Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD right after "Starting Windows" screen goes away

25 Nov 2013   #1
cedsays

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 
BSOD right after "Starting Windows" screen goes away

Hello All, unfortunately, I'm back again with more problems. Few weeks ago I ran into some internet problems when I'm not sure are related or not. But that went away and then my compute would freeze and I would have to reboot. After I noticed what was happening I just new BSOD was next. Yesterday was completely fine. I turned the computer on and BSOD after BSOD. I've managed to get into safemode with networking so I can make this post and it's been about.. 30mins and everything seems fine. Also I went into BIOS and heard a BEEP then the computer froze. Going to try to boot normally and see where I get if not I'll be back into safe mode waiting for further help. Thank you.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Nov 2013   #2
surge411

Windows 7 Enterprise x64
 
 

It contains no dump file.. Do you know the error on the bsod, or the STOP code (like HIGH_IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL; STOP 0xD1)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Nov 2013   #3
cedsays

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by surge411 View Post
It contains no dump file.. Do you know the error on the bsod, or the STOP code (like HIGH_IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL; STOP 0xD1)
Took this just in case. Hope it helps

http://i.imgur.com/BGwlpsd.jpg
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Nov 2013   #4
surge411

Windows 7 Enterprise x64
 
 

Ok, it seems to be 0xD1, when a driver tries to access an address in the memory that, simply putting it, it isn't allowed to access. It could be a symptom for one of the following problems:
  • Driver Problem
  • Faulty RAM
  • Faulty Motherboard
  • Or another faulty device
It is normally caused by drivers but, it could be caused by some other faulty device, especially RAM. I recommend running MEMTEST86+ for 1-4 passes (2 is the best to be sure, if you want you can do more) Here is a good guide: Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums

Next I would put on Driver Verifier: Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers It will detect faulty drivers and BSOD when it is found.

Now to the driver causing the issue: It seems to be PCIIDEX.SYS which is a Microsoft Driver, specifically the PCI IDE Bus Driver. BSODs are usually not caused by MS Drivers, so a BSOD pointing to it gives a bigger chance of hardware failure. Also, is it always the same, or are there random BSODs at random times?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Nov 2013   #5
cedsays

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by surge411 View Post
Ok, it seems to be 0xD1, when a driver tries to access an address in the memory that, simply putting it, it isn't allowed to access. It could be a symptom for one of the following problems:
  • Driver Problem
  • Faulty RAM
  • Faulty Motherboard
  • Or another faulty device
It is normally caused by drivers but, it could be caused by some other faulty device, especially RAM. I recommend running MEMTEST86+ for 1-4 passes (2 is the best to be sure, if you want you can do more) Here is a good guide: Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums

Next I would put on Driver Verifier: Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers It will detect faulty drivers and BSOD when it is found.

Now to the driver causing the issue: It seems to be PCIIDEX.SYS which is a Microsoft Driver, specifically the PCI IDE Bus Driver. BSODs are usually not caused by MS Drivers, so a BSOD pointing to it gives a bigger chance of hardware failure. Also, is it always the same, or are there random BSODs at random times?

Got an email with your reply while I was at school. I came home booted my pc to do what you suggested and more BSOD. I got the second BSOD while in safe mode with networking. I tried safemode without and it still stuck on a black screen.

Edit: On the laptop. I can't get any mode to work and it freezes in the BIOS.
Edit2: Did the verifier stop..kinda afraid to reboot this PC again. Will do memtest overnight if the PC allows me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Nov 2013   #6
cedsays

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Going to let it go for another pass. So far so good.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Nov 2013   #7
cedsays

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

3rd pass.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Nov 2013   #8
cedsays

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Update 11/26

After the starting windows screen, I see a quick(what I think is) BSOD then monitors, keyboard etc.. loses signal and I'm forced to restart.

After 4 freezes I finally got to my desktop and it froze.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2013   #9
surge411

Windows 7 Enterprise x64
 
 

Hello, sorry for the late reply (I myself have been having some technical problems :P)

Ok, I have a very strong feeling it is a hardware problem. There is all the evidence to prove it; Random errors, random drivers.

Seems like your RAM is fine. Have you ran CHKDSK? It's really important in my opinion because the second suspect after RAM is HDD. Go into CMD (As admin) and run chkdsk /r /f and then type Y. Restart and wait. (I suggest you do this overnight because it will take hours). I hope you are able to get into the desktop long enough.

When it freezes does it blue screen? Try to wait a while and see if it does.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2013   #10
cedsays

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by surge411 View Post
Hello, sorry for the late reply (I myself have been having some technical problems :P)

Ok, I have a very strong feeling it is a hardware problem. There is all the evidence to prove it; Random errors, random drivers.

Seems like your RAM is fine. Have you ran CHKDSK? It's really important in my opinion because the second suspect after RAM is HDD. Go into CMD (As admin) and run chkdsk /r /f and then type Y. Restart and wait. (I suggest you do this overnight because it will take hours). I hope you are able to get into the desktop long enough.

When it freezes does it blue screen? Try to wait a while and see if it does.
I've ran CHKDSK and sfc/ scannow yesterday and both shows no errors. I've never left it on long enough to see if it BSOD after a freeze. I'll wait it out next time to see if it will.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD right after "Starting Windows" screen goes away




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD during the "starting windows" screen
Hello, There are 3 options in the BIOS of my MB for sATA modes : IDE, AHCI and RAID. I made a fresh install of 7 pro x64 on a SSD drive but for some reason the sATA mode was set to "RAID" rather than "AHCI" at that time... Now, I followed the tutorial and changed msahci/start from 3 to 0....
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after "Starting Windows" screen, receive STOP: 0x
I didn't think the list of errors I got would fit the title. I also figure that posting a log isn't possible because I can't properly boot into windows. Anyways, a bit of backstory. For the past few days my PC has been behaving oddly. It would take much longer than usual to begin booting, usually...
BSOD Help and Support
Frequent BSOD and missing "Starting Windows" screen
Hi, I've been getting a few BSODs recently with the error "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA", and I have also noticed that when I start my computer, nothing shows up until the login screen shows so I can't boot in safe mode. I don't know what to do-please help! -Rixterz
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD on "Starting Windows" and "Shutting Down..."
hello there, I have some questions, why do I get bluescreen errors, when I start my computer or when I shut my computer down? things that I found on the blue screen is "prl_boot.sys" for sometimes. my computer never got Bluescreen on normal use.. Here's the zip: SF_19-12-2012.zip Any answer...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after "Starting windows" screen....
BSOD after "Starting windows" screen.... report is attached.... any help wud be appreciated... :)
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after "starting windows" startup screen
My system has continually played up since I bought it about 5 weeks ago. My very first power up gave me three blue screen crashes with a "cpu fan error" and 2 beeps on POST. The system was bought overclocked (from 3.2 to 4 GHz) and I assumed this was the problem but during most of these...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App