Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD random occurrence , error 0xF4 (0x3, 0xFFFFFA800AAE1B30) Randomly

02 Nov 2013   #11
hancipz

windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Hello again,
I have done the SeaTools For DOS things and choose the long test, As I have no idea how to print screen the result I guess I'll write the log bellow:

--------------SeaTools for DOS v2.23 ---------------------------

Device 0 is ATA Device WDCWD1OEZEX-00ZF5A0 WD-WMC1S5772716 On Generic PCI ATA
Max Native Address 1953525167
Device is 48 Bit Addressed - Number of LBAs 1953525167 (1000.205 GB )
This drive supports Security Features
SMART Is supported and ENABLED
SMART Has NOT Been Tripped
DST Is Supported
Logging Feature Set Is supported
POH 50

Started Long Test 11/2/2013 @13:45.53
Short DST PASSED 11/2/2013 @15:50.53
Long Test PASSED 11/2/2013 @15:50.53

It stated that the Test Result "PASSED" does this means it is not the HDD that cause?

So..it is not HDD , not memory, and not motherboard... could it be my Graphic Card? Do you know how to do test like this for Graphic Card?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Nov 2013   #12
Computer0304

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit/Windows 8 64-bit/Win7 Pro64-bit
 
 

Is your gpu by any chance overclocked?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2013   #13
hancipz

windows 7 64 bit
 
 

I don't think so.. (or rather I'm not sure....)
here's the detail of my GPU

Detail Description
Model Name HIS R9 270X IceQ Boost Clock 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E DLDVI-I/HDMI/2xMini DP Chipset AMD Radeon R9 270X Memory Size 2048 MB Memory Type GDDR5 Core Clock 1000 MHz (Boost Clock 1050 MHz) Memory Clock 5.6 Gbps Memory Interface 256 bit Power Supply
Requirement 500W (or greater) power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connector recommended
600W power supply (or greater) with four 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connectors recommended for AMD CrossFire™ technology. Max. Resolution
(per Display) DisplayPort 1.2 - 4096x2160
HDMI - 4096x2160
Dual-link DVI with HDCP - 2560x1600 Interface PCI Express 3.0 x16 Outputs DLDVI-I + HDMI + 2xMini DP
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Nov 2013   #14
YoYo155

Windows 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by hancipz View Post
FYI, Yesterday I tried using memtest86+ and run for 7 pass, result in no error found, so i guess... the problem shouldn't be on the RAM right?
just now I perform a disk check and attached the file.
I notice however that there are a lot of WMI and CAPI2 error found in eventviewer (picture attached) do you think this got something to do with my problem?
I have done step 1 up to 3, but now stumbled upon step 4, as I have to first download the .iso file for my windows (64 home premium)
So guess in the meantime, I put all the file here...
Well it depends on how many consecutive passes you allowed the test (memtest) to go through.
Thanks , the CHKDSK reports corrections were made to the file system which is good.
About those errors, from what I can tell it's an failure of some kind nothing much you can do about
besides updating Windows and see over time if they fixed it.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by hancipz View Post
Hello again,
I have done the SeaTools For DOS things and choose the long test, As I have no idea how to print screen the result I guess I'll write the log bellow:

--------------SeaTools for DOS v2.23 ---------------------------

Device 0 is ATA Device WDCWD1OEZEX-00ZF5A0 WD-WMC1S5772716 On Generic PCI ATA
Max Native Address 1953525167
Device is 48 Bit Addressed - Number of LBAs 1953525167 (1000.205 GB )
This drive supports Security Features
SMART Is supported and ENABLED
SMART Has NOT Been Tripped
DST Is Supported
Logging Feature Set Is supported
POH 50

Started Long Test 11/2/2013 @13:45.53
Short DST PASSED 11/2/2013 @15:50.53
Long Test PASSED 11/2/2013 @15:50.53

It stated that the Test Result "PASSED" does this means it is not the HDD that cause?

So..it is not HDD , not memory, and not motherboard... could it be my Graphic Card? Do you know how to do test like this for Graphic Card?
OK, so these results along with the screenshot of crystal disk info pretty much confirm that
HDD is in a good condition.
I can point you to a great tutorial on how to test your GPU but I don't think that has
anything to do with it. While we are on the subject, what is the make and model and age of your PSU?
Fill out this form and post back the result:

As things stand now I believe the issue is software originated, whether it being a corrupted OS,
an infection, resource hogging (legitimate) software.

I can see you have Norton Internet Security, would you mind removing the software
for troubleshooting purposes?

I would also like you to run some security scans.
Please scan for possible infection and file corruption.
(*Kaspersky Rescue CD from a USB thumbdrive)

Post back with the results .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2013   #15
hancipz

windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Hi, Thanks for the response
I have checked my power usage using extreme calculator, I attached the result bellow.. (The recommendation is around 334W)
I can't find the exact specification of my VGA at the calculator choices, however after some research I found that my VGA is comparable to "AMD Radeon HD 7850 HIS IceQ" so i used HD 7850 as basis (In assumption that their power usage would not be too disperse)

as for my PSU it's a brand new one, the spec is as follow:
Brand : Thermaltake
Model : SPS-530M
Smart SE 530@ W/Active PFC
High Current & Single +12V rail (up to 41A/492W)
530W of continuous output at 35 degree Celsius

I am currently uninstalling Norton and will check for the security scan right-after
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2013   #16
YoYo155

