thisismyaccount

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thisismyaccount View Post
i've tried task manager by endding process named "explorer" and re-running it

so, it does restore my taskbar but i really want to know what exactly causes this problem.
If you're quite sure Explorer is not customised or patched...

Have you installed any "desktop extenders"? Ultramon, that sort of thing.

Are the BIOS and video driver up-to-date?

Does the same thing happen if you use MSCONFIG to select "diagnostic" mode and reboot?
Nope. I'd never installed any desktop extender.

I'd already rebooted using you recommend.
After i pressed sleep button in "diagnostic mode", my computer didn't go to sleep mode and just crashed. So i cannot wake it up normally and have to hard reset.
Furthermore, i confused that i tried again by sleeping it in "normal mode" and it went normally, then woke it up, the taskbar was fine.

+ this problem occured after i installed Xiph codec to read .ogg and .flac files but i've alreadys uninstalled it.

+ i'm not sure about bios driver but display driver is up-to-date

Again, thank you very much for your help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2009   #8
ricciolo

vista
 
 

The problem has been treated here :

Windows 7 Taskbar disappears overnight - Super User

Have you run the same screensaver (Fliqlo)?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2011   #9
devilsniper

windows 7
 
 
Screensaver

What has happened is you probably moved your mouse in between your screen saver and desktop.
Try previewing your screensaver usually fixes it for me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2011   #10
PeaB4YouGo

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

I have the same problem when I come out of a program called KeyWack (It's for my 2 y.o. grandson to play with).

I usually have to log out and log back in to get my taskbar back. Not TOO much trouble when it keeps the 2 y.o. occupied for more than 2 minutes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 my taskbar is disappeared!




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Safely remove icon in taskbar disappeared
My safely remove icon in the taskbar disappeared after moving it into the "hidden box" and there seems to be no way to reset it - which is strange because every other taskbar icon can be reset. I got a shortcut to the safely remove dialog window with RunDll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL...
General Discussion
desktop and taskbar disappeared
I just upgraded again to win7 after a serious crash. My new installation would not accept my system image so i started making my machine "mine" again. One of the things i do is change my start orb. After downloading a new copy of the changer from the windows club i changed it. My threatfire came up...
BSOD Help and Support
Wallpaper, Taskbar, WinExplorer disappeared
I'm new posting here after lurking for quite a while waiting to upgrade to W7. I'm now running Home Premium 64Bit on i7-930, Asus, 12GB (photo editing), new rig less than 2 weeks old. I was trying to copy my old Google Earth 'myplaces' file from my old rig to my new one. UAC, or something,...
General Discussion
Date Disappeared From Taskbar
I moved it to the left side of the screen and now my date is gone. How do I get it back? Thanks.
General Discussion
Titles of Taskbar Preview windows disappeared
Hi, I noticed that the the titles of my taskbar preview thumbnails that are supposed to appear right above the thumbnail have disappeared. I can't find the setting to bring them back... Attached is a screenshot
General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App