Windows 10
 
 

Thanks that PSU should suffice.
What about the rest?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2013   #17
hancipz

windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by YoYo155 View Post

I would also like you to run some security scans.
Please scan for possible infection and file corruption.
(*Kaspersky Rescue CD from a USB thumbdrive)

Post back with the results .
Hi there, I have use rootkits and malwarebytes to scan my computer, both result shows no infection. I couldn't perform kaspersky checking process (don't know why). Anyway, so I decided to reformat my windows 7 and installing the driver again one by one (since I suppose if it is software problem then a clean install will fix it).
After finished installing windows I tried installing the crucial driver such as motherboard and GPU, the systems running just fine (I tried testing the system by opening as many files as possible such as words,excel, or pdf). Next I decided to test the computer by browsing the Internets o I start installing the wireless card driver (my systems us TP LINK 150 Mbps as wireless modem attached in the PCI since it is practically impossible to have a LAN cable up to my room) the first 30 minutes everything was working smoothly but then the bsod come back! the exact same bsod 0xf4, I had this bsod happened only once and I immediately disable the driver.. This is why I believed the wireless driver is the cause of the problem (could it really be the cause?) I doubt it at first because it is so strange that the bsod still occurred even when I didn't browse the web... I tried to update the wireless driver for the latest driver update however it said that mine is already last available update... I checked the tp link site and model and it is stated that the product is compatible with windows 7,
So now I am practically confused again
But hey, the bright side is I believe it is almost able to say that the problem is nearlysolved...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2013   #18
YoYo155

Windows 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by hancipz View Post
Hi there, I have use rootkits and malwarebytes to scan my computer, both result shows no infection. I couldn't perform kaspersky checking process (don't know why). Anyway, so I decided to reformat my windows 7 and installing the driver again one by one (since I suppose if it is software problem then a clean install will fix it).
After finished installing windows I tried installing the crucial driver such as motherboard and GPU, the systems running just fine (I tried testing the system by opening as many files as possible such as words,excel, or pdf). Next I decided to test the computer by browsing the Internets o I start installing the wireless card driver (my systems us TP LINK 150 Mbps as wireless modem attached in the PCI since it is practically impossible to have a LAN cable up to my room) the first 30 minutes everything was working smoothly but then the bsod come back! the exact same bsod 0xf4, I had this bsod happened only once and I immediately disable the driver.. This is why I believed the wireless driver is the cause of the problem (could it really be the cause?) I doubt it at first because it is so strange that the bsod still occurred even when I didn't browse the web... I tried to update the wireless driver for the latest driver update however it said that mine is already last available update... I checked the tp link site and model and it is stated that the product is compatible with windows 7,
So now I am practically confused again
But hey, the bright side is I believe it is almost able to say that the problem is nearlysolved...
Thanks for the update .
The Atheros / TP-link drivers are notorious for causing issues when not up to date .
Do you have a different option of getting an internet connection apart from that?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2013   #19
Computer0304

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit/Windows 8 64-bit/Win7 Pro64-bit
 
 

Yeah it is almost definitely a bug with the driver. If it is impossible to get a lan cable, your only choice is to get a new wireless card.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Nov 2013   #20
hancipz

windows 7 64 bit
 
 

thx for the responses,
My computer working well now

just some suggestions for those facing the same problem though,
try to disable your driver one by one (search "Device Manager") and try to disable one by one until the problem no longer appear!

thanks guys for the help!
I mark this as solved
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD random occurrence , error 0xF4 (0x3, 0xFFFFFA800AAE1B30) Randomly




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD random occurrence 0x00000116
Not sure why but this BSOD has occurred twice in one day and I have never seen it happen before. I have attached the ZIP folder as required from the forum instructions. In my event viewer I receive the following: I tried to google it and nothing really helps me identify my problem...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD, random occurrence
Hi, I'm trying to fix the PC of a relative of mine. Its not used for anything besides web browsing/email and the crashes apparently happen randomly while in use and when not in use, any help would be appreciated.
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD occurrence. Error hal.dll+12a3b and ntoskrnl.exe+18c453
Hi all, New to the forum and I'm after some help on the random BSOD I keep getting. I have recently updated my motherboard bundle with an i5 4670k (overclocked to 4.4ghz), Gigabyte Z87-HD3. Every now and again I get a BSOD and it has happened during gaming and when browsing the net. Using...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD error 0x000003b, random occurrence
Hi. One of our employes comuter is randomly crashing with the error 0x000003b, and sometimes it also reports FLTMGR.sys in the BSOD. She uses Skype (chatting only), Thunderbird, Office 2010 and Firefox. There is no pattern to what she is doing to when the computer is crashes. I got...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD (0xF4) seemingly randomly, ntoskrnl.exe?
So this started a few days ago, BSOD popped up with error code 0x000000f4. After that it popped up more randomly (Doesn't matter if playing a game or being idle or what). I have run diagnostics on my CPU,motherboard,RAM,HDD,SDD, and other hardware and haven't found anything wrong with them yet. I...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD - randomly occurred, 0xf4 and ntoskrnl.exe
First off I wanna say thank you guys so much in advance. Having just recently discovered this forum, I'm still in awe of the wealth of knowledge on here as well as how quickly and effectively people seem to respond. Quite comforting to say the least! So here's my BSOD issue (the zipped dumpfile is...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:20.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